Football Programmes Centre

Clubs that stock back issues of reserves programmes?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Clubs that stock back issues of reserves programmes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldbolt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:59 pm 
Post subject: Clubs that stock back issues of reserves programmes?

I collect Bolton reserves and although i don't attend many matches collecting the 20p programmes is easy enough because the club stock current season programmes at the Reebok.
From what i've seen of several other clubs though,it must be harder for fans of other clubs to collect their reserve programmes.
Last season i went to club shops at Oldham,Preston,Stockport,Man Utd and Bury where there was no stock of reserves.The only club i managed to get some from was Blackpool.Wigan didn't even have a club shop let alone a stock of programmes.

I'd be interested to know which clubs stock back issues of reserves programmes for fans to go and buy/pick up.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:06 am 
Post subject:

The only ones we have in stock at Rovers are the odd ones we find in donations that people give us every now and then. But they are few and far between.
We don't bother as people just about never seem to want them.
Catch 22, People don't ask for them so we don't stock them.
We don't stock them so people don't ask for them.

Jamie.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
grimsbybarralad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:29 am 
Post subject: Re: Clubs that stock back issues of reserves programmes?

oldbolt wrote:
I collect Bolton reserves and although i don't attend many matches collecting the 20p programmes is easy enough because the club stock current season programmes at the Reebok.
From what i've seen of several other clubs though,it must be harder for fans of other clubs to collect their reserve programmes.
Last season i went to club shops at Oldham,Preston,Stockport,Man Utd and Bury where there was no stock of reserves.The only club i managed to get some from was Blackpool.Wigan didn't even have a club shop let alone a stock of programmes.

I'd be interested to know which clubs stock back issues of reserves programmes for fans to go and buy/pick up.

Grimsby don't do programmes for reserve games. I have seen the odd b/w photocopied team sheet lately but as entry is free and crowds still only amount to 10's looks like the club have deemed there is no market. Also a lot of our reserve matches are used as trials for potential stars of the future who come at very short notice so I'm not sure Mike Newell even knows who's playing until 10 minutes before kick off.
foxes1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:32 am 
Post subject:

Leicester City dont stock back issues of reserves, think we stopped producing them for reserves matches and just did team sheets in the end.
Problem is nowadays a lot of clubs play reserve team matches at local non-lge grounds, we have played at Hinckley, Rushden and Diamonds and I also think we have played at Kettering.
Senior82

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:03 am 
Post subject:

At Wednesday it's just a black and white team sheet

Back in the 80's/90's it was a double sided A4 sheet that was designed to be folded in half, they were much better! Also remember when our reserves won the league in 1991 they produced a special programme for it
Geddon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:27 am 
Post subject:

We only produce b&w team sheets for our reserve games now as well. Crowds are usually about 100 so there's not too many around. Have never seen any in the club shop either.
badhand

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:46 pm 
Post subject:

pastpirate wrote:
The only ones we have in stock at Rovers are the odd ones we find in donations that people give us every now and then. But they are few and far between.

Jamie.

I'm interested in Brstol Rovers reserve programmes!

In the mid-80's, I went to the Rovers office, then at Hambrook, and asked about Rovers reserve programmes. There were a lot of reserve team sheets in a box which were being used for scrap paper by the office staff. They told me to help myself. I acquired about 20 by this method. Wink
CTFC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:29 pm 
Post subject:

At Cheltenham we dont sell any programmes at all at the club shop even hard to get any current season from there. Think they stopped selling old programmes about 5 or 6 years ago which is a shame as its there that I started my programme collecting bug.

Now the club just stock clothing and not much else. Possibly the worst club shop in the League.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:32 pm 
Post subject:

badhand wrote:
pastpirate wrote:

Jamie.

In the mid-80's, I went to the Rovers office, then at Hambrook, and asked about Rovers reserve programmes. There were a lot of reserve team sheets in a box which were being used for scrap paper by the office staff. They told me to help myself. I acquired about 20 by this method. Wink

Will try to remember that and give you a shout if I come across any.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
badhand

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:49 pm 
Post subject:

pastpirate wrote:
badhand wrote:
pastpirate wrote:

Jamie.

Will try to remember that and give you a shout if I come across any.

Thanks. Collecting reserve programmes is madness, really. There is little hope of getting a full set. I just pick up odd programmes from time to time. I've probably got about 100, if that!
oldbolt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:59 pm 
Post subject:

badhand wrote:

Thanks. Collecting reserve programmes is madness, really. There is little hope of getting a full set. I just pick up odd programmes from time to time. I've probably got about 100, if that!

I've got all Bolton's homes for the last 6 seasons,and started to collect the aways 2 seasons ago.In the 2 seasons i'm missing one from 2007/08 (Wigan ) and one from last season (Bury in a local competition called the Manchester Senior Cup)
The annoying thing about the Wigan one is that i was planning on going to the match but had to cancel at the last minute.
The ten other teams in the Premier League North Reserve league all produced single sheets last season,the best one of those is probably Man Utd which is in colour and has fixtures/tables on the back.
On top of those there was a colour teamsheet at Morecambe (Lancs Cup) and one at Man Utd in the Manchester Cup.
So of 13 aways ,i just need Bury from last season,and i have been promised one off someone.
It can be quite unpredictable collecting the reserves.One afternoon in Autumn i went up to Boundary Park intending to watch an Oldham v Bolton Manchester Cup tie,the match was postponed due to heavy rain (no programme) and was eventually played as a Bolton home fixture later in the season.The season before Stockport issued nothing for an MSC tie but Bolton issued a teamsheet covering the match the day after.
You need to keep checking the internet and ringing clubs up about teamsheets but it's satisfying if you can end a season with near enough a full set.
CarlisleUtdMem

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:44 pm 
Post subject:

Carlisle United might be able to print some out for you if you contact them. I collect CUFC reserves and away from home I've only got missing the games at Blackpool who simply refuse to reply despite various emails and SAE sent.

If you have any Blackpool v Carlisle let me know!
paulo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:49 pm 
Post subject:

CarlisleUtdMem wrote:
Carlisle United might be able to print some out for you if you contact them. I collect CUFC reserves and away from home I've only got missing the games at Blackpool who simply refuse to reply despite various emails and SAE sent.

Blackpool ticket office were one the most helpful a couple of years ago. I often email for a ticket stub if I cant get to a game. Until last season I had been very sucessful with stubs coming more often than not and Blackpool were always one of the clubs that sent me one. Last season, not a single club bothered to reply.
oldbolt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:05 pm 
Post subject:

CarlisleUtdMem wrote:

I've got a Blackpool v Carlisle res teamsheet from 2006/07.
Black and white teamsheet date 4/10/06.VG condition.A Pontins League Division One (West) match

Happy to exchange for any Carlisle res home in vg condition if you want it.
CarlisleUtdMem

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:58 pm 
Post subject:

oldbolt wrote:
CarlisleUtdMem wrote:

I've got a Blackpool v Carlisle res teamsheet from 2006/07.
Black and white teamsheet date 4/10/06.VG condition.A Pontins League Division One (West) match

Happy to exchange for any Carlisle res home in vg condition if you want it.

Typical! It's the only one I have....I just need 07/8 and 08/9! Thanks anyway.
lambie the leap

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:49 pm 
Post subject:

This is a subject close to my heart! As I only need 5 Burnley 1st programmes since the War, my main collecting is Reserve programmes since 1960. Burnley played in the Central League until 1986 then had a 2 year break before rejoining. The League has had some different names since, firstly Pontin's and last year totesport.com. As someone has said it's an impossible task to collect them all but I usually manage to pick up a couple a month, even though Burnley Reserves go for silly prices - there is a 76/7 away at Man Utd currently on eBay and not even in good nick it's standing at almost 60 quid!!

We play our home games at Accrington Stanley, which is good for me as it's 5 minutes walk away so getting homes isn't too much of a problem, though we are notorious for not printing many copies. As for the aways, if I'm not going I write to the home club with some money and an s.a.e and most of them respond. I have had excellent service from Morecambe & Tranmere in particular but have had problems with Blackpool in the past though not last season. In fact the only club who failed to reply was the only Premier League club in the division, Manchester City, but I managed to obtain one on eBay.

Next season Burnley will play in the FA Premier Reserve League so fingers crossed for better service than I got from City! If anyone has any spare Burnley reserve progs from 1960 to 1986 please let me know! - and I also need a few from 2003 - 2006.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:08 pm 
Post subject:

I've got about 60 Everton reserves but it is a thankless task to try to collect them all - so not worth the light: nice to have more than must have!

I guess I've got around 300 Everton (and Everton related) progs you would consider non 1st class (home or away) or non Everton at Goodison.
speedykev

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:12 pm 
Post subject:

At Peterborough reserve matches are played at London Road and colour team sheets are issued upon entrance to the ground (which is free to season ticket holders). Crowds are usually approximately 100 and i have not seen any reserve colour team sheets sold in the club shop.
rokerprogz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:37 pm 
Post subject:

At Sunderland the Supporter's Association shop keep them in but the club don't.
Pagiemcfc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:29 pm 
Post subject:

I Have Every Manchester City H/A Reserve Prog/Teamsheet for the last 2 seasons and many from seasons before that but not full seasons, I Tend to go to about 90% of the reserve games Home & Away but 99% of the time it is just a B/W Sheet given out at the Turnstile.
However the morning after any reserve game i email the respected club and ask for an emailed copy as 99% of the time they are typed up on a word document so easy to email and can be printed in colour and other times they come back asking for my address and post one out the only Clubs Last season which didn't reply to my emails were Accrington Stanley, Portsmouth (FA Youth Cup Game) all the rest either posted or emailed me a teamsheet from the game, Manchester Utd could be quite hard if your not local as well as i either get these from the game or last season as City were Playing at home in Europe the same night as United played City Reserves at Altrincham so i phoned altrincham up the morning of the game and they saved me one which i went and collected the next day as it is 5 mins Drive for me Smile
if anyone would like colour reserve teamsheets emailing from any Manchester City Game last season i have the following available that can be emailed and then you just need to print them on a colour printer
99% Homes
Away Rochdale, Carlisle, Blackpool, Middlesbrough b/w, Liverpool, Newcastle (PDF), Preston b/w, Sheff United (U18)
please send me your email address and reserve teamsheet requested and i will forward them to you
Cheers
Darren
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: