Football Programmes Centre

Spurs double season
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Spurs double season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:10 pm 
Post subject: Spurs double season

Hi Gentlemen,

Can anyone advise of the usual price for Spurs homes from their double winning season (60/61) and if there are any rare home games from the same season?

(If anyone needs/wants any let me know and will check to see if i have them)
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:37 am 
Post subject: spurs

Ebay's killed off prices for the Spurs double season. Sportingold are selling 22 homes from the 60-1 season for £120 - £130 in next week's sale. One of the major problems for collectors of that season's programmes is their size and flimsiness as it was the last season of the 4 page issue.
The collectable ones are certain aways, unusually most being from the north west, ie Blackburn, Bolton, Preston. The Bolton one again is on sale at Sportingold next with with a guide price of £220 - £230. I've had a couple of the preston ones in my time and they usually go for about £130.
Like all London clubs issues of the time they ahd huge print runs, so home programmes were always available. When dealers controlled the flow of them though they had a premium price because of a lack of any competition. Nowadays you can find Spurs home double programmes on ebay most days, and hence the lower prices.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:26 pm 
Post subject:

As someone with a long memory I know how difficult it can be to get some programmes. As far as Spurs - Everton goes...

At Spurs I had to pay around a tenner 3-4 years ago (ebay)
At Goodison I had to pay around £20 - although I've seen it go for more..

The most expensive 60s Everton programme was 59-60 at Burnley (they won the league) - finally nailed it for £30.

Everton v Man U - Munich season - usually costs around £150.

I'd keep looking and not be prepared to pay too much if I were you.
James

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:00 pm 
Post subject:

Most homes usually go for around £10 each although the home friendly against the Army can go from between £125 and £180.

Aways most should be easy to get hold of but as Auchinleckian has said Preston and Bolton seem to be the hardest to obtain, Preston can go for between £90-£150 and Bolton can be anything from £200-£320.

Spurs did play a few friendlies away that season as well two at the very end of the season against an Amsterdam team and another against Feyenoord both have been sold for over £200 a number of times in the past year.
saintglover

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:20 pm 
Post subject:

CARDIFF ONE ON THIS WEBSIE FOR SALE

http://www.vintageprogrammes.co.uk/
kcs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:01 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Guys, thanks for the replies.

I not really looking to buy them but have 9 coming in a bundle i have purchased and wondered what the prices of them are. The prices stated above seem to at least cover what I paid for the bundle.

Will keep you informed. Read It Judge

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:03 pm 
Post subject:

i can add to that on the spurs double winning season thread.i picked up all most of the 60/61 season of everton homes except for spurs.i had to go to michael hewitt for that one.i got it off him for 25 quid.very good condition.that was the last one i needed to complete the collection from 60/61 to present day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: