Football Programmes Centre

Bubble gum cards
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bubble gum cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WestHamRob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:53 pm 
Post subject: Bubble gum cards

I'm not an expert on football bubble gum cards, but I bought six bubble gum cards the other day. The cards have been framed.

The footballers on the cards are:

Peter Dobing
Alec Johnson
George Eastham
Mark Pearson
Bobby Moore
Alan Harrington

I have a feeling that are from the early 60's.

I would be grateful for any info on bubble gum cards from this era and value.
WestHamRob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:56 pm 
Post subject:

Sorry its Alec Jackson not Johnson.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:41 pm 
Post subject: cards

The frame's probably worth more than the cards. Usual rule of thumb when dealing with any cards is that there were usually two or three cards within each set that had far less printed than the others, and this created a false "supply and demand" You may remember as a kid at school that whatever you were collecting there would always be two or three elusive ones, and this encouraged people to buy more packets.
Therefore, even with card sets over 60 or 70 years old, it's only one or two that most collectors are looking for, and willing to pay premium prices for. There are the exceptions, with some sets still fetching astronomical prices. I bought a whole load of cards locally about 12 years back, including 100's of Topical Times cards from the 30's which are vasically worthless because nobody wants any others than their own teams, and there was a pre war Dutch set of cards 50 in total. I got £12 apiece for them from a well connected dealer - but that's very much the exception to the rule.
WestHamRob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:00 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Auchinleckian. I didnt pay an awful lot for it, but probs. more then I should!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: