Football Programmes Centre

Tell us about YOUR collection
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tell us about YOUR collection
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> We Need Your Help!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:02 pm 
Post subject:

Recently updated on the site are;

Duncan Jardine (dj0505), Newport County and Wales back to 1945

Graeme (Tynie Topics), Mainly Hearts homes (all seasons) and Scotland aways (post 1970). Also dabble in Scottish Junior issues, Scotland away tickets and Wimbledon (inc AFC).

Thanks very much both and please keep them coming.

Craig
CelticFan1888

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:55 pm 
Post subject:

hi relativley new to site lovin it , sent my profile off to email address in first post thanks
Ann Orack

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:32 pm 
Post subject: My collection

Stats
Name: Chris Edwards
Forum Nickname : Ann Orack
Started Collecting: from birth but seriously from mid 1970’s

About Me
What do you do for a living? Counter of the Beans
Which club do you support and why? Sheffield Wednesday. Grandparents supported them in the 1930’s. Its in the blood. And yes they did throw all the pre war stuff out.
What do you collect? Anything for SWFC and Worksop Town 69/70 and earlier
How did you get into programme collecting?. Don’t know really. Its almost like walking – its just seems the natural thing to do

Your Collection
What was your first football programme? No idea. Possibly a 60/61 Wednesday home from 1 of my first games
What was the last programme you bought? 65/66 Worksop v Skegness and 40/41 Leeds v SWFC
How big is your collection? 5,500 (ish)
How do you store your collection? DJ Bookbinders style books to 03/04 and then in specially made cardboard boxes for the silly recent issues
Whats the oldest programme you own? 1902/03 bound volume of SWFC
What is the rarest item in your collection? Possibly December 61 Burnley postponed. Previously unknown until it was stumbled upon.
Which programme from your club is the rarest and most expensive to obtain? The most emotive is Barcelona away from 1962. Others include Man Utd postponed friendly 51/52 and Chelsea postponed 50/51 because of the collectablity of those 2 clubs.

What is...?
What is your worst buy? Any modern programme
What is your best buy? The last 1
What is the most you have paid for a programme and which one? £1000-. Green Asia Tour programme from 1966
What is the most you have received for a programme and which one? £1000+. Barca away
What is your most prized programme? See Barca, Man Utd and Chelsea above
Whats your biggest regret in collecting? My brother not being alive to enjoy our collection

The Hobby
In you opinion, is the programme collectors communtiy shrinking or growing? Shrinking as far as Wednesday collectors are concerned
What do you enjoy most about the hobby? Helpful fellow collectors that are happy to swap and help people out rather than try to get the maximum price for everything.
Where do you buy most of your programmes from? Ebay

The Future
If money was no object, which programme would you most like to add to your collection? Any of the 7 post war known issues I don’t own.
Would you ever sell your collection? No
How do you wish to develop your collection over the coming years? Continue to add to my reserves. I’m resisting the temptation but tickets maybe next.
surfinjim

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:57 pm 
Post subject:

Really interesting post Chris.

What are the 7 post war you are missing then out of interest?

Jim

Bolder, Blackhall, Williamson, Smith, Pickering, Hornsby, King, Johnson, McCulloch, Mellor, Curran.

Scorers; Mellor, King, Curran, Smith (pen)

GODS EVERY ONE OF THEM!
NICKTHERED

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:13 pm 
Post subject: my collection

HI, Nick from worcester I joined the programme centre on the 4/11/2010 and have been on it every day, it is fantastic!
I am trying to give you my details hope I have done it right?
My name is NICK, nickname NICKTHERED, I am 48 years young, I started collecting in the 70s, I am a chef but have worked in the pub trade for 29 years, I followed Liverpool f.c. for over 30years, I started collecting all clubs programmes but I only collect Liverpool now! I started collecting because a frend of my mum was a ref and gave me some programmes from the games he did, my frist programme was WORCESTER CITY v HEREFORD UTD, the last programme I got was LIVERPOOL v PETERBOROUGH (rumberlows cup), I have over 1500 programmes,and I keep them all in folders, my oldest programme is 1958/59 WORCESTER CITY v LIVERPOOL (f.a.cup), my rarest programme is 1981/82 FAMENCO v LIVERPOOL (world club final), I spent £80 on the 1996 cup final LIVERPOOL v MAN UTD, I spent £30 on 50 liverpool programmes but when they came I had 48 of them! my best buy was a box of 80 mix programmes for £15, I regret not collecting liverpool programmes from the start, I would never sell my programmes!
THANK YOU Easy Thumbs Up Clap NICKTHERED

Last edited by NICKTHERED on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
PABLO76

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:54 pm 
Post subject: Re: My collection

Ann Orack wrote:
Stats
Name: Paul
Forum Nickname : Pablo76
Started Collecting: around 2005/6

About Me
What do you do for a living? Warehouse manager

Which club do you support and why? Manchester United. Season ticket holder for the last 3 years and my 9 year old son comes up with me from Dorset for most games too. My Dad supported United in his youth often making trips up to Old Trafford with a mate and some of the old London reds in the 70s, I also have 2 younger brothers, both Utd.

What do you collect? Utd post war home+away, domestic, cups, european and friendlies, including pirates, neautral games at Old Trafford and match related stuff too.

How did you get into programme collecting?. By accident in truth, was looking through the local free ads paper and saw a collection of fa cup finals for sale £200. went round and the guy had loads of cup finals including european, an extensive 60s and 70s collection of Watford and Arsenal homes, and a few more bits and pieces, think it was 5 big boxes. I kept the few Utd finals that were there and sold the rest on Ebay indivudually for about £700. Afew months later I paid just under £500 for a huge Man Utd collection which makes up a large part of my collection today.

Your Collection
What was your first football programme? 1979 FA Cup Final v Arsenal.

What was the last programme you bought? Man Utd v Leeds 46/47 - £72

How big is your collection? 60/61-present 90-95% complete at a guess, 46/47-59/60 is a relatively new expansion to my collection so only a handful from each season at present, with the exception of 57/58 and 58/59 which I have 20 odd from each season.

How do you store your collection? Official Utd programme binders, red for homes and black for aways all with club badge and season in gold.

Whats the oldest programme you own? Utd v Bolton Xmas eve 1946.

What is the rarest item in your collection? Home to Norwich City 78/79 postponed league match, sells for around the £400 mark, paid 50p for it.

Which programme from your club is the rarest and most expensive to obtain? Hmm, away to Sarajevo I guess, enough said on here about that one. 15k anyone?

What is...?
What is your worst buy? none really, I only ever buy what I want and only pay what I think its worth, I dont regret any purchase.
What is your best buy? See postponed v Norwich above.
What is the most you have paid for a programme and which one? Aston Villa v Burnley league cup semi final replay at Old Trafford, almost mint, paid £150 for it.
What is the most you have received for a programme and which one? Dont really sell alot but I think I got about £55 for a 70s european cup final programme once, cant remember which though.
What is your most prized programme? Dont have any single one I favour but for some reason I love my Toyota cup programme from Japan 1999.
Whats your biggest regret in collecting? Not starting earlier as I had a period in my life from the age of 19-24 where I was young free single and earning a shed load of money every week, could have bought alot back then!

The Hobby
In you opinion, is the programme collectors communtiy shrinking or growing? Definately growing, I see younger people gettig into it aswell, which is great. Cost wise it seems to be good at the moment aswell, people just cant afford to pay as much anymore, and more rare stuff is becoming available as skint people try to cash in.
What do you enjoy most about the hobby? Anytime I add something to my collection I'm truly glad, but I also keep a record of Utd games in history and every now and again I'll find out something I didnt know, a youth friendly from the 50s or even a different copy of an away champions league tie.
Where do you buy most of your programmes from? Ebay and a few from here or at the stalls near Old Trafford.

The Future
If money was no object, which programme would you most like to add to your collection? Wolves postponed 57/58: Sarajevo away 67/68 for a start.
Would you ever sell your collection? No
How do you wish to develop your collection over the coming years? I want to be complete post Munich season by next year, and after that concentrate on 46/47 - 56/57, which is becoming harder to obtain beacuse of the price of individual items, I never want to be complete though, wheres the fun in that??.

Just copied the main text from above, hope you enjoyed what does it for me in this hobby!
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:47 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
Better late than never...........

Stats
Name: Graeme
Forum Nickname: Tynie Topics
Started Collecting: Oh, around 1982

About Me
What do you do for a living?
Credit controller

Which club do you support and why?
Hearts, because my dad and granddad did

What do you collect?
Mainly Hearts homes (all seasons) and Scotland aways (post 1970). Also dabble in Scottish Junior issues, Scotland away tickets and Wimbledon (inc AFC).

How did you get into programme collecting?
Can’t quite remember, although the programme stall that used to be at Tynecastle in the early 1980’s was a big influence, at that time a neighbour took me along to games with him and dabbled a bit in collecting himself. Alan Cunningham ran the stall and when it ceased I used to visit his old shop in Edinburgh occasionally.

Your Collection
What was your first football programme?
It was probably England v Scotland 1967 programme (and ticket). My dad was at the game and somehow they survived being thrown out and ended up with me.

What was the last programme you bought?
Hearts v Hibs 1947 I think.

How big is your collection?
I’m not sure to be honest, maybe 3000 / 4000?

How do you store your collection?
Mostly plastic pockets inside ring binders

Whats the oldest programme you own?
Wimbledon 1921-22 issue for a representative match, Isthmian League v Southern League

What is the rarest item in your collection?
Probably Australia v Hearts 1976 in Sydney, it’s a newspaper issue and I have never seen another for sale.

Which programme from your club is the rarest and most expensive to obtain?
Anything pre-war, plus programmes from some of the 1950’s tours eg South Africa in 1954 and Australia in 1959, also some early European aways eg. Standard Liege and Valarengen. As for Scotland aways post 1970, it has to be the four Spain issues of the 1970/1980’s, rocking horse poo so to speak and lottery win material!

What is...?
What is your worst buy?
Not really had any really terrible buys, right from the outset my pocket money and in turn my salary has never afforded me the luxury of being slap dash with my purchases!

What is your best buy?
I would have to say a complete collection of 5 programmes from the Hearts tour to Australia and New Zealand in 1976. I purchased them from a Hearts collector who was disposing of his away collection about 20 years ago for £50/60, they’re worth a wee bit more than that now.

What is the most you have paid for a programme and which one?
A Hearts pre-war issue against Aberdeen. Pre-war Hearts programmes are hard to come by and when they do appear they reach well into three figures.

What is the most you have received for a programme and which one?
Never really dabbled too much in the selling side. Although I did sell a few Australian internationals on eBay which made £30 each and originally cost me nothing.

What is your most prized programme?
Probably the above mentioned Australia v Hearts 1976, and my pre-war issue.

Whats your biggest regret in collecting?
The periods of time when my collection lay dormant for various reasons, when Hearts programmes from the 40’s and 50’s could be had for a lot less than they are now!

The Hobby
In you opinion, is the programme collectors community shrinking or growing?
With the advent of eBay I think the hobby is gradually recovering although I’m not so sure it is as popular as it was in the 1970/80’s, the price of current season issues will still put kids off in my opinion.

What do you enjoy most about the hobby?
The thrill of plugging a gap in your collection that you never thought you would

Where do you buy most of your programmes from?
Almost exclusively from eBay and Almondvale Programmes in Edinburgh, plus attending matches.

The Future
If money was no object, which programme would you most like to add to your collection?
A pre-war Hearts v Hibs issue

Would you ever sell your collection?
Yes. I never say never and if financial circumstances dictate it in future it will go.

How do you wish to develop your collection over the coming years?
Just keep plugging away and filling gaps in my post war Hearts collection (there’s loads!) and my Scotland aways back to 1970 (about 20-odd to go)

Might need to update some of this Laughing
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> We Need Your Help! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: