Football Programmes Centre

Away Away
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Away Away

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:55 pm 
Post subject: Away Away

Does anyone on here do away games - in the sense of watching their team away from home frequently?

Perhaps any PL (or I suppose Cup) game at Goodison you might want to meet up. Same obviously applies at any level between 2 members! So, essentially, is anyone planning a meet-up now the fixtures are out!?

I was thinking of doing a handful of Everton aways - perhaps in the North Lancs region and an odd one in London/Midlands!
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:15 pm 
Post subject:

I definately want to do a few North West away games ones this year Dan, hopefully Burnley more than most if I can!

Possibly a few away in the Midlands too like Aston Villa, Birmingham, Wolves, Stoke.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:31 pm 
Post subject: AWAY AWAY.

Wigan Athletic v WOLVES, Tues 18th Aug,Will defo be at this fixture with my youngest,almost on my door step.
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:33 pm 
Post subject:

Phil, didn't you say you could get us into the Wolves v Everton game? Wink
grimsbybarralad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:04 pm 
Post subject:

I will be going to most Grimsby away games health permitting. We are away at Tranmere in the Mickey Mouse Cup on August 11th. Got to wait until the last match of the season to visit Burton Albion though.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:12 pm 
Post subject:

Barrett wrote:
Phil, didn't you say you could get us into the Wolves v Everton game? Wink
No,Check out Photos of you at the Ground.
Geddon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:08 pm 
Post subject:

Should be going to the vast majority of our away games again this season.

If anyone would like me to pick up a programme from the games just ask and I'm sure I'll be able to help out.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:29 am 
Post subject:

grimsbybarralad wrote:
I will be going to most Grimsby away games health permitting. We are away at Tranmere in the Mickey Mouse Cup on August 11th. Got to wait until the last match of the season to visit Burton Albion though.

Depending on what day of the week this game falls I might tootle along (if I fancy spending the day over there with the family - if it's a Tuesday all the better!).
foxes1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:42 am 
Post subject:

Will be going to our games at Swansea, Cardiff and Doncaster, hopefully some of the local derbies (We seem to have enough of them this season), should be easier for us to get away tickets this season, especially after some of the low allocations for last season.
anfieldpurch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:14 pm 
Post subject:

I am interested in going to these away games but unsure of getting tickets as i have 0 credits so chances are ill only be able to get 1 ticket for Wigan. Normally Blackburn would but the away but ive noticed that the away end is now a season ticket end so not sure what allocation we will get.

Id like to go to these away games but tickets will be hard
15 August Spurs
3 October Chelsea
31 October Fulham
28 November Everton
5 December Blackburn
26 January Wolves
9 February Arsenal
20 February Man City
6 March Wigan
20 March Man United
24 April Burnley
9 May Hull

Chances are i wont get to any of these but hopefully can get to some
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
coolascustard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:49 pm 
Post subject:

As Ive mentioned a couple of times not missed a derby county match for 4 seasons home or away,but as the credit crunch bites I dont think I will be going to many away matches next season.
Two deffos though are Peterboro and Cardiff as I need these grounds seeing as Cardiff is new,any others I manage I will post up to see if a member wants to say hello.
But whoever arranges these fixtures has know consideration for fans we will play Plymouth away on a tuesday night.That will mean getting back to Derby at 5am the following morning.
paulo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:44 pm 
Post subject:

Since 1997 I have hardly missed a Norwich game home and away. However this season I will have to miss a few as my partner is having our first baby on August 22.

What a year to do it, Norwich in League One and me needing 9 grounds this season (normally I get 3 new ones at best!).

The first two aways (when baby is due) are Exeter and Hartlepool!
Both grounds I have not done! Crying or Very sad
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:18 pm 
Post subject:

paulo wrote:

Unlucky Paulo.
Much as it will be a shame if you can't make those grounds that little baby arriving will be a great compensation.
Nothing beats it, believe me.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
grimsbybarralad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:53 pm 
Post subject:

paulo wrote:
Since 1997 I have hardly missed a Norwich game home and away. However this season I will have to miss a few as my partner is having our first baby on August 22.

What a year to do it, Norwich in League One and me needing 9 grounds this season (normally I get 3 new ones at best!).

At least you are in a different league. No disprespect to any of their fans who might post on here but there are only so many times you can go to Gigg Lane or Spotland!
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:13 am 
Post subject: meeting up

Nobody doing a pilgrimage to Scotland then to see the mighty Auchinleck Talbot in their Centenary season? By virtue of winning the Scottish Junior Cup this year, we will now be playing in the Scottish Cup this year with the big boys. First round games are scheduled for September 26th, with draw taking place late August. Whoever we get, it will be the biggest ever game in the clubs long history, and a FANtastic day out. Don't know if I'll be able to keep sane until then!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grimsbybarralad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:10 pm 
Post subject: Re: meeting up

Auchinleckian wrote:
Nobody doing a pilgrimage to Scotland then to see the mighty Auchinleck Talbot in their Centenary season? By virtue of winning the Scottish Junior Cup this year, we will now be playing in the Scottish Cup this year with the big boys. First round games are scheduled for September 26th, with draw taking place late August. Whoever we get, it will be the biggest ever game in the clubs long history, and a FANtastic day out. Don't know if I'll be able to keep sane until then!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let us know when and where. I can feel a pilgrimage coming on if Town are away.....
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: