Football Programmes Centre

TWO COVERS FOR ONE GAME
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TWO COVERS FOR ONE GAME
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:46 pm 
Post subject:

How about this one? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rare-Bla.....286.c0.m14

Why do people say good condition when there is clearly a strong fold on both programmes.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:04 pm 
Post subject: Re: TWO COVERS FOR ONE GAME

Rocky Boro wrote:

I notice that I have a few Middlesbrough away programmes that have 2 different covers produced for the same game. They are as follows at:

CARDIFF 73/4
NOTTS FOREST 80/1
OXFORD 84/5
DONCASTER 86/7 (same cover, but different colours)
BARNSLEY 87/8 (same cover, but different colours)

I've been speaking to Rocky today and he has some new information on this which I said i'd post up.

The Cardiff game was infact a "home" game for Boro. It was played at Ayresome Park on 17th November 1973 and the two versions published were;

I'm unsure at the moment if either version is rarer than the other of if they are both common place but I have the version with the slide tackle on the front.
landorerocks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:48 pm 
Post subject:

rokerprogz wrote:
Rocky,

there's a post on this forum somewhere about the double covers on your programmes. I can't remember where abouts though mate, sorry.

I know Derby produced 2 covers for their programmes for the 99-00 season to mark the Millenium (1 standard copy, one with gold lettering), not sure if Boro were in the same division as us that season though.

do you know if derby did this with the swans cup game Confused
cheers in advance Thumbs Up
landorerocks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:54 pm 
Post subject:

there is one on ebay at the moment http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nott.....415b368086

forest v swansea 82/83 i dont know if they did for all of that season Confused
westyorksnffc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:02 am 
Post subject:

landorerocks wrote:
forest v swansea 82/83 i dont know if they did for all of that season Confused

No, only for the odd game, and for no specific reason either, there was a handful of games between 1980 and 1986 with 'double covers'.

Forest programme guide: www.nottinghamforestprogrammes.weebly.com (a steady working progress, any help or advice gratefully accepted!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
lambie the leap

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:40 pm 
Post subject:

Millwall v. Burnley 1946/47 was printed in 3 different colours as was Burnley v. Liverpool FA Cup Semi Final at Blackburn in the same season.
smk06

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:30 pm 
Post subject:

Derby issued two programmes of The Ram for the 1999/2000 Millennium season - a normal edition and a 'gold' edition which has the 'The' in gold lettering on the front cover and a stamp also on the front cover indicating it is the Millennium gold edition.

A subscription for all 22 home game Gold programmes, including the cup games, was £110 (as advertised in the programme itself) and only 500 sets were sold complete with certificate of authenticity, teamsheets and result sheets.

I have a set myself plus one complete spare set which is my dad's. I'll ask him if he minds me selling them on (I currently have to get back to Steel City Smoggy about the spare Boro one!)
landorerocks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:49 pm 
Post subject:

smk06 wrote:
Derby issued two programmes of The Ram for the 1999/2000 Millennium season - a normal edition and a 'gold' edition which has the 'The' in gold lettering on the front cover and a stamp also on the front cover indicating it is the Millennium gold edition.

A subscription for all 22 home game Gold programmes, including the cup games, was £110 (as advertised in the programme itself) and only 500 sets were sold complete with certificate of authenticity, teamsheets and result sheets.

I have a set myself plus one complete spare set which is my dad's. I'll ask him if he minds me selling them on (I currently have to get back to Steel City Smoggy about the spare Boro one!)

i would be very intested in the swansea one if you do end up selling them mate Thumbs Up
badhand

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:17 pm 
Post subject:

I believe that there are two covers for Sheffield United v Bristol Rovers 31.3.78. I've got one but never seen the other. Please could someone confirm?
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:19 pm 
Post subject:

There are three covers on this weeks Radio Times. Good to see Harry Potter fans taken for a ride instead of programme collectors....
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: