Football Programmes Centre

New to the FPC
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New to the FPC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdg73

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:24 pm 
Post subject: New to the FPC

hey everyone

I've been meaning to introduce myself to the forum since I joined a couple of weeks ago but am just getting round to it now. I collect programmes from games involving Dundee United.

I'm actually in my second wave of programme collecting. The first was between the ages of about 10 and 20 when I mainly saved the programmes from games I went to and bought the odd thing via mail order. There was no focus or strategy to my collecting then. I ended up selling that collection when I was a student, a decision I now bitterly regret (I have no recollection of the weekend I needed the cash for but I can still remember the covers of a lot of those programmes!) The one item I'm still genuinely gutted about letting go was a club handbook from the 1920s, issued just a few months after they were reformed as Dundee United.

Anyhow, I'm now in my late 30s and about a year or so ago, I got the bug again. I didn't want to collect on a season-by-season basis (yet) so I've set myself some targets, some quite manageable, some less so:

- All competitive games in European competitions (for which a programme was issued). So far I have 86 out of 100
- All games from the 1982-83 league title-winning season. So far I have 31 out of 36
- All games in the four domestic cup-winning campaigns (League Cup 79/80 & 80/81, and Scottish Cup 93/94 & 09/10). So far I have 27 out of 34
...and for a bit of variety, all friendlies against non-Scottish opposition. So far I have 54 but goodness knows how many there are to collect but it's at least 150...
Eck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:00 pm 
Post subject:

Welcome from a dyed in the wool bluenose. I'll list the Dundee United programmes i've got. If you want to have a look and i'll let you have any you need for a reasonable price. I have the complete home European run in the season where they reached the final of the UEFA Cup and one of the away games. I am also in my second wave of collecting,I sold my not too large collection in 1980 for wallies.
Blackjack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:19 pm 
Post subject:

I got excited then as I thought jdg was Jonathon De Guzman - another Swansea collector ! How wrong was I ??

Welcome anyway mate and hope you get hold of all you are collecting.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: