Football Programmes Centre

It looks like it may be 'WOY'
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
It looks like it may be 'WOY'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxes1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:05 pm 
Post subject: It looks like it may be 'WOY'

So looks most likely that Roy Hodgson will be getting the England job, how long will he be given, not long once the tabloid writers get their claws into him. They are already saying the players / fans wanted Redknapp well I for one didn't after all what has he ever won as a manager not a lot.
There was a message on twitter from Stefan Henchoz who said Hodgson is good at moulding a bunch of average players into a team, so he should suit England then.
flashhat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:00 pm 
Post subject: Re: It looks like it may be 'WOY'

foxes1 wrote:
There was a message on twitter from Stefan Henchoz who said Hodgson is good at moulding a bunch of average players into a team, so he should suit England then.

So what happened at Liverpool then?

My football memorabilia: https://www.flickr.com/photos/192140619@N08/albums

Non-league photographer https://www.flickr.com/photos/143473465@N03/albums

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:42 pm 
Post subject:

Well Roy's had a lot of jobs and been sacked before, at liverpool ? well just look what King Kenny has been able to do in the league with an additional £120m spent. I don't really think judging RH only on his time there is fair.

As the was only two runners in the race, I would rather have him then brown envelope Harry. I get sick of his lovefeast with the media as it is. What has he ever done ? he's taken megga bucks Spurs to where RH took Fulham on a shoestring. Left a real legacy at all his other clubs too, they nearly all went out of business and all got relegated soon after he left. No for me he's no where near good enough.

The positives with RH is you know he has the ability to get us back to playing english football. and he won't take any shit form the players. He won't do anything quickly and he'll sort the defense out. I've not seen any of his past players not praise him even before this.

I can compare it to a few Albion manager apointments - Megson, Robson, RDM all not great managers and some would say poor but all at success at the Albion because they were the right person at the right time. I think that applies to Roy and I wish him every success.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:46 pm 
Post subject: england

I wish they'd given it to Alex McCleish Very Happy Very Happy
atletico

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:54 pm 
Post subject: Re: england

Auchinleckian wrote:

Clap me too ! Laughing
ffc71

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:54 pm 
Post subject: Re: It looks like it may be 'WOY'

flashhat wrote:
foxes1 wrote:

So what happened at Liverpool then?
Roy never stood a chance at liverpool,the fans didn't want him,nor a fair few of the players.Given the money that king kenny has wasted you dont hear him getting hounded like roy did.ok he did make a couple of bad signings but 35 million for carroll come on!!
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:58 pm 
Post subject: Re: england

Auchinleckian wrote:

At the Albion v Villa game on the weekend the was a massive banner saying "Alex Please Stay" - It was in the Albion end Smile
Drvonshineck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:02 pm 
Post subject:

I can honestly said as a Scot is I'm shiteing myself about Euro 2012 if Hogdson becomes manager of England.

He is a fantastic manager, but I already fear that the press are going to lower themselves to the same old shite and try and disgrace a man who has acted with the upmost dignity in everything he has done so far.

Roy don't do it.
ashburton-grove

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:11 pm 
Post subject:

I'd just like to thank the FA for completely f*kin up Spurs season.
And then NOT picking Hairy Kneecap!
Much appreciated. Very Happy
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:17 pm 
Post subject:

Drvonshineck wrote:
I can honestly said as a Scot is I'm shiteing myself about Euro 2012 if Hogdson becomes manager of England.

He is a fantastic manager, but I already fear that the press are going to lower themselves to the same old shite and try and disgrace a man who has acted with the upmost dignity in everything he has done so far.

Roy don't do it.

Same here, I fear for the man more then the team. I lived though what the press did to Robson. A man of similar integrity. I wouldn't say RH is a great manager but he's better then any foreigners we've had and for me better suited to the job then any other Englishman at the moment.

He's not good for the press or TV, some might say boring even so the'll be trying to create a situation and they'll pick up on any mistakes.
Senior82

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:28 am 
Post subject:

I like Woy. Nice bloke.

But if it's true about a four year contract...jeez. Those old duffers at the FA never learn do they, they'll want to sack him after we crash out in the group stage in Ukraine.
ffc71

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:01 pm 
Post subject:

Lets look at the facts,roy works wonders with mediocre teams as any fulham fan will testify.England at best are average so sir roy might jusy work his magic on those egotistical over paid tossers!!
WileBrownAstle

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:18 pm 
Post subject:

Good luck Roy, lets not judge before he has'nt managed a game.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: