Football Programmes Centre

47/8 QPR v Derby (FAC)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
47/8 QPR v Derby (FAC)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:35 pm 
Post subject: 47/8 QPR v Derby (FAC)

Inside my copy of the standard 8 page QPR home issue for this 6th Round FAC game is a 32 page photographic souvenir booklet (scan inserted below).
What I'm asking QPR & Derby collectors is - do you know if this was for sale along with the programme or something quite separate?
As it's priced at 1/-, I guess it's the latter - but a pedant like me likes to be sure so I can move it from my "programme" folders to my "other items" folders Smile

[img]
bjm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:17 pm 
Post subject: QPR v Derby County

I was at the match in question (1 - 1) and also have the programme and booklet. Unless my memory is playing tricks (and at my age it sometimes does!), I am virtually certain the booklet was not with the programme.
banleystowles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:53 am 
Post subject: Re: QPR v Derby County

bjm wrote:
I was at the match in question (1 - 1) and also have the programme and booklet. Unless my memory is playing tricks (and at my age it sometimes does!), I am virtually certain the booklet was not with the programme.

Hello bjm nice to see a fellow R's fan! Unless you are Derby (which is highly unlikely) lets hope we can do the biz against cfc on saturday Thumbs Up
Popsider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:12 pm 
Post subject:

Its a pirate programme and not part of the official publication. Unlike other pirates of the same era it has a substantail content.

Interestingly there are two versions of this pirate, both produced by Pick and almost identical in content although the other one is priced at 6d wheras the one illustrated is 1/- (which in 1948 is quite a lot of money for a programme)

Personally I think 1940s/1950s pirate programmes are a great part of a collection - what do others think?
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:19 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the info.

Agree - they're nice 'extras' to have. I've got one for the 72/3 Spurs/Derby FAC tie so they were still being produced as late as then.

Don't own too many involving Derby:
-1946 FAC Final
-1946 FAC S/F
-1948 FAC S/F
-49/0 Derby v Bury FAC
-65/6 Derby v Man U FAC
-68/9 Derby v Swindon LC
-the aforementioned Spurs one.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: