Football Programmes Centre

Scotland's Euro 16 draw
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Scotland's Euro 16 draw
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:49 pm 
Post subject:

garyspain wrote:
really hope it in at Hampden or Ibrox. It would be less likely to cause problems.

Agreed Gary.

I think Scotland, RoI and Poland will fight it out for the 2nd and 3rd spots. Makes next weeks game in Warsaw more interesting.
garyspain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:20 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
garyspain wrote:
really hope it in at Hampden or Ibrox. It would be less likely to cause problems.

Agreed Gary.

I think Scotland, RoI and Poland will fight it out for the 2nd and 3rd spots. Makes next weeks game in Warsaw more interesting.

tricky one playing friendlies now as you don't want to give too much away.

I wouldn't rule Georgia out either of contesting at least 3rd. Lots of draws I reckon.
Eck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:23 pm 
Post subject:

I can see no reason to be confident of finishing above Ireland to tell the truth although they aren't as strong now as they've been in recent years.We must be strong in our home games and pack the stadiums out.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:31 pm 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
I can see no reason to be confident of finishing above Ireland to tell the truth although they aren't as strong now as they've been in recent years.We must be strong in our home games and pack the stadiums out.

If we can beat Croatia home and away, then we can beat everyone in that group home and away, apart from Germany.

It's going to be close though, as Gary says, probably a lot of draws!
Eck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:36 pm 
Post subject:

We are capable but we only seem to excel when we have not a lot to play for and there's no pressure. I would like to see a good start for a change.
garyspain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:39 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
Eck wrote:

If we can beat Croatia home and away, then we can beat everyone in that group home and away, apart from Germany.

It's going to be close though, as Gary says, probably a lot of draws!

very impressive results but you often struggle against the weaker nations. We are capable fo drawing with anyone.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:26 pm 
Post subject:

garyspain wrote:
very impressive results but you often struggle against the weaker nations. We are capable fo drawing with anyone.

We do, I try not to remember Tbilisi last time......

Decent win in Macedonia last time round though, I think we may have turned a corner, hopefully. Is Robbie Keane retired from Internationals? if so its a big hole to fill.
garyspain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:23 pm 
Post subject:

Robbie is still playing. Leading International goalscorer of all time in these islands.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:55 pm 
Post subject:

garyspain wrote:
Robbie is still playing. Leading International goalscorer of all time in these islands.

Will need to crock him then Laughing
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:22 pm 
Post subject:

With regards to programmes, this qualifying campaign looks slightly easier for Scotland collectors without having to jump through hoops;

Germany – will be on general sale
RoI – will be on general sale
Georgia – should be on general sale (was the last time)
Gibraltar – should be on general sale (they have issued for their first three games)

The exception is Poland, which was VIP only in Warsaw and were not easy to get hold of, but are beginning to emerge in more numbers.
garyspain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:54 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
With regards to programmes, this qualifying campaign looks slightly easier for Scotland collectors without having to jump through hoops;

Germany – will be on general sale
RoI – will be on general sale
Georgia – should be on general sale (was the last time)
Gibraltar – should be on general sale (they have issued for their first three games)

The exception is Poland, which was VIP only in Warsaw and were not easy to get hold of, but are beginning to emerge in more numbers.

Not so sure re Gibraltar and Georgia. I heard they were VIP only for Gib but not sure. A friend was at Georgia v Spain in the last campaign and couldn't get a programme even afterwards. He thinks none was issued.

No issues in Dublin or Dortmund.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:02 pm 
Post subject:

Re the Gib programmes, their first issue v Slovakia may have been VIP only (there were only about 400 at the game in Faro), but the GFA were selling them from their offices for £1 afterwards.

The subsequent two issues against Faroes and Estonia had £2 on the cover so I'm assuming they were on sale, they're not upto much though!

There will be programes, but whether the GFA have the resources to put them on general sale in Faro remains to be seen I suppose.

Worrying re Georgia, will need to do some digging!
garyspain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:43 pm 
Post subject:

We will be there in September so will let you know how I get on.

In 2003 I couldn't go and ordered them. A friend picked them up no problem. It was very difficult to get on the day. However loads subsequently appeared on ebay almost certainly reprinted by a usual printer who gets the pdf file from the relevant football federation. I believe his were darker than the originals but probably impossible to tell now. It was a couple of years later before I learned the seller was notorious ofr reprints.

In some of these countries security can be an issue. Getting close to the VIP area can be tough.

Georgia didn't issue for us in Mainz in 08 although a pirate was produced again only for ebay.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:04 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers!

When I was there in 2007 the contact I had at their FA dropped off some programmes for me at the hotel along with copies of the programmes from their other home games in the campaign (inc a friendly v Uruguay!), but at the stadium they were also on sale although there was no cover price and they appeared identical to the ones I got from the FA. I’m guessing that they were always due to be on sale, or some enterprising bod at the FA had a few bundles which he arranged to sell to Scotland fans, either way it’s easy to get hold of now.

The possibility of re-prints being on sale this time round is worth knowing, a pirate also subsequently surfaced which I never saw at the stadium, although its eastern Euro in origin.
garyspain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:41 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
Cheers!

When I was there in 2007 the contact I had at their FA dropped off some programmes for me at the hotel along with copies of the programmes from their other home games in the campaign (inc a friendly v Uruguay!), but at the stadium they were also on sale although there was no cover price and they appeared identical to the ones I got from the FA. I’m guessing that they were always due to be on sale, or some enterprising bod at the FA had a few bundles which he arranged to sell to Scotland fans, either way it’s easy to get hold of now.

The possibility of re-prints being on sale this time round is worth knowing, a pirate also subsequently surfaced which I never saw at the stadium, although its eastern Euro in origin.

the reprints are done almost 3,000KMs away in Minsk. They are done for ebay only. He gets the source emailed to him or in some cases works from an original. Copies can be close to the original eg Armenia v Rep of Ireland or totally different size and colouring eg Bnei v Shamrock Rovers.

Any sourced in Tbilisi will be ok.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:00 pm 
Post subject:

garyspain wrote:
the reprints are done almost 3,000KMs away in Minsk. They are done for ebay only. He gets the source emailed to him or in some cases works from an original. Copies can be close to the original eg Armenia v Rep of Ireland or totally different size and colouring eg Bnei v Shamrock Rovers.

Any sourced in Tbilisi will be ok.

Ak OK, beware Belarus!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: