Football Programmes Centre

Gazza
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gazza
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clsyorkshire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:09 pm 
Post subject: Gazza

He's only 47 Shocked

Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:23 pm 
Post subject:

Inner demons.

I'm probably in a minority when I say I feel very sorry for him.
drfc4ever

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:25 pm 
Post subject:

Perhaps one of the saddest pictures i have seen in a long time. My footballing icon and best English talent i have ever seen. So very very sad. As much as I hate Man Utd i wish Fergie had got him at Old Trafford, i genuinely believe he may have been the one manager who may have changed Gazza's life for the better.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/doncasterroversprogrammes/sets
Eck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:50 pm 
Post subject:

The demons were there long before he was a footballer, I doubt that anyone but the man himself could change the course his life took, I absolutely loved the man at Rangers. it breaks my heart to see him like this, there are others in my life that i've seen go down the same road, very sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nKZmIPCrR4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Reb4LAL5Ct4
Fishy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:43 pm 
Post subject:

Yes it's very sad but I prefer to remember him in his good and exciting days when he was at the top of his game.
highlandjambo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:22 pm 
Post subject: Garza

It's so sad to see him like this, a seen him destroy Hearts in Cup Final in 96 a class act, but where's all his Friends now who cadged of him all these years. I hope he gets the help he needs. He was a great entertainer.
Eck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:29 pm 
Post subject: Re: Garza

highlandjambo wrote:
It's so sad to see him like this, a seen him destroy Hearts in Cup Final in 96 a class act, but where's all his Friends now who cadged of him all these years. I hope he gets the help he needs. He was a great entertainer.

People like Gazza drive friends away, it's a sad fact about alcoholics.
overlap

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:52 pm 
Post subject:

I realise everyone here are genuine football fans and lovers of the great players, with a fond regard for Gazza.
What I have a problem with is the endless newspaper prying into his problems.
The American College of Physicians classify alcoholism as a disease, as do many other medical bodies.
Yet the media seem to be allowed to poke their long noses into another - 'sick' by any definition - person's physical and mental debilitation to sell their publications, without any censure or restraint.
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:06 pm 
Post subject:

overlap wrote:
Yet the media seem to be allowed to poke their long noses into another - 'sick' by any definition - person's physical and mental debilitation to sell their publications, without any censure or restraint.

Just watch the movie "Citizen Kane"for an incisive insight into how media moguls think.
As true now as it was indicative then.

I can guarantee you, sadly, that the tabloids have already written Gazza's obituary.

Held "on file" to be used as and when.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:23 am 
Post subject:

whats the difference between Gazza and Gaza?
There is SOME hope for Gaza.

A fortune has been spent on Gazza by many of his friends and contemporaries and he has let everyone down, time after time after time. He is a drunk and cannot change and he will die in the gutter. Strong words but how many times can you try and save a lost soul who does not have any mental strength and never did BUT DOES NOT WANT TO BE SAVED, it is sad to see the state of him but he looks now to be beyond any help and has joined all the down and outers-his life has been wasted since football and i am surprised he has survived this far. No matter what you do for him he cannot help himself but to go back to the safety of his bottle. Not harsh just some facts and others should just accept it, plenty of other non famous people have and do suffer in this way and most were never given HIS chances to get back on a straight narrow path.

For me i would just let him continue to destroy himself as he has turned against everyone around him who tries to help.

He seems a lost cause....................

This is my opinion of which i am entitled to make
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:22 am 
Post subject:

I was in Israel a few months ago and Jerusalem made West Bromwich look like Kensington it will kick off big time there.
Gazza and Gaza they both looked doomed to me.
The heavy drinkers i grew up with are no more.
Its the smokers turn next in my age group Shocked
Eck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:44 pm 
Post subject:

I won't give up on the alcoholics in my life who are family,but there have been friends who have been abusive that i've told to stay the fuck away from me when they are drinking.

While there's life there is hope, I've seen people who are in as bad a state as Gazza who have turned it around.
highlandjambo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:00 pm 
Post subject: Gazza

Jeso some harse words on here, alcohol is a disease just like gambling and drugs, I said Gazzas Friends milked it for years they should be helping him now and what about George Best a don't see Manchesteruniteds number 1 slagging him of he got a new kidney and still carried on drinking.
Eck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:09 pm 
Post subject: Re: Gazza

highlandjambo wrote:
Jeso some harse words on here, alcohol is a disease just like gambling and drugs, I said Gazzas Friends milked it for years they should be helping him now and what about George Best a don't see Manchesteruniteds number 1 slagging him of he got a new kidney and still carried on drinking.

Absolutely, the illness isn't drinking alcohol or taking drugs, the addiction is just a symptom of the bigger illness which can be a range of things, in Gazza's case it is severe depression.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:55 pm 
Post subject: Re: Gazza

highlandjambo wrote:

George Best is dead.

His life and what he did to himself is common knowledge-why bring it up now.

How do you know what i did or did not do at that time, but this is not about clubs, or football this a bout a gifted human being who was so flawed and has never been able to grow up, handle pressures or take any responsibility on his own

Gazza is not dead-yet, just spurns every genuine attempt to resist the help he is and has been given, there is NO HOPE for him and that is because HE DOES NOT WANT ANYONE'S HELP what time he has left is only to drink into the next oblivion, Eck had some sensible points especially where violence takes over, but Gazza now is beyond pity- so why dont you send him some money for a good meal and a warm bed and he will be down the nearest offy. I think some folks you cannot help and he has proven he is a lost cause-one day this is where he will be looking up from the gutter. Harsh words are meant when you feel so frustrated that he has turned down a 1000 offers of help-his former hangers on are just that but even Harry Redknapp offered to pick him up every morning at 5.45am to take him to QPR to show his players how to do it and he also never expects to get any positive response, he has always bit the hand that has fed him-Gary Lineker and others forked out tens of thousands to send him to the USA all for nothing a hopeless case i am afraid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Eck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:10 pm 
Post subject:

The fact that he has been to rehab and had attempts at sobriety is proof that he does want to change, any reformed alcoholic will tell you that you give it up when you reach rock bottom, this varies from person to person, when you can't handle living like this anymore. My wife's bottom was waking up through the night, scared, alone, I was living in another place. It sounds harsh but I moved out to let her find her gutter, at first I was doing everything for her but came to realise that I was making it easy for her to live that life. She has been sober for 6 years now. I never abandoned her, I checked in 4 times a day to see that she was OK, we weren't split up, I was there waiting until she chose which life she wanted.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:55 pm 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
The fact that he has been to rehab and had attempts at sobriety is proof that he does want to change, any reformed alcoholic will tell you that you give it up when you reach rock bottom, this varies from person to person, when you can't handle living like this anymore. My wife's bottom was waking up through the night, scared, alone, I was living in another place. It sounds harsh but I moved out to let her find her gutter, at first I was doing everything for her but came to realise that I was making it easy for her to live that life. She has been sober for 6 years now. I never abandoned her, I checked in 4 times a day to see that she was OK, we weren't split up, I was there waiting until she chose which life she wanted.

Good on u.
U are qualified to speak on the subject having had experiences for sure but I personally do not think he has the will or any desire to try again after so many false dawns in his rehabilitation. Hope I am wrong but the signs are that he cannot break out of the continual stupor he has been in for so many years.
highlandjambo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:04 pm 
Post subject: Gazzas

Well there's always HOPE and I wish him well .
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:12 pm 
Post subject: Re: Gazzas

highlandjambo wrote:

We all feel the same way but a leopard never changes his spots.
My next post will be on football matters, anyone interested can see a stack of new uploads I have added these past few days. Www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/
Eck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:46 pm 
Post subject: Re: Gazzas

highlandjambo wrote:

I'm rooting for him, I hope he gets it together again.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: