Football Programmes Centre

Pete's Picture Palace
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pete's Picture Palace
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:57 pm 
Post subject:

Now working again
Thanks for your patience
Pete
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:35 am 
Post subject: UPDATE TODAY

Hi All
Just to advise that I have added another 180 photos to the site this morning, a huge variety of clubs, and a couple of examples are attached.

An Iranian weight-lifter prepares to lift all the Chelsea people in this picture, including Mickey Droy.... For the result, see, the next image on the website.

Arsenal v Derby 1932. Ernie Coleman scores for the Gooners in a 3-3 draw.

Cardiff in Hamburg, 1968. Mainly off-pitch activities.

Something for everyone I hope. Please have a look.

www.petespicturepalace.co.uk/kick_off.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:23 pm 
Post subject:

Not an update now but a SPECIAL OFFER running for the duration of the 2014 World Cup.

Any order placed from now until Sunday 13th July, which includes at least ONE "international"-type photo (ie including the code ENG, SCT, NIR, BRZ etc etc) attracts a 10% discount across the whole order PLUS free postage (UK only that bit).

There are maybe 400 photos on the site involving England, Scotland, Wales, Brazil, Italy, etc etc. You just need to find one of them and then one or maybe a few of your club and bingo - 10% off and free postage.

So any photo such as these.......

From now until the Final - Sunday 13th July. I await a few orders -please. And thank you.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:51 pm 
Post subject:

Just to say my offer holds and will continue to hold until the Final, even though England have taken the taxi home.

North Korea's 3rd goal v Portugal at Goodison - still up for grabs with 10% off - that's £7.20 to save you looking it up.

martino

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:58 am 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
Just to say my offer holds and will continue to hold until the Final, even though England have taken the taxi home.

North Korea's 3rd goal v Portugal at Goodison - still up for grabs with 10% off - that's £7.20 to save you looking it up.

Who can ever forget good old Pak Do Ik - did he score that one?
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:59 am 
Post subject:

No, Martino, this one was by Yang Seung Kook. I would imagine Pak Do Ik was one of the others on show in the photo, along with the hapless Jose Pereira in goal and the Portuguese No 5. Mr Ik failed to score in this game (others were by Pak Seung Zin and Li Dong Woon).
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:24 am 
Post subject: UPDATE

Just to advise I've updated my website again, another 300 new photos on sale, so the total is now nearly 6600 original press photos on straight sale and immediate delivery.

Click here - www.petespicturepalace.co.uk/kick_off.htm

This update includes the old (1928 Olympic Games, Amsterdam - France v Italy)

the new (Olly at the Gas)

the sublime (John Charles at Juve)

and the ridiculous (Pele)
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:44 pm 
Post subject:

If anyone's interested, I've just opened a Facebook page with 28 Liverpool FC press photos with various trophies - 70's & 80's.

Click here if you'd like a peek.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.708121502587882.1073741829.431574396909262&type=3

I haven't done this before and think it'll work but it's a way of showing batches of photos to the World in advance of my site updates and in an easy format to view. Let me know what you think. Here are one or two examples.

Similar photos on Ebay go for £29.99 give or take. These are at about a quarter to a fifth of that on average.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:28 am 
Post subject:

Hi All

Just to say I updated the site again today so now there are over 6,700 press photos for sale. Please give it a quick look if you have any interest in the photographic history of your club or the game in general.

Here are a few pointers.....

Kenny & Sir Stan - the new Football Writers' Player of the Year (1979) being presented with the trophy by a nice old guy who won it twice.

Sheffield United v Middlesbrough 1948. George Hardwick, Jimmy Gordon & Rolando Ugolini deal with a Blades attack led by No 8, Harold Brook.
Those were the days when a name like Rolando Ugolini was considered exotic.

Ted Catlin, Sheffield Wednesday & England stalwart of the 1930's.

Aberdeen v Hamilton Accies 1966. I love that Dons kit - I can't see it on HFK either. A one-off maybe? Accies are in hoops so it must be the Dons.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:31 am 
Post subject:

With Xmas approaching the time is right for an update to my site and the button has been pressed - 150 more now on there so over 6700 in all to choose from. Among this batch a few here to whet the appetite.

Wally Ardron (Forest) gets a nice massage (plenty more of this collection to go with this one)

Tommy Burns gets a rare shot in past Willie Miller

Liverpool meet the King, Wembley 1950

George Graham with £80k cheque and no brown envelope
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:52 am 
Post subject: Feb update

Time for another update, chaps, another 130 original press photos added, stock over 6700 in all. New ones such as these....

Len Quested (Fulham) - about 20 more of this type of 40's portraits

Man City v Burnley 67/8 Coleman pen

Leyton O v Cardiff 1960 McDonald goal 1960 (love the joy & despair)

The Pantomime Villain

Whoops! Stainrod takes out the Old Bill watched by thousands....
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:51 am 
Post subject:

Not exactly a website update today - just a note to everyone saying I have another couple of hundred new photos but am not putting them on the website (yet) as they are mainly small h/s Universal & Wilkes photos and as I'm going to the FSA Fair at Luton on Sunday 26th April there's not much point me scanning them all and uploading when I'll be taking them off again (fingers crossed!).

So I've done a detailed Excel spreadsheet showing alphabetically all clubs with new stock, from Arsenal to York City, plus Scottish clubs, plus England & Scotland, plus other Internationals.

Ask me for a copy and I'll email it to you. Plus there are some action of this type among the Universal/Wilkes ones.

Plus more like this of course.............

Ruud Van Driver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:32 am 
Post subject:

Cracking photo's Pete!

I have sent you a PM re the Thundersley Invacar picture - Unbelievably the Model 70 version shown below was designed by AC who were also responsible for the Cobra! 0-60 and top ends not similar though, 0-60's....

AC Cobra - 4.2 seconds

Invacar - A fortnight

Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:05 am 
Post subject:

Ruud Van Driver wrote:
Cracking photo's Pete!

I have sent you a PM re the Thundersley Invacar picture - Unbelievably the Model 70 version shown below was designed by AC who were also responsible for the Cobra! 0-60 and top ends not similar though, 0-60's....

AC Cobra - 4.2 seconds

Invacar - A fortnight

Nice one Ruud. My old next door neighbour used to have one and the first time he used it reversed straight into our hedge and we had to dig him out!!! Wish I'd had a camera but that was probably 1964 !!
Ruud Van Driver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:45 am 
Post subject:

Ruud Van Driver wrote:
Cracking photo's Pete!

AC Cobra - 4.2 seconds

Invacar - A fortnight

Nice one Ruud. My old next door neighbour used to have one and the first time he used it reversed straight into our hedge and we had to dig him out!!! Wish I'd had a camera but that was probably 1964 !!

You're lucky he didn't have the Model 70 Pete else he'd have gone through the hedge and the house Laughing
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:49 pm 
Post subject:

Having had a proper sort out of all my stock I have now catalogued each club's stock on an Excel spreadsheet - I wanted to have this with me at the Fair so I could refer to it. I don't have a "tablet" or anything like that.

If anybody wanted to see the sheet relating to their club (and that includes every English league club, plus Celtic & Rangers, and England internationals) I would be happy to send them that sheet via an email.
That would save your ploughing through the website and if any took your fancy from the typed description, I would be happy to scan it over to you.

So please let me know.

In addition, you may recall I bought a lovely 1950's collection recently and among them are 5 or 6 with no descriptions on their backs and nothing for me to go by apart from faces, kits and grounds. I need your help on a few and over the next week or so I'll post a separate thread about each one - so you have that detective work to look forward to.

Thanks again for your concern today, I want to move on and this is one way to get the ball rolling again.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:55 pm 
Post subject:

Having had a proper sort out of all my stock I have now catalogued each club's stock on an Excel spreadsheet - I wanted to have this with me at the Fair so I could refer to it. I don't have a "tablet" or anything like that.

If anybody wanted to see the sheet relating to their club (and that includes every English league club, plus Celtic & Rangers, and England internationals) I would be happy to send them that sheet via an email.
That would save your ploughing through the website and if any took your fancy from the typed description, I would be happy to scan it over to you.

So please let me know.

In addition, you may recall I bought a lovely 1950's collection recently and among them are 5 or 6 with no descriptions on their backs and nothing for me to go by apart from faces, kits and grounds. I need your help on a few and over the next week or so I'll post a separate thread about each one - so you have that detective work to look forward to.

Thanks again for your concern today, I want to move on and this is one way to get the ball rolling again.

Hi Pete

[email protected]

if you can send over the a list that would be appreciated-I may be lucky!

Leslie Wave
dangerman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:13 pm 
Post subject:

please send a list to [email protected]
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:24 pm 
Post subject:

dangerman wrote:
please send a list to [email protected]

Andrew, maybe I didn't make it clear enough, I have done a spreadsheet for each club - I have 45 actual spreadsheets each showing 2 or 3 different clubs - done alphabetically. So for instance if you wanted to see Leeds United, I could send that and you'd also get a page for Ipswich. Let me know please (and I haven't done Ayr United!)
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:20 am 
Post subject: Site Update BHMon 25.5.15

Morning all

Just to say I updated the website again this morning, nearly 300 more photos added with stock now at 6800 original press photos on straight sale.

This batch covers English clubs from Arsenal to Oxford and it's mainly portraits with some great other shots eg

Orient 1952 Jackie Deverall after Cup win at Birmingham

1950 FA Cup Final

1959 FA Cup Final, Jack Birkett with trophy

Oldham v Gateshead 1957

Luton v Blackpool 1953/4

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: