Football Programmes Centre

Eve of Final Rally Programmes
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Eve of Final Rally Programmes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustGills22

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:56 pm 
Post subject: Eve of Final Rally Programmes

Hi there,

As an FA Cup Final collector, I also collect these programmes from the Referees Rally the night before the Final.

I've had some kind assistance on here before, so thought I'd chance my luck again to see if anyone can help Smile

I'm after the 1974 programme, four from the 60's and seven from the 50's and pretty much any earlier than that!

Any help or advice from anyone would be appreciated.

Many thanks
banleystowles

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:39 pm 
Post subject:

Hello justgills, forgive me for being ignorant but what is the referees rally? regards
JustGills22

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:47 pm 
Post subject:

Hi there,

Im not 100% sure when the Eve of Final Rally's first started (maybe someone with the knowledge can advise) but they've certainly been held annually since before the 2nd world war.

They are held the night before the FA Cup Final in central London (or Cardiff during the non Wembley years) and the honoured guests are the following day's officials.

Back in the day they used to be a massive event with hundreds and hundreds of officials traveling from all the associations across the country for the evening and the night included a meal and plenty of entertainment.

Nowadays it is still attended by 150/200 officials & guests and is a little more low-key with just a few speeches and a guest speaker, who this year was David Davies.

A programme is always produced and sometimes are signed by the ref and linesman so its starting to become a nice collectable.

Hope that helps anyway.

Kind regards

Justin
banleystowles

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:02 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Justin, yes that helps. Judging by this season's premier refs performances I think I better stay well away from an event like that Mad
mark01

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:50 pm 
Post subject:

Who pays the bill for this party?
bazzad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:57 pm 
Post subject:

Hi all,

I collect Eve of the Final Rally programmes and have a fair few to exchange. Years I'm after are mainly pre-1970 so shall be pleased to hear from anyone who has any for sale or exchange.
[email protected]
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:13 am 
Post subject:

bazzad wrote:
Hi all,

I collect Eve of the Final Rally programmes and have a fair few to exchange. Years I'm after are mainly pre-1970 so shall be pleased to hear from anyone who has any for sale or exchange.

Hi Barry

As you are aware i have a spare 1948 Eve of the Final as i have mentioned before, but will exchange for something from that period re MU, but also are you aware that Mr.J.Barrack who was the ref for the 1948 Final had his own Dinner after the Final in Northampton where he hailed from?. I do not know if this was customary back then or even before the War?, anyway here are a few images.....

https://flic.kr/p/6jHcKt
https://flic.kr/p/6jMovQ

This could not ever happen today when the Cup Final Ref went to the after match Dinner for the Winners! https://flic.kr/p/6jFkjn

https://flic.kr/p/5GRXny No rust on this one due to different paper used compared to the regular one that was sold to the supporters

https://flic.kr/p/6jMoZ7

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
davescottuk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:03 am 
Post subject: Eve of the Final Rally Programme 1972

Hi all, I'm desperately trying to find a copy of the Eve of the Final Rally Programme from 1972 to purchase which was held for the first and only time at the Royal Albert Hall.

This programme has a photograph of my great uncle John Bell who was a linesman for Newcastle United in it.

If someone has a copy for sale I'd be very appreciative.

Cheers,

Dave.
[email protected]
bazzad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:36 pm 
Post subject: Re: Eve of the Final Rally Programme 1972

davescottuk wrote:
Hi all, I'm desperately trying to find a copy of the Eve of the Final Rally Programme from 1972 to purchase which was held for the first and only time at the Royal Albert Hall.

This programme has a photograph of my great uncle John Bell who was a linesman for Newcastle United in it.

If someone has a copy for sale I'd be very appreciative.

Cheers,

Dave.
[email protected]

Hi Dave,
I'm pretty sure I have one. I'll check in my shop tomorrow (closed at present due to coronavirus regulations).
Barry
[email protected]
davescottuk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:00 am 
Post subject:

Great - thanks for looking. Let me know if you find a copy.
goonerboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:59 pm 
Post subject:

If anyone has a 1971 rally programme for sale then please PM me
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: