Football Programmes Centre

FLIKR sites
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FLIKR sites
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:28 pm 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
Just found out, only pro accounts have stats

Seems like Pro Accounts were effectively ended in May 2013, but existing users were able to keep some of the benefits, like stats.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:36 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
Eck wrote:
Just found out, only pro accounts have stats

Seems like Pro Accounts were effectively ended in May 2013, but existing users were able to keep some of the benefits, like stats.

costs a bit less than £1 a week to have access to stats, or check each image individually to see how the figures add up but you cannot see who is viewing them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:40 pm 
Post subject:

Unfortunately new users after May 2013 don't get access to stats like you have Leslie as they only came with the Pro accounts, and you can no longer set-up a new Pro account, only a free one.

At least, that is what their help pages indicate.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:12 am 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
Unfortunately new users after May 2013 don't get access to stats like you have Leslie as they only came with the Pro accounts, and you can no longer set-up a new Pro account, only a free one.

At least, that is what their help pages indicate.

Originally it was free via BT/Yahoo then after a while BT split with Yahoo and Yahoo took charge of flickr and that is when the changes happened in 2013. Maybe if u are a Yahoo original customer you may get flickr benefits as BT charged around 50 quid a year for a pro account-maybe Yahoo has abolished it now but in doing so you have no means to know "how you are doing" and also and importantly are unable it seems to see who is viewing your images and why-how can that promote your site or your willingness to continue?.

Interesting to hear from other forum members who have got access to their stats, as to me that is part and parcel of the whole point of the sight see and be seen and then promote yourself and then see after doing that how successful it has been.

Frustrating not to be able to see how popular your images may be to everyone else.

Wave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:16 am 
Post subject:

It would be good to see some form of stats/traffic data, but for me the point of doing this is to;

a) Have easy access to images of my collection and for people to have a look at if interested and
b) A third party record of my collection for insurance purposes (over and above other records I keep).

I’m not too concerned if nobody looks at it.

Lots of scanning yet to do though.
Eck

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:42 am 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
It would be good to see some form of stats/traffic data, but for me the point of doing this is to;

a) Have easy access to images of my collection and for people to have a look at if interested and
b) A third party record of my collection for insurance purposes (over and above other records I keep).

Thumbs Up
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:26 am 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:

exactly my sentiments too.

Originally to have a pictorial method of seeing my collection as against writing lists and lists on paper.
For Insurance purposes for me that does not work but it is a back up to show that the items exist if ever there were any issues.

I did this for me and for no one else originally but as I added a few items here and there then I decided to expand the "albums" to cover all the various aspects of collecting a single club and the traffic started to build up slowly and then as is now there could be for no specific reason many viewings on some days for no apparent reason.

To maintain the high traffic I will suggest and provide a link on some forms of social media and once you are followed then whatever goes on people can view if they consider it of interest, I tend not to become involved with Facebook as I do not want to see all the personal stuff from everyone's aunty and although I do have an account I have disabled it.

Well I am proud to show what I have as against others who horde it all away[how sad they must be]but of course in doing so then out come the numpties to make assertions that it is showing off etc etc , funny how no one ever levels that at messrs Neville Evans and Nigel Wray or would they dare too perhaps? but then again they are not mere mortals like the rest of us.

Wave
Eck

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:44 am 
Post subject:

How do you store ll that stuff Leslie? I have about 4,000 programmes in my collection and maybe another 4,000 apart from that which is tiny really in comparison.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:46 am 
Post subject:

It’s an easy way to show items from your own collection, regardless of whether it’s Graham Budd standard or 50p tat or somewhere in-between, one mans rubbish etc etc………it is a lot of work though scanning and/or photographing items but if you do a handful a day then it begins to build up and it gets quite addictive. These days most printers designed for home use come with a built in scanner/copier, they’re cheap and easy to use.

I doubt too many people will want to look at my stuff – who knows – but I do it for myself for other reasons as outlined, other people becoming interested and taking a look is a bonus. I do enjoy looking at other Flickr sites and seeing what other people have.

Hopefully more people do this, even show just part of their collections, there must be some great items out there in collections that won’t see the light of day until they appear at auction when the collector pegs it.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:13 pm 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
How do you store ll that stuff Leslie? I have about 4,000 programmes in my collection and maybe another 4,000 apart from that which is tiny really in comparison.

8000 is not a small amount in anyone's language Thumbs Up

The secret is to find a woman who really does not care that much so as I am on wife number 3[who moved in 12 years ago] she knows when I joss it she gets the lot and if she goes b4 me than I get the remaining 10% that is not covered in football memorabilia around the 3 floors-simples. She even dusts it once a week[protecting her investment no doubt Laughing ].

Here are some images of where the bulk is kept https://flic.kr/s/aHsjevJPsS

There is close to 20,000 items in this room alone[I gave up counting some time ago], could be more as each of the binders are stuffed with programmes, tickets, menu's, invites, postcards, newspapers and there are several hundred of them.

Still it keeps me chained to the scanner-could think of worse things to do of an evening!

Wave
Eck

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:01 pm 
Post subject:

Only 4,000 is my collection the rest are doubles and bulk i've bought in the past but no longer require.
My wife is the same she happily indulges me in this hobby, I don't drink or smoke so she's happy that i'm not enjoying myself too much.
I've seen those before, it's more like museum, quite staggering.
Willie Clark (the gers) said he was inspired by your flickr to do his own, he has the most fantastic Rangers collection i've seen. I look at it every day usually several times for reference. I have shared the link to his flickr much more than my own.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:20 pm 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
Only 4,000 is my collection the rest are doubles and bulk i've bought in the past but no longer require.
My wife is the same she happily indulges me in this hobby, I don't drink or smoke so she's happy that i'm not enjoying myself too much.
I've seen those before, it's more like museum, quite staggering.
Willie Clark (the gers) said he was inspired by your flickr to do his own, he has the most fantastic Rangers collection i've seen. I look at it every day usually several times for reference. I have shared the link to his flickr much more than my own.

can u email me his link as I would like to see also please.
[email protected]

Ta v much Thumbs Up
Rocky

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:57 pm 
Post subject:

Has there been changes to Flickr?
Eck

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:58 am 
Post subject:

There has been changes in the last week in the look of your flickr page but not so much in the way of major changes.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:04 pm 
Post subject:

Smile

Just to say thanks to all the forum members who have viewed the flickr site.

www.flickr.com/photos/sharrowblade

Never thought it would have 7 figure views.

Now to crack on with updating it to a complete record.
andy1966

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:30 pm 
Post subject: Everton Flickr site

Just passed the half million views on my flickr site. Been adding a description to all programmes adding match details as I have them. I real labour of love, hard to find all details so very time consuming.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_latchford/collections

Thanks for the views, always adding items, although apart from new programmes, adding older ones is proving harder.....more expensive and certainly less available.

Oh well, another year coming to see if I can fill gaps.
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:48 pm 
Post subject:

Excellent site Andy......even if it isn't my cup of tea!! Wink Wink Scouse Scouse
andy1966

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:00 pm 
Post subject:

haha thanks, plenty of Liverpool programmes on there !
Rocky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:43 pm 
Post subject:

My growing collection of North Riding Senior Cup programmes dating from 1911 to present, including 63 different finals. There are ‘several’ non-league club issues featured, alongside some of the bigger clubs such as Scarborough, York & Boro.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums

Thumbs Up

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:18 pm 
Post subject:

Rocky wrote:
My growing collection of North Riding Senior Cup programmes dating from 1911 to present, including 63 different finals. There are ‘several’ non-league club issues featured, alongside some of the bigger clubs such as Scarborough, York & Boro.

Thumbs Up

Impressive also but why not add your covers to the football programme site and you will then start to get other collectors looking at your stuff?

https://www.flickr.com/groups/768335@N21

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: