Football Programmes Centre

Best way to sell my collection?? Help!!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Best way to sell my collection?? Help!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JayD73

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:19 pm 
Post subject: Best way to sell my collection?? Help!!

Hi all

I'm looking to sell my collection of programmes, the vast majority are homes and aways of Leeds United, dating from the late 60s to early 2000s, plus a number of other clubs too.

Any advice you can give regarding the best way to sell them (privately or dealer) would be really appreciated!

Cheers

Jay
sellsell39

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:18 am 
Post subject:

Hi JayD73,

Whats the reason for you selling your Leeds United collection ?
Need the room, financial, fell out of love with the game etc ?

Check out PABLO76 - SELLING UP MANCHESTER UNITED COLLECTION elsewhere on this forum, its a message to all forum members from his heart I think.

Wullie gave great advice to Pablo76, about keeping the rare stuff, so that one day in the future, you don't regret your decisions now.

If you decide to sell, then try to catalogue or database your Leeds collection, so that you can answer questions or requests easily from the forum members when they make offers for various parts of your collection - which they inevitably will.

I suppose you need to choose whether to split the whole lot up or to sell as one job lot, only really you can decide that.

Good luck, and let me know your thoughts.
nozer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:55 am 
Post subject: Selling up.

Hi Jay, sorry to hear you are selling your collection , but if you do happen to have a Leeds v Peterborough (Friendly) 63 i will gladly take here of your hands ?.

Regards.
Phil.
leedsrgreat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:40 pm 
Post subject:

I have just joined the forum mainly because I have a big Leeds United collection from 1925-26 to 1984-85. I've built it up over many years but I fear that it may be the time to sell. I worry that there are few potential collectors now and the younger generation do not seem to be interested. I have three children none of whom show the slightest interest. I see my collection as a wonderful history of the club and indeed an interesting social history of the city of Leeds. But having just retired I am inclined to think that now is the time to sell. Does anyone know if there is greater demand for programmes from around the world now? This seems a bit mercenary but needs must!
nozer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:53 pm 
Post subject: Selling up.

leedsrgreat wrote:
I have just joined the forum mainly because I have a big Leeds United collection from 1925-26 to 1984-85. I've built it up over many years but I fear that it may be the time to sell. I worry that there are few potential collectors now and the younger generation do not seem to be interested. I have three children none of whom show the slightest interest. I see my collection as a wonderful history of the club and indeed an interesting social history of the city of Leeds. But having just retired I am inclined to think that now is the time to sell. Does anyone know if there is greater demand for programmes from around the world now? This seems a bit mercenary but needs must!

Would be interested in the Leeds v Posh friendly 63 if you have and are willing to sell.
Regards.
Phil.
kcs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:32 pm 
Post subject:

leedsrgreat wrote:

Leeds programmes still command a very good price. Any homes pre-war will fetch a minimum of 250 pound each (and in most cases more).
Sounds like you have a fantastic collection.

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:17 am 
Post subject:

I don't think a new band of collectors have sprouted up all over the world because of the popularity of the Premier League.
I doubt you'll have any problems selling old Leeds stuff at all.
I wonder if you want to spilt the collection or sell it whole ?
I'm not really sure that , just because young people are not collecting then the hobby will disappear . I think men of a certain age , and with a bit disposable cash will always collect things. The popularity of eBay and the internet in general will allow people to gain a interest and start collecting. Items like 1966 World Cup tickets will always have buyers .
Poolec

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:02 pm 
Post subject:

leedsrgreat wrote:

Hi, i've sent you a PM.

Kind regards

Chris
hewittprog

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:59 am 
Post subject:

We have sent a PM private message please reply Michael
hewittprog

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:00 am 
Post subject:

leedsrgreat wrote:

Hello we have sent you a private message Michael Hewitt 07860192787
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: