Football Programmes Centre

Tipster 09-10 Rules
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tipster 09-10 Rules

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Toffee Dan's Tipster Competition 2009/10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:44 pm 
Post subject: Tipster 09-10 Rules

OK here are the ground rules for Season 6 of Tipster...

Leagues will be run in lieu of Ranking Lists which have now been made redundant. Weekly winners will be shown across all forums with the tiebreaker shown above to determine who had the best result.

As usual ANYONE can enter on any week - you don't have to join at the beginning of the season to be part of it but if you aren't in the League just turn up - and you can enter the KO as well.

3 pts for the correct score
2 pts for the correct spread (result and margin)
1 pt for only the correct result

Bonus points:

1 point for 6 correct results (from 10 selections)
a 2nd point for 8 correct results.

Correct first scorer (2 pts)
Nominate any player to score the first goal of any one game in the set of 10

In the event of any postponements the points scored will be rounded up as though 10 games were played (e.g 1 postponed match your score will be factored up by 1/9th and bonus points will be adjusted to take into account the lack of a full list)

Method to determine tiebreaker (best player of the week):

(a) Total number of correct scores (e.g 1-0) (b) Total number of correct results - i.e Home win (c) Everton score (Correct score then Correct result) - otherwise it will be shared.

Names
Yes you sometimes change your log in names so please try and help me if you do change your log in name and enter - I don't always notice who is who!!!

Omitted scores:
I will determine whether the majority score for that game and if it is correct result the player will "earn" one point.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:22 pm 
Post subject:

Please note the following additional rules:

1. Omitted score:
The team will be awarded (your) score from last game:

Therefore if you predict:

Everton v Wigan 2-

and Wigan, in your last prediction you said 1. Then this becomes 2-1.

2. No Scores Predicted

Should anyone forget to post scores the entire set of predictions will be that team's last predicted number of goals. - if non-PL teams are involved default is 1 goal. Player will start on Minus 3 points for that round

3. Omitted First Scorer
Last predicted First Scorer will be assumed to be the choice.
paulo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:12 pm 
Post subject:

Can you confirm that the first scorer is not the first scorer of the day and is the first scorer in the 90 mins. eg this week if a Chelsea player scores on 48 mins a goal scored in another game at say 2 mins would win?
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:24 pm 
Post subject:

paulo wrote:
Can you confirm that the first scorer is not the first scorer of the day and is the first scorer in the 90 mins. eg this week if a Chelsea player scores on 48 mins a goal scored in another game at say 2 mins would win?

First scorer is the first scorer in any game - of your choosing -you care to nominate. Not say the 2nd minute of any game. So first goalscorer in, for example, Stoke v Burnley or Spurs v Liverpool.

If I was cruel enough to mean quickest goal of the day...It's hard enough to get first goalscorer in a game never mind that!!
| More
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Toffee Dan's Tipster Competition 2009/10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: