Football Programmes Centre

Thatcher
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Thatcher

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:40 pm 
Post subject: Thatcher

Nothing to do with football, just a loathing of the old bitch. See she's having a pin put into her broken arm - hope it's done without anaesthetic, and that she gets Arthur Scargill as her first visitor when she awakes.
rokerprogz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:27 pm 
Post subject: Re: Thatcher

Auchinleckian wrote:
Nothing to do with football, just a loathing of the old bitch. See she's having a pin put into her broken arm - hope it's done without anaesthetic, and that she gets Arthur Scargill as her first visitor when she awakes.

That's a terrible thing to say. I'd prefer it if she just didn't. Wink
anfieldpurch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:58 pm 
Post subject:

Something to make you laugh

In the local paper here (The Grantham Journal) They were on about putting a statue of Thatcher up here LMAO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:33 pm 
Post subject:

Can understand those words as party leaders raise some very strong feelings. Personaly I wish nothing but pain and suffering on Blair and Brown. Also think Maggie is the best leader we have had in my lifetime. That's my opinion I expect many are with me and just as many will think I am mad.

Probably a good topic to get us all arguing, maybe I will stop now.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
matt blue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:39 pm 
Post subject:

close thread lol, it will be an "e" riot otherwise !!! i was too young to remember what went on in the early 80s but from what people told me it wasnt pretty for lots especially here in s wales
MisterGas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:06 am 

Auchinleckian wrote:

And pins in the Bitch's eyes xxx
PRESTON WCFC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:11 am 
Post subject:

Two words - POLL TAX !!!
gfcpaul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:27 am 

There were a lot of things wrong about Thatcher but there were also a lot of good things from her,when you look at some of the dross that has followed especially the last 3,nice peas dear Major,love everyone Blair and haven't got the words for Brown.
Think Mr.Fawkes has a lot to answer for. Laughing Laughing Laughing
And as for the current crop and their expenses,if any of us on this site did what some of these people have done we'd have already had a visit from the fraud squad. Sherlock
Flackwell Lad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:03 am 
Post subject:

Well done John......you really started something now mate..haha
grimsbybarralad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:51 am 

gfcpaul wrote:
There were a lot of things wrong about Thatcher but there were also a lot of good things from her,when you look at some of the dross that has followed especially the last 3,nice peas dear Major,love everyone Blair and haven't got the words for Brown.
Think Mr.Fawkes has a lot to answer for. Laughing Laughing Laughing
And as for the current crop and their expenses,if any of us on this site did what some of these people have done we'd have already had a visit from the fraud squad. Sherlock

Hmmm! It's my understanding that the current pigs in trough outlook of our elected representatives started during the Th****er era because she knew that the public would never countenance the big payrise that had been mooted so she encouraged M.P.s to make up their money via the expenses system. The rest thanks to the Daily Telegraph is history!
gfcpaul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:00 am 

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
You're probably right,its almost sadly funny that it takes a major recession for all the s**t to hit the fan,greedy bankers,supermarket bosses achieving godlike status and MP's taking every last penny they can.
Still look on the bright side they'll expect us poor sods to work til we're 100 to pay it all back in tax. Shocked
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:28 am 

It's amazing the emotions the old she cow can raise 20 years after her political demise isn't it?
Remember well the miner's strike; the Poll Tax - that she foisted on the Scots first; the Falklands; riots on the streets of Britain that most folk nowadays just wouldn't believe could possibly have happened; Greenham Common; my shipyard at Immingham shutting down with 550 folk made redundant;
Understand the old gal's doubly incontinent which ought to make her stay in hospital enlightening, but it'll give the settee a rest at home.
Make no mistake about it, she's the most detested / loved politician ever in the U.K. depending on your politics, but I've no love for any of her successors and their grubby goings on.
You can log onto an Anarchist site (the Class War group)that is advocating a huge party in Trafalgar Square the Saturday after she goes to try and privatise Hell. Think there'll be a few there.....
Any other memories / nightmares?
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:37 pm 
Post subject:

I do agree that she was an evil old cow, who will no doubt try to privatise hell when she gets there. However, and I never ever thought I'd say this, I'd prefer her to any of todays spineless, hapless wasters that we laughably call MPs.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:00 pm 
Post subject:

In fairness (!!!) it's really hard to remember a Government that served this country well - at least since the Second World War..
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:51 pm 
Post subject: politics

Try the first government (Labour) after WW2 when the Welfare State came into being.
grimsbybarralad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:28 pm 
Post subject: Re: politics

Auchinleckian wrote:
Try the first government (Labour) after WW2 when the Welfare State came into being.

Amen to that!
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:35 pm 
Post subject: Re: politics

grimsbybarralad wrote:
Auchinleckian wrote:

Amen to that!

Mea culpa! Correct.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: