Football Programmes Centre

How I store my collection
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How I store my collection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:46 pm 
Post subject:

Deniro wrote:
Thanks Leslie. That looks great. Are those SECOL pockets quite durable? They seem, on the basis of your pics, quite strong.

The best money can buy and you can buy the secol strips which you cut up and then your items will NEVER move around. 25 strips that will cut up into say 20-30 pieces per stip cost around £8, the acid free pockets are A4 or A4 with 2 pockets or A4 with 4 pockets for tickets around 50-60p each-museum quality.

Just go to their site and they have a price list and you can buy on line.

For me there is no other way and the coloured binders are from Staples , they used to be 6.99 each but now double BUT you can get a ton of stuff in them ans they are flexible and the spine will take up to 4" thick which is a lot of pockets and items, also and most importantly teach sleeve has a sealing flap at the top to "lock in" you programmes or photos or anything else you wish to place inside.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Deniro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:54 pm 
Post subject:

Great info, Leslie. Thanks. For tickets i use the Lindner uniplate. They are excellent quality. Using a typical 80mm ergogrip binder, the ones you have, how many current season would you get in on average? Thanks for your help.
Goalsandwickets

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:26 am 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
For anyone who is interested in storage of programmes or generally go to this image then look at all the other ones in this set or catergory, i posted this on this site a year or so ago but here is a bit more information if anyone missed it.

If anyone has anything they made wish to ask just send me an email to [email protected] or a PM-ok

http://flic.kr/p/4gcBRo
http://flic.kr/p/a6ysSi
http://flic.kr/p/a6yxcF
http://flic.kr/p/a6BmvC

Leslie Millman is manchesterunitedman1 Wave

Amazing collection, Leslie. Truly a shrine to the Red Devils.
Ugarte5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:25 pm 
Post subject:

I can also recommend the binders from http://www.programmebinders.co.uk/ for modern day issues. Matt also sells acid free bags etc.

Service is fantastic and always arrives quickly having been very well packed.

They don't look too bad either Smile

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:52 pm 
Post subject:

Deniro wrote:
Great info, Leslie. Thanks. For tickets i use the Lindner uniplate. They are excellent quality. Using a typical 80mm ergogrip binder, the ones you have, how many current season would you get in on average? Thanks for your help.

I can get all 19 PL programmes no probs, but i do not keep the Champions League or the FA Cup or the League Cup games all in the same folder as i have them in folders that are just for those other competitions as in the case of some seasons you can have 6 Champs League plus 2-3 FA Cup and one to two others and that is far to many and will simply not fit. I have the homes separate to the aways I might add!.
For some time now i have been buying these clear plastic boxes with extra height wich hold "19 Litres" although it is a volumatic term no one is ever goining to fill them with liquids!, well i have been able to get every game in all competitions in these quality boxes[Staples again] and for around £10 when on offer of i think they are £15 each usually they measure 15 x 13 x 10" Hope any of this assists anyone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:00 pm 
Post subject: FOOTBALL IS SUCH A BUSINESS THESE DAYS-NO ONE CARES ANYMORE

Rummaging through some odds and ends the other day I came upon this Manchester United single sheet programme from 1967-1968 for a match between United and City Youth teams which was arranged by both clubs at the time in September to stage a game with the proceeds to go to the Manchester & District Federation of Boy's Clubs, wouldn't happen today!

http://flic.kr/p/e4cbLe
http://flic.kr/p/e4hN2W

United won the European Cup and City the First Division in 1968-great times in Manchester to be a supporter back then[and now of course].

Leslie Millman is manchesterunitedman1 Wave

put this post in the wrong catergory-never mind! senior moment.
mr benn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:59 pm 
Post subject:

Deniro wrote:
Thanks Leslie. That looks great. Are those SECOL pockets quite durable? They seem, on the basis of your pics, quite strong.

The best money can buy and you can buy the secol strips which you cut up and then your items will NEVER move around. 25 strips that will cut up into say 20-30 pieces per stip cost around £8, the acid free pockets are A4 or A4 with 2 pockets or A4 with 4 pockets for tickets around 50-60p each-museum quality.

For me there is no other way and the coloured binders are from Staples , they used to be 6.99 each but now double BUT you can get a ton of stuff in them ans they are flexible and the spine will take up to 4" thick which is a lot of pockets and items, also and most importantly teach sleeve has a sealing flap at the top to "lock in" you programmes or photos or anything else you wish to place inside.

Wish id seen this before I bought an album for some of my programs from WHSmith. as the spine isnt that thick, though the cover is very good and hard, and nice sleeves.
I will have a look for the binders in my Staples - do they come with the sealable pockets or are they seperate ?

Ive just looked on the Secol website but cant see the 4 pockets you mention - maybe Im just blinded by choice on there
tackler7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:24 pm 
Post subject:

I wish you hadn't mentioned the SECOL website....I could spend a fortune on what I am seeing on there!

I store my collection in a very similar way to Leslie and it works for me - the Staples boxes are very stackable and come in a variety of sizes too.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:12 am 
Post subject:

mr benn wrote:
Deniro wrote:

Wish id seen this before I bought an album for some of my programs from WHSmith. as the spine isnt that thick, though the cover is very good and hard, and nice sleeves.
I will have a look for the binders in my Staples - do they come with the sealable pockets or are they seperate ?

Ive just looked on the Secol website but cant see the 4 pockets you mention - maybe Im just blinded by choice on there

Staples only sell the binders unless you want the standard size pockets that are usless. The Secol website offers the 4 types of A4 acid free pocket you need the "AS" range with sealable top and each type costs £24.35 per pack of 50 plus postage-best sleeves money can buy.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:16 am 
Post subject:

tackler7 wrote:
I wish you hadn't mentioned the SECOL website....I could spend a fortune on what I am seeing on there!

I store my collection in a very similar way to Leslie and it works for me - the Staples boxes are very stackable and come in a variety of sizes too.

I only use these boxes for the modern issues because in a season there is so much of it, plus newspaperss and other odds and ends, but the secret is getting the 19 Litre model with the extra height not the standard height. Hope this helps.
Eck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:20 am 
Post subject:

I'm having a nightmare at the moment. Apart from my 1500 Rangers programmes I have about 250 Rangers doubles about 150 cup finals 400 English league 200 Scottish league and about 100 internationals and i'm in a one bedroom flat.
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:33 am 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
I'm having a nightmare at the moment. Apart from my 1500 Rangers programmes I have about 250 Rangers doubles about 150 cup finals 400 English league 200 Scottish league and about 100 internationals and i'm in a one bedroom flat.

Have you ever considered shelving, Eck?
I have that up in both bedrooms of my flat and it does help.

My biggest taker up of space is the 2,900 "one per club" non-league collection but I got some good solid storage containers at B&Q last week which are the perfect size. They have an offer on just now (6 for the price of 4).

Anyway, just a thought.
Eck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:15 am 
Post subject:

I have considered shelving but it is a big weight to put on shelves. I like easy access to all my Rangers stuff. I keep threatening to offload the non-Rangers items and doubles but i'll eventually get round to it until then I think the storage cases is the answer.
mr benn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:20 am 
Post subject:

Eck - sell all the progs you dont need and buy a house Very Happy
Eck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:21 am 
Post subject:

mr benn wrote:
Eck - sell all the progs you dont need and buy a house Very Happy

Then i'll have room for the programmes i've just sold. Laughing
kpswannie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:26 pm 
Post subject:

Ugarte5 wrote:
I can also recommend the binders from http://www.programmebinders.co.uk/ for modern day issues. Matt also sells acid free bags etc.

Service is fantastic and always arrives quickly having been very well packed.

They don't look too bad either Smile

This looks absolutely fantasic , I have been looking for a way to store my more modern programmes , this is perfect Easy
Thanks for sharing Very Happy
PABLO76

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:00 am 
Post subject:

Finally finished re-cataloguing my Man Utd programmes, now to sell on all the spares.

4600 different progammes, from 1946 to present season, haven't started on the hundreds of tickets yet, let alone books, magazines and god knows what else!

If you are looking for anything Utd related, ask me, I might have it.

MINSTERMAN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:16 am 
Post subject:

Top set-up !

Nuff respect etc

Thumbs Up
nozer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:29 am 
Post subject: sorted.

Great collection Minster ,well sorted ,
Respect from me also.
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:05 am 
Post subject:

Superb Pablo i'm impressed. Bow
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: