Football Programmes Centre

David Howgate
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
David Howgate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wullie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:33 pm 
Post subject: David Howgate

I'm annoyed . It's looks like this seller has been removed from Ebay and he sells some good stuff. I think the problem is he won't accept Paypal, but if you know this then i don't see why there should be a problem. I've posted cheques to him and the programme has arrived the next day.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:56 pm 

Like a lot of people I have become totally disillusioned with ebay, because of it's fleecing payments policy. Am using it less and less nowadays as I've had far greater success with purchasing programmes on this forum than I ever did on ebay. If David's not allowed back on ebay that'll probably be it for him I would think as he hasn't had adverts in Programme Monthly for a number of years - he used to have three large adverts every issue - and he stopped organising the Southport Fair over five years back, one of the very best on the circuit. More's the pity, a decent guy.
Wullie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:08 pm 
Post subject:

Ebay is a pain. David was selling some war time Sunderland homes, about one a week and i was building a nice collection. His postage rate was 70p for recorded delivery.Look at some of the rip off postage people charge. I mean really if people do not want paypal then they should be allowed not to accept it. I think he had one bad feedback where someone paid by paypal and it didn't go through. I've wrote to ebay telling them i'm angry (not that'll do any good). I admit iv'e got things cheaper recently from Programme Monthly and other outlets.
foxes1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:51 pm 
Post subject:

Reason you have to offer Paypal is because Paypal is owned by Ebay. I also dont agree to having to offer Paypal as an option. Paypal were also running a campaign a couple of months ago to try to get you not to accept cheques.
I have recenlty started offering more common items on ebid, you dont pay to list but pay 3% of sold price in comission, I have not sold anything yet but you never know.
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:20 pm 
Post subject:

Looks like he is back on Ebay. That is good news.
holtie96

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:21 pm 

Hi Wullie, can you share his username with me? Good to see him back.
Wullie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:23 pm 
Post subject:

Hi. His username is 58casuals.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: