Football Programmes Centre

Football Programme restoration
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Football Programme restoration
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:12 pm 
Post subject:

I've spoken to Eamonn at Programme Preservation and he's agreed to let us provide details of his services on our site. You can see some of the great work that he has done below;

http://www.footballprogrammece.....ration.php
arsenal288

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 pm 
Post subject: restorations

eamonn has done shed loads of my stuff and i can honestly say that its worth every penny(if you have a very collectable prog).
but if yo are in need of restoring a run of the mill prog, then all i can say is contact ROBERT JAMES, he lives in sidcup (south east london) is very knowledgeable, honest and very cheap for every day sort of prog problems......call him on....
0208-302-9996......tell him steve recommended him.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:58 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers Arsenal..

Do you have any examples with a rough guide? Obviously Programme Preservation cost a few bob and you need to be looking at a 70+ year old programme to consider them but how much is Robert James?

Craig
arsenal288

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:11 am 
Post subject: restoring

he doe'snt have a price list as such, its more of a how bad is the prog sort of thing. but he is very very cheap. if i've paid £5 for a prog i do not want to pay mega bucks to get it restored, and that is where robert is the man, i'm sorry i cant be more informative..................steve.
upthecounty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:05 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers lads, I didn't realise that this thread would provoke such interest, some excellents leads, I guess I'll have to be very selective at £80.00 a pop.
Thanks again
Scott
holtie96

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:41 pm 
Post subject:

hi again, i would have to reiterate that £80 would be for large number of pages and for alot of restoration, I have had work done on programmes eg hole punches filled, marks removed etc and from recollection paid approximately £25-£30. I would always ask before dismissing outright.
All of the above is just my opinion.
matt blue

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:39 pm 
Post subject:

I think ill be sending my cardiff v chelsea 54 programme off ---the front cover is 60% detatched...last one i saw was over £200...picked this up for pennies
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:22 pm 
Post subject:

holtie96 wrote:
hi again, i would have to reiterate that £80 would be for large number of pages and for alot of restoration, I have had work done on programmes eg hole punches filled, marks removed etc and from recollection paid approximately £25-£30. I would always ask before dismissing outright.

Id just like to add to what holtie has said here, i've spoken to Eamonn again and he assures me that;

Quote:
"£80 for the restoration of the '37 final is at the top end of the price range due to the very poor condition of this particular programme."

On average the cost of repairs generally is between £25 to £50."
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:29 pm 
Post subject:

Craig wrote:
holtie96 wrote:

Id just like to add to what holtie has said here, i've spoken to Eamonn again and he assures me that;

Quote:
"£80 for the restoration of the '37 final is at the top end of the price range due to the very poor condition of this particular programme."

On average the cost of repairs generally is between £25 to £50."

That's an excellent price to turn tat into decent memorabilia that is good to look at. Would it add more than the value as well? I dare say it would.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:21 pm 
Post subject:

After reading the forum i sent off two programmes to this guy to have a look at . I got them back today and i got to say they are in awesome condtion. Just wonderful . I can't recommend him highly enough. The service is second to none. Very reasonable prices. I will be sending more programmes soon..
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:56 pm 
Post subject:

All it all its turned out to be a good day for your hasnt it!! Laughing

Dont suppose you have any pictures before and after?

Also how long do they take?
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:12 pm 
Post subject:

I didn't bother taking a Photo.. wish i did. It took a few weeks but Eammon was on holiday so no problems. Honestly it is well worth any wait.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:09 pm 
Post subject: Queries about progs.

Wullie wrote:
After reading the forum i sent off two programmes to this guy to have a look at . I got them back today and i got to say they are in awesome condtion. Just wonderful . I can't recommend him highly enough. The service is second to none. Very reasonable prices. I will be sending more programmes soon..
You have finaly persuaded me to send of one of my prized posestions,Blackburn v Leeds 59/60 has several T/Cs said it will cost about £15- £20, sounds good to me.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:03 pm 
Post subject: Re: Queries about progs.

Molineux Phil wrote:
Wullie wrote:
You have finaly persuaded me to send of one of my prized posestions,Blackburn v Leeds 59/60 has several T/Cs said it will cost about £15- £20, sounds good to me.
Received back today my two Blackburn progs from Eamonn Fitzmaurice at Programme Preservationand can only endorse what as all ready been said re Eamonns work,progs came back as good as new very reasonable prices as well.
Andy Arsenal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:37 am 
Post subject: 1922 FA cup final programme

Have a 1922 fa cup final programme in quite bad condition it has 4 pieces missing from front cover, some tears, and folds.

I have recently sent it away to programme preservation to be restored, the price quoted £125 which for a rare FA cup final should be worth it.
certainlynot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:31 am 
Post subject:

£125 sounds a bit pricey Andy , Have you asked Eamon ?
nozer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:59 am 
Post subject: prog re work.

Sounds a little OTT to me also BUT.....i have only had T/Cs ,H/T Punch holes restored never been more than £25 a item, but has as been said this guy dose an amazing job and if like me ALL of your progs have to be in "Mint" condition i would not delay in sending here of ,but at £125 .....i dont know only you can decide that .
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:45 pm 
Post subject:

Eamonn has done a few for me and I'm waiting on one from him at the moment.

He did an amazing job on a Wimbledon programme from 1922 which was tatty and frankly on it's last legs, came back in magnificient condition and undoubtedly saved it from the bin.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:20 pm 
Post subject: programmes

If you're paying that kind of money I'd expect it to be fully restored with the full wording reinstated on page 2 where the holes are, rather than just similar coloured paper being used to simply blend in.

Don't forget, it's not the value of the programme that determines what you pay for the restoration, it's the actual work involved. Assume the cover's being cleaned as well of the grubbiness on the folds at that price?
Andy Arsenal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:40 am 
Post subject: 1922 FA cup final programme

Thanks for all the replies,

Yeah Eammon said he would fill in the wording and sort the programme out totally for £125.

I look forward to the finished article.

Andy.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: