Football Programmes Centre

How I store my collection
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How I store my collection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eck

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:54 pm 
Post subject:

I have finally got my puny Rangers collection of 637 under control.
A cheap temporary measure.
nozer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:06 pm 
Post subject: collection

Nice.
Blackjack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:57 pm 
Post subject:

Nice set up Eck. Can't wait for my garage to be converted. The wife is shelling out about £2000 and my daughters boyfriend is doing the work, I'm not lazy just busy at work honest!!! So I'm like a dog with 2 dicks at the moment, take me a while to sort out but gets me out of the wifes hair I suppose. I'll try and get sum pics posted when its done and nice work again Eck Bow Bow
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:21 am 
Post subject:

Thanks to you both. We are in a one bedroom flat but my wife is remarkably tolerant of my hobby and the state of the place at times because apart from the 600+ Rangers programmes I have well over 100 duplicate Rangers programmes, over 50 international, more than 50 other Scottish,about 100 cup finals and more than 150 other English. I went a bit mad at first,i'm going to have to shift some of them eventually.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:35 pm 
Post subject: how i store my collection

I have written in the past on a thread about this so to save me triapsing back thru it all again i had hoped by putting a few pictures on it will give you some idea, but there seems to be a problem uploading-whether it is my set up or it affects everyone else i do not know so rather than waste anymore time[25 mins fiddling about] i am sending you a link to my flickr site and you can view all the images under the "MY SHOWCASE" catergory heading. Just click on any images you want to see in a larger format.

I have a 3 storey townhouse with all the walls covered with posters and framed newspapers dating bacck to the turn of the last century with cup finals headlines, promotions, relegations and cup winning times but i keep all the programmes and other items in a room altogether with display cases and cabinets that i can change to suit myself. Since i took the photos on flickr i have changed the displays a few times and moved items around-but you get the gist of it.

Leslie Millman-manchesterunitedman1 Wave
www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Eck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:09 am 
Post subject:

Impressive. Bow
Blackjack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:55 pm 
Post subject:

Hi guys, just had my half my garage converted into my Swansea room ( wife was getting annoyed with programmes around the house, so she went halves with me to get it done!!!! )

I haven't got half as much as a lot of guys on the forum but I love what I got and get a lot of enjoyment in finding more on a limited budget. Hope you like it and if any of you are down Haverfordwest way give me a shout and pop in for a brew.

clsyorkshire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:25 pm 
Post subject:

Looking good.. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:26 pm 
Post subject: how do you stor thine.

Looks realy great there,i guess you are saving that vacant wall space for a nice photo of your team with the Football League Cup ?.
Blackjack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:12 pm 
Post subject:

No, I'm putting a rail up for my 20 odd Swansea shirts, however . . . Sherlock

Just got to win it know we've done the hard work, Bradford are doing really well. There's room for some Cup Final stuff around though I'm sure !!!!!
mr benn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:57 am 
Post subject:

Guys, what are your thoughts on the binders that have thin steel rods to insert the programmes into ? I have seen one for sale that has these, and cant decide wether its good - i have a fear of the rods rusting and marking the programmes.

Most of my programmes I have in plastic wallets , or in official club folders where they just sit in a box type holder.
nozer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:19 am 
Post subject: Storage.

Was not aware that thay still produced the binders with the rods in,Wolves were doing these in the early 70s but i never purchased any because like you i was afraid of the dreaded rusting .....anyone aware if those Wolves binders did rust up ?.
mr benn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:32 am 
Post subject:

The binder isnt new - it is one for the 80's I think.

I like the binder cover as it has 'Wembley' embossed on it , so thought I could store some of my Cup Finals in it.
tackler7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:37 pm 
Post subject:

mr benn wrote:
Guys, what are your thoughts on the binders that have thin steel rods to insert the programmes into ? I have seen one for sale that has these, and cant decide wether its good - i have a fear of the rods rusting and marking the programmes.

Most of my programmes I have in plastic wallets , or in official club folders where they just sit in a box type holder.

A blast from the past...forgot these existed!
I once used them but found that the programme 'hung' at the wrong angle with opportunity for creases and them falling out.

I much prefer to store them in acid free bags with a box within a cupboard (just covering all my bases!)
PABLO76

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:40 pm 
Post subject:

Having spent the last few weeks re-cataloguing my entire collection, whilst counting and trying to value them at the same time, I have noticed that even the ones in binders, and the A4 ones in box folders, are starting to bend, or taper....not sure thats the right word, basically they are looking like they need to be stored flat!

Does anyone else encounter this problem, and if so what recommendations to stop it?

I am currently upto around 4500 programmes, being stored in a mixture of around 150 binders. I really dont want to start storing them differently but the re is a concern appearing. Cheers for any advice.
Deniro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:50 pm 
Post subject:

I was sorting my man city aways tonight and coincidentally noticed the same problem as Pablo. I had these in a four ring A4 binder and some are showing mild centre creasing. Bit flummoxed by it. I think storing flat might be best.
PABLO76

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:51 pm 
Post subject:

Deniro wrote:
I was sorting my man city aways tonight and coincidentally noticed the same problem as Pablo. I had these in a four ring A4 binder and some are showing mild centre creasing. Bit flummoxed by it. I think storing flat might be best.

Ugh, that will look terrible if I have to do that, there must be another way!
Deniro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:08 pm 
Post subject:

I know. Maybe use board backing to keep them straight. I am running out of space and have storage problems. Any good storage advice welcome. I currently use 4 ring binders for current season with a divider card for each pocket to enable two progs to be inserted.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:33 pm 
Post subject:

For anyone who is interested in storage of programmes or generally go to this image then look at all the other ones in this set or catergory, i posted this on this site a year or so ago but here is a bit more information if anyone missed it.

If anyone has anything they may wish to ask just send me an email to [email protected] or a PM-ok

http://flic.kr/p/4gcBRo
http://flic.kr/p/a6ysSi
http://flic.kr/p/a6yxcF
http://flic.kr/p/a6BmvC

Leslie Millman is manchesterunitedman1 Wave

Last edited by manchesterunitedman1 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Deniro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:38 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Leslie. That looks great. Are those SECOL pockets quite durable? They seem, on the basis of your pics, quite strong.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: