Football Programmes Centre

Bound 1930's Evening Times annuals
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bound 1930's Evening Times annuals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:35 pm 
Post subject: Bound 1930's Evening Times annuals

Has anyone come across these before? Got them at the Sporting Memorys Auction the other week, for what I considered an excellent price of £80 plus commission - so you're looking at about £16 each. At the FSA Auction the following week there were some unbound Evening Times annuals on same also from the 1930's, and if my memory serves me right they went for about £50 each in total?

They're Evening Times annuals, in superb mint condition, and are enclosed in thick card binding. Where they differ from those sold to the general public they're free of charge / complimentary, so the Auction House concluded that they were probably sent out to Club Secretaries which would appear to make sense.

Comparing prices, I think I got a cracking bargain, and would love to make a set of them now from the 1930's, but doubt that'll happen given their rarity?
Drvonshineck

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:03 pm 
Post subject:

Hello John,

What is the content like?

Are there any interesting articles?

And no I have never seen these before.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:03 pm 
Post subject:

They're the normal annuals that were put out by the Evening Times every year. Little if any articles in them, just league tables, fixtures, international players etc. Some cracking covers inside though, brilliant artwork. I'll get them uploaded as well.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: