Football Programmes Centre

A programme from This Day in History...............
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A programme from This Day in History...............
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> A programme from this day in history
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:53 pm 
Post subject:

28 years ago today..........may 29th 1985

Across the water today as the Tulsa Roughnecks feel the full force of a United team scoring at will.

Tom Heffernan with the only goal of the game Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:18 am 
Post subject:

The final game of Blackpool's 1954 tour was played against an Alsace Amateur X1 which perhaps surprisingly ended in a 2-2 draw after having beaten the Alsace Professional X1 in the 1st match.

This game was also part of the 35th anniversary celebrations of the La Ligue d'Alsace de football association (the Alsace FA).

The match was played in Mulhouse in eastern France which is close to the Swiss and German borders. It is the largest city in the Haut-Rhin department and the second largest in the Alsace region after Strasbourg.

The programme is similar in design to the earlier one but is only 20 pages. The one shown here is a reproduction.

If anyone has an original they would like to sell please let me know. Smile

Maidonian

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:02 pm 
Post subject:

1998 and a 2-1 win for our Youth team clinched the Allied Counties League Championship. The four divisional winners played a knock-out competition to decide the overall Champions. The match was played at Wokingham Town's Finchampstead Road ground which has since been redeveloped for housing Sad

sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:45 pm 
Post subject:

29 years ago today..........May 30th 1984

Travelling to the Orient now, not Leyton but Peking.

12 page programme which consists of our Chairman waxing lyrical about the wonderful nation of China and how they're more than welcome to send their cheap crap to Sheffield.

Team picture of our brave boys in the middle, the first five pages are exactly the same as the last five pages albeit in two different languages.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:06 am 
Post subject:

66 years ago today...............May 31st 1947

And still the season went on.

The first of three home games to conclude the season.

Charlton Athletic are the visitors to the Lane, and enjoy a 3-1 win. Jimmy Hagan scores United's consolation and Ernest Jackson keeps up United's proud tradition of missing penalties in May. he had his saved. Sad

bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:26 am 
Post subject:

The 10th match of the 1958 World Tour (ninth in Australia) and the fifth and final Test against the Australian National side.

The game was played at the Olympic Park in Melbourne where the previous week Blackpool had beaten Victoria 8-0.

This time the result was a 7-0 Blackpool victory and in the 5 Test Matches Blackpool scored 25 goals against 6 conceded.

A 16 page larger style Soccer News Souvenir Programme was issued similar in design and layout to the previous week's programme but this time the cover was green instead of red.

Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:45 am 
Post subject:

31st May 1989

The 2nd Division season was nearing its end, I can't remember why it extended into June, so here's the story on the 1st leg of the Play-Off final:-

Blackburn Rovers v Crystal Palace
Result: 3-1
Attendance: 16421

2 early goals by Howard Gayle looked to have set Rovers on their way to the top flight, but a scrambled 86th minute effort by Palace's Eddie McGoldrick gave the Londoners a lifeline - with away goals counting double. But then in the 90th minute disaster struck (for Palace!) as the prolific Simon Garner made it 3 for Rovers.

Pic shows Garner and Palace's David Burke in action earlier in the game.

Programme below - more to follow on 3rd June!!

derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm 
Post subject:

Back 66 years to 1947 and Fratton Park for the final game of that rather extended league season.
20,852 watched Raich Carter and Frank Broome score the Rams' goals in a 2-1 win.
6 page gatefold programme expresses thanks to the players for a satisfactory season and reminds them that, later that very evening, the Lord Mayor was giving a dinner for them at the City Council Chambers.

As an aside, there is something in this programme which isn't seen very often in items of this vintage....a spelling mistake. "Goaless draw". Tut tut Smile

pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:08 pm 
Post subject:

Back to 1989 and Rovers were still playing league games. This was the 3rd Division Play Off Final 1st leg.
9,042 packed into Twerton Park to see Gary Penrice give us a half time lead. Robbie Earl equalised for Vale in the 2nd half to leave Rovers with mountain to climb in the2nd leg.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:16 pm 
Post subject:

Don't forget that from tommorrow we can use the new section for posting piccies of the programme of the day. Will move this thread to the new section some time in the morning.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:19 pm 
Post subject:

pastpirate wrote:
Don't forget that from tommorrow we can use the new section for posting piccies of the programme of the day. Will move this thread to the new section some time in the morning.

Cheers Jamie, just mentioned it on the June thread.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:48 pm 
Post subject:

I love this thread.
Seeing all those progs from across the years is just great.

| More
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> A programme from this day in history All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26

Jump to: