Football Programmes Centre

The Pope and King Billy(maybe only Scots will get this joke)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Pope and King Billy(maybe only Scots will get this joke)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:45 am 
Post subject: The Pope and King Billy(maybe only Scots will get this joke)

The Pope and King Billy go to the DSS looking for a crisis loan. The Pope comes out happy and says, I got a hundred quid, how much did you get? King Billy says,I got 2 hundred, but i've got a horse to feed.
MisterGas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:14 am 
Post subject:

Yeah your right !
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:47 am 
Post subject:

Maybe best not to expose this forum to the peculiar obsession with religion that the Old Firm seem to share.
Eck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:35 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
Maybe best not to expose this forum to the peculiar obsession with religion that the Old Firm seem to share.

Except that it's a neutral joke, I think you maybe don't understand that outside of matchdays we are not the stereotypical thugs,we enjoy humour,banter and we have a mixed company of friends belonging to both camps.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:45 pm 
Post subject:

Oh I understand it all right, and as I said this obsession is better left alone when posting on here.
Eck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:05 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
Oh I understand it all right, and as I said this obsession is better left alone when posting on here.

You are obsessing, sort of kick in the teeth to the "anything goes" label. You have created conflict out of nothing. This is not offensive.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:35 pm 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
Tynie Topics wrote:

You are obsessing, sort of kick in the teeth to the "anything goes" label. You have created conflict out of nothing. This is not offensive.

To you maybe. Fill your boots though, anything goes.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:55 am 
Post subject: King Billy

Welcome to the wonderful world that is Scottish football. Glad, like many of my friends, I only go to safe law abiding havens like Auchinleck to watch my football, where we tend to discuss philosophy, politics, architecture, and many other intellectually challenging subjects whilst having our half time tofu and spinach pies and a glass of chablis, waiting for the 22 good men to recommence their physical challenge in the second half.

Arf, arf...... Laughing
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:33 pm 
Post subject: Re: King Billy

Auchinleckian wrote:
Welcome to the wonderful world that is Scottish football. Glad, like many of my friends, I only go to safe law abiding havens like Auchinleck to watch my football, where we tend to discuss philosophy, politics, architecture, and many other intellectually challenging subjects whilst having our half time tofu and spinach pies and a glass of chablis, waiting for the 22 good men to recommence their physical challenge in the second half.

Arf, arf...... Laughing

I went to see Arthurlie v Benburb. Two auld guys in their 70s were arguing over a decision by the ref. One said...If I ever see you in Govan........ Very Happy
grimsbybarralad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:21 pm 
Post subject:

Is someone going to explain this joke for the benefit of the uninitiated?

""Retires to safe distance whilst putting on tin hat**
Gorgie JT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:25 pm 
Post subject:

grimsbybarralad wrote:

Think the main problem is, it just aint funny.

Not being PC.....it just a fecking shit joke Confused
Eck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:56 am 
Post subject:

grimsbybarralad wrote:

Main symbol of protestantism is King Billy on a white horse,main catholic symbol is the pope. It is a daft joke,my Celtic & Rangers pals thought it was funny. A couple of jambo's have decided to get all politically correct. Why don't the pair of you wash each others hair and go for a girls night out? Lighten up ffs.
Gorgie JT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:49 am 
Post subject:

As i said i wasnt being politically correct (im far from it Smile ) it was a fecking shit joke..end off.
Eck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:55 pm 
Post subject:

Gorgie JT wrote:
As i said i wasnt being politically correct (im far from it Smile ) it was a fecking shit joke..end off.

So what it's a shit joke,there's no need for snide comments. It is a terribly annoying thing i've found on forums,there's a section of people who,if they don't like a joke you've posted they want you put to death.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:36 pm 
Post subject:

[quote="Eck"]
grimsbybarralad wrote:
Main symbol of protestantism is King Billy on a white horse,main catholic symbol is the pope. It is a daft joke,my Celtic & Rangers pals thought it was funny. A couple of jambo's have decided to get all politically correct. Why don't the pair of you wash each others hair and go for a girls night out? Lighten up ffs.

Given the religious bigotry and sectarianism that has blighted and continues to blight Scotland, I don't think I require to lighten up, and bad taste jokes like this - in their own small way - do nothing to help.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:38 pm 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
It is a terribly annoying thing i've found on forums, there's a section of people who,if they don't like a joke you've posted they want you put to death.

Well, there's a moral in there somewhere don't you think?

Stick to programme chat, it's much safer (ish) Thumbs Up
Eck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:59 pm 
Post subject:

It is a non offensive neutral joke with no malice intended,you really have to look at your own behaviour.The joke makes a mockery of religious bigotry,you should have enough sense to see that. I will certainly avoid discussion with you in future if I indeed return here.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:31 pm 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
It is a non offensive neutral joke with no malice intended,you really have to look at your own behaviour.The joke makes a mockery of religious bigotry,you should have enough sense to see that. I will certainly avoid discussion with you in future if I indeed return here.

Fair enough, if you have the lack of awareness as to how others may see your "joke" then I'm happy for you to avoid disussion.

What an ill advised way to introduce youself to this board. My advice (and it is only advice) is to stop digging.
Eck

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:00 am 
Post subject:

You made a big issue out of nothing. Have you considered that you have called a new member a bigot for posting a harmless joke that you are the only one out of hundreds that have heard it has seen something wrong in it,but you don't have the ability to back down and always have to justify your actions whether you are right or not. I remember going to a different church from my own and one of the people on the door made a negative comment,I was going to take him to task for the unjustified dig but I decided to leave it and leave him looking bad. I wish I had done the same with you.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:01 am 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
You made a big issue out of nothing. Have you considered that you have called a new member a bigot for posting a harmless joke that you are the only one out of hundreds that have heard it has seen something wrong in it,but you don't have the ability to back down and always have to justify your actions whether you are right or not. I remember going to a different church from my own and one of the people on the door made a negative comment,I was going to take him to task for the unjustified dig but I decided to leave it and leave him looking bad. I wish I had done the same with you.

Where have I called you a bigot?

Your post illustrates exactly my original point on this thread. Leave the subject alone and stop responding.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: