Football Programmes Centre

25th 26th August Football Sport Auctions Ltd Catalogue
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
25th 26th August Football Sport Auctions Ltd Catalogue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballSportsAuctions

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:01 pm 
Post subject: 25th 26th August Football Sport Auctions Ltd Catalogue

Hi All,

25th / 26th August catalogue is now available to view in various formats. Day One 25th August 11am start Lots 1-1300, Day Two 26th August 10am start Lots 1301-2103. Usual venue, The Chiltern Hotel, Luton.

It can be viewed at our website

www.footballsportsauctions.co.uk

A PDF version can be found here http://www.footballsportsauctions.co.uk/August%20catalogue%20Printers.pdf

A fully illustrated version can be found at
http://www.the-saleroom.com/en.....id-2894391

If you require a paper catalogue please contact us via private message.

Andy & The Team

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
kcs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:41 pm 
Post subject:

A lovely Sours collection up for grabs on day 2.

some gems in there for sure, will watch the auction with interest.

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
FootballSportsAuctions

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:59 pm 
Post subject:

Yep, a cherished collection collected over the last 15 years.

The Spurs collection starts at lot 800 on day 1 We tried to put as much of the post war items as possible on day one to go with the general memorabilia.

Andy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
FootballSportsAuctions

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:38 am 
Post subject:

Hi all,

Coming up to the last postal days for catalogues to be sent out for next weeks two day auction. If you require a free catalogue please send us a private message before Friday.

Andy & The Team Wave

James

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:44 pm 
Post subject:

Well had a blast today being able to knock off some of my wants, bank balance will be a little bit lighter after that but picked up some real bargains and some great items, though I'd never be able to buy some of the items I did as I expected them to go for more than they did.
FootballSportsAuctions

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:26 pm 
Post subject:

A long couple of days, but a great success !

A full list of prices realized Smile

http://www.footballsportsaucti.....sults..pdf

gatfb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:06 am 
Post subject:

Did not receive my normal free catalogue for this auction or check in here for info. I did leave a few token gesture bids via the auction room when I came across this auction, but, I was really interested in the tickets that were up just past the half way stage.

I assumed they were to be sold on day two and was quite annoyed to see day one ended around the 1300 mark resulting in a loss for me the seller and the auction site.
FootballSportsAuctions

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:33 am 
Post subject:

Hiya,

Sorry about that

Dates and times posted everywhere including on this site, our website, Saleroom.com etc.

Andy Sad

goonerboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:22 am 
Post subject:

I logged on to saleroom for day 2 but the auctioneer was going so quickly that the internet bidding was not able to keep up because there were times I put in bids for items before the saleroom warning about item ending came up but then system readjusted to say bidding on item already finished. Maybe it was the auction was progressing quickly or maybe the saleroom was slow but shame really as if internet bids are being encouraged then there should be time allowed to accomodate them because the system never works as quickly as when bidders are in the room.
Ruud Van Driver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:42 am 
Post subject:

gatfb wrote:
Did not receive my normal free catalogue for this auction

Likewise I didn't get sent a catalogue either, a bit odd as I purchased from the previous auction and up to now have always received one.

Andy is correct, dates, times etc were posted everywhere, however I'm possibly not alone in liking to read through the catalogue rather than viewing it online as its a much quicker process. When it became obvious that a catalogue was not going to arrive I never had the time to view the lots online (managed the first 200 or so) which is a little frustrating. That said if I haven't seen the majority of the lots I'm blissfully unaware of what I may have missed!
FootballSportsAuctions

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:03 am 
Post subject:

Hiya,

I will be checking the mailing list before the next sale in December Smile

Andy

martino

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:45 am 
Post subject:

goonerboy wrote:
I logged on to saleroom for day 2 but the auctioneer was going so quickly that the internet bidding was not able to keep up because there were times I put in bids for items before the saleroom warning about item ending came up but then system readjusted to say bidding on item already finished. Maybe it was the auction was progressing quickly or maybe the saleroom was slow but shame really as if internet bids are being encouraged then there should be time allowed to accomodate them because the system never works as quickly as when bidders are in the room.

Agreed. Will Andrews was doing over 200 lots an hour at the start of day two. Far too fast in my opinion. Thankfully I left commission bids for six lots and got five, I think.

However, I logged on at 1215 on day two thinking I would be in good time to bid online for another lot I was interested in only to find Will was 40 lots passed it!

My fault but, as said above, the rate Will was going must have resulted in internet bids being missed at a loss to the buyer, seller and the Auction House.

On a general point the Internet has been the saviour of a number of auction houses. Adam Partridge told me that at a recent auction 60% of lots were sold to internet bids from around the world. I know it hacks off bidders who turn up and have to hang around to bid on the day - and even then may get outbid but, if they wish to increase their turnover and profit, then all auction houses that use internet bidding need to give internet bidders a fair chance.
mustard68

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:26 am 
Post subject: FSA 25/26 AUGUST

I had the internet problem of the connection getting ahead of the auctioneer.
In other words he was taking bids on an item which had already finished & been sold on my screen. Tried logging off & back on but the problem persisted.
Eventually solved by switching off the sound and bidding against the screen only.

As for the spurs stuff, what an unbelievable collection. I personally don't see it with one club,everything with their name on it, collections but I take my hat off to whoever built that lot up.

I snagged a few pre war England trials and was happy with that.
Fishy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:50 am 
Post subject:

I had a similar problem as martino - I had to go out in the morning and set a time ahead of when I thought I'd need to be back for my first item. This was based on the 150 lots per hour which appears to be the average.

Therefore I missed some lots, but again my fault.

A lesson to be learnt perhaps - as the auction was mainly for Spurs items the description from the auctioneer was always going to be easier, thus faster.

I got my catalogue in time, but always check on the internet, especially when the auction house posts photos - almost a must when descriptions can vary and we all have different ideas of what fair; good; very good etc can mean.

I agree with Ruud (this doesn't happen very often lol), times etc were posted everywhere necessary, and even the split for the lots on each day was easy to find on the-saleroom.

Thanks to Andy for lightening my wallet again! The mmoths now have even more space to live Very Happy
Ruud Van Driver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:37 pm 
Post subject:

Fishy wrote:
I agree with Ruud (this doesn't happen very often lol)

Laughing

Much like my team, I have no defence
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: