Football Programmes Centre

The 'Finally Obtained' Thread
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The 'Finally Obtained' Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maidonian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:00 am 
Post subject:

I've made very little inroad into my Stenhousemuir wants in recent years but every now and then one appears completely out of the blue. This issue came up on eBay being sold by Kath & Peter Rundo and was gratefully purchased for the princely sum of 54p. I'll pay a lot more than that for any of the others I still require. My wants list is below vvvv - any help gratefully received.

Superajm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:25 pm 
Post subject:

Well it's done!! I've finally got the last away game I've been looking for for about years. Hartlepool away 60/61 (although it's not a perfect copy)

Easy

So what now? Do I retire from collecting? Pick another team (no chance!)

No, I'm now adding to the collection of youths/reserves whilst also concentrating on collecting actual team line ups for reserve and youth teams (both hoime and away)

onwards and upwards Smile
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:03 pm 
Post subject:

To complete a programme from every game from the FA Cup 1972/73 season I have to thank Andrew BSFC . Top bloke for letting me have his Boston United v Lancaster City programme.
I have moved on now to ticket stubs, menus, photos, badges, autographs and the like and also qualifying round programmes.
I think picking a certain year , a cup run or a promotion year, and collecting from that season is quite fun and interesting , if your wallet does not extend to collecting everything.
Many Thanks Andrew.
PaulRStoke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:49 pm 
Post subject: Stoke City v Portsmouth 1950/51

Only seen it a couple of times. Sold for £145 a few years ago and £80 last week.

I picked it up for £15 at a programme fair this morning.

Very happy to complete the season Very Happy

Only four needed from 1946/47 plus a handful of postponements needed.
slightfold

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:30 pm 
Post subject: Finally obtained

As a collector of first/last ground moves (since 1946) I have finally completed this set with Port Vale v Aldershot 1949/50. As I also include temporary moves as well as permanent ones, the running total in this genre is 234.
Red C

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:42 am 
Post subject: Re: Finally obtained

slightfold wrote:
As a collector of first/last ground moves (since 1946) I have finally completed this set with Port Vale v Aldershot 1949/50. As I also include temporary moves as well as permanent ones, the running total in this genre is 234.

Will you get FC United's first game at Broadhurst Park in September?
slightfold

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:20 pm 
Post subject:

The main body of my ground moves collection is just for League teams who move whilst members, However, I have side collections which then include moves by teams before they joined, such as Burton Albion, Crawley Town, Wycombe Wanderers and Yeovil Town. Similarly moves by League teams after they left include Darlington, Gateshead and Newport County. Finally Maidstone United fall into a slightly different 'class' as they moved before joining and again after leaving.
So to answer your query I will not be getting FC United's one until they achieve League status!! Then of course I would need the last at the old ground and the first at the new.
Red C

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:13 pm 
Post subject:

Speak to me in 2017 then! Smile
slightfold

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:36 pm 
Post subject:

Yes, keep the programme for me! Four seasons later, in 2021 at about this time of year in one of those quirks in the fixture lists, you will be playing another Manchester team, one that plays in red, away from home and needing to win to take the Premiership title. I won't tell you the score as I don't want to spoil it for you. Very Happy
nozer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:00 pm 
Post subject: Finaly obtained,

West Ham v Distillery 17/10/55 lost count of the number of times i have missed out on this one on ebay but know have obtained , well pleased.
Ruud Van Driver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:09 pm 
Post subject:

Phil - I have sent you a PM ref The Doog - Mal
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:13 pm 
Post subject:

At long last have obtained the 45/6 Blackburn v Blackpool programme.

Now need just one away from this season, the single sheet against Wrexham in the FA Cup.

If anyone can help please get in touch.
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:01 pm 
Post subject:

Mine was a couple of months ago

Gainsborough Trinity v Argyle in the F A Cup 1950/1 season

rare as rocking horse poo and finally got it...it is an uninspiring thing to look at with nothing to read but I so enjoyed crossing it off the list...

Interesting thread!
nozer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:37 pm 
Post subject: Burton Home 75/76.

Burton v Kettering 17/3/76.

I guess not the most earth shattering acquistion in the grand scale of all things programme collecting but this was one that i had all but given up on and had infact forgoten that i required it until a randum search on Ebay .

I now only require the Atherston v Kettering 20/3/76 to compleate said season and i can then get on with my life.

Tis a strange thing the prog collecting hoby i personaly had not picked anything up for weeks/months for my collection but allready this week have picked up three "rare" items of my "wants list".
OurManInVanc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:16 am 
Post subject:

I need this programme but....

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2516839.....1438.l2649
Rothmans Year Books
Cigarette Cards
etc etc
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:35 am 
Post subject:

Not a programme 'completeist' at all, as I prefer to collect cards and badges by far, as well as random other stuff, but when this appeared for sale I couldn't not have it.

It's the first ever game at Selhurst Park, Palace v "The Wednesday" (as they were known until 1929), from 1924.

I already had the programme for the second ever game, versus Orient reserves, which contains a report of the opening ceremony on that first day, and I also already had the reproduction copy (v Wednesday), which was produced about 10 years ago. It was interesting to be able to compare the original and the reproduction and spot the differences in paper quality, clarity of printing of text etc.

The seller is probably the biggest collector of Palace memorabilia around, which was reassuring to be sure I was dealing with a reliable person and not least that I wasn't buying the reproduction copy(!)

Really chuffed I've got something amazing to pass down to my son one day.

And I can frame the reproduction copy now and put the 'real thing' in my folder in its place!
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:41 am 
Post subject:

Love

Sent you a PM about this.........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:46 am 
Post subject:

Fantastic programme Dorking.

It must be great to get a programme from the very first game at your club's ground. Thumbs Up

Something I will probably never achieve with Blackpool programmes.
kenners46

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:51 am 
Post subject:

Nice one Dorking, if I had the money I would have gone for it too.
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:09 pm 
Post subject:

After a lifetime collecting Blackpool programmes I have finally obtained the very scarce friendly against Hamburg from 1952.

This was my last known 1st team home programme in all competitions since 1946/7 season.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 17 of 21

Jump to: