Football Programmes Centre

Pete's Picture Palace
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pete's Picture Palace
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:43 am 
Post subject: Pete's Picture Palace

I created this website (with help from my techie niece!) in 2005 and have been trading in original football press photos ever since.

There are usually between 4000 and 5000 press photos for sale on the site at all times.

I cater for all clubs, English, Scottish, continental, international, non-league (when I can get them).

I update monthly.

Go to:-

http://www.petespicturepalace.co.uk/kick_off.htm

I also have many cricket press photos not displayed on my site - details provided on request.

Collector of CPFC press photos, and hoarder of old programmes, mainly Palace.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:43 am 
Post subject:

PM sent, Pete
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:20 am 
Post subject:

A good question was asked about a search on my site.

As well as searching for your club, there are also searches by Player surnames, years, decades, and cups - so if you want to look exclusively at (for example) Arsenal, Mercer, 1950's, FA Cup - you would find only pics of Joe Mercer at Arsenal in the FA Cup in the 50's.

Or if you just keyed in a search by decade and chose the 60's, that would show every photo, every club, every player, in that decade.

And so on....

But don't forget if you choose one of these options, get rid of it if you start looking for something else!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:21 pm 
Post subject:

Major update today - 430 more added, total now 4900 original press photos on straight sale.

Large new batches of:-

Arsenal, Birmingham, Chelsea, Everton, Ipswich, Liverpool, Man Utd, Tottenham, West Brom, Wolves.

Plus if you want match action photos, YOUR club may feature as an away club at any of those clubs listed. Just key in your club and see what unfolds.

Slight problem with new technology but please persevere!
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:54 am 
Post subject:

Another major update today - 489 new photos added so stock is now up to about 5300 original press photos on straight sale.

Most English clubs in the range A - K - particularly:-

Aldershot, Barnet, Barnsley, Bolton, Bradford City, Brighton, Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Blackburn, Blackpool, Burnley, Cardiff, Carlisle (large 60’s batch), Charlton, Cambridge, Colchester, Coventry, Crewe Alex, Crystal Palace, Derby Co (many action), Darlington, Doncaster, Exeter, Fulham, Gillingham, Halifax, Hartlepool, Hereford, Huddersfield, Hull, Kidderminster.

If your team is not among these, but you are interested in your club in match action, it’s still worth a look as your team could be the away club in action shots – your club will be updated.

Also, every new photo is marked by * NEW * which you can click on in Player Name search.

www.petespicturepalace.co.uk/kick_off.htm

Please mail me if you get any problems as my site still has an issue with "new" technology!

Here are 3 of the new arrivals:-

holtie96

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:43 am 
Post subject: Photos

I have been using Peter's site for years and have to say I have had nothing but excellent service.
Keep up the great work Peter. Thumbs Up
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:05 pm 
Post subject: New Season Update

Just to advise, I have now added another 400 photos approx. to the website, concentrating on clubs in the bracket L-R but in terms of match action photos, any club could be involved as the away club.

To find the newly added photos, select the Player search button and then choose * NEW * near the top of the list of players.

www.petespicturepalace.co.uk/kick_off.htm

One or two of the new ones.............

This is Clapton Orient pre-war, in hoops, and the oppo in what could be red shirts with white sleeves - Bournemouth? I'm not totally sure - anyone got any ideas please?

This is an altercation at the Leeds v Cardiff game 1964 with John Charles, then of the Welsh side, getting a finger-wagging from the ref.

And here is the scene at Sandy Lane, home of Tooting & Mitcham, after their 2-2 draw with Nottm Forest in 1959.

holtie96

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:54 am 
Post subject: Pete

Another purchase made, quality service as always.
nozer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:24 am 
Post subject: Petes Picture.

Hi Pete , what a great photo the Tooting one is (and thanks for posting) brings back some great memories for me of standing on open terracing early 60s with my school pals, snow coverd pitches frezing cold, cup of Oxo at the ready ...now that was real football.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:49 am 
Post subject:

Hi all
Another site update today - 350 more photos added - most clubs from S to Y including a large amount of West Ham 1980's. Have a look, you never know what you'll find - but here are a few samples:-

holtie96

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:12 am 
Post subject: Pete

More quality items purchased from this brilliant website, superb service as always.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:42 am 
Post subject:

Hi All
Another update today, 430 more photos added, including

Huddersfield 1930's........

Edinburgh 1900's (under Hibernian)..........

(which you've seen on these pages before)

and Pompey 2000

which it seems is the HMS Victory and not the Mary Rose!

Cheers!
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:51 am 
Post subject: Update

The site is updated again this morning, another 300 photos on sale.
Please have a look.............

Just a few examples - from AC Milan to Welling United the feeling is just the same!
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:45 am 
Post subject:

Another site update this morning, 270 more added and now over 6300 on display and on sale! Nobody else does this on the planet.

If you look you will find some amazing Man City team photos from the 50's and 60's, like these....

Anyone with an interest in City should check these out.

And there are 250 other new ones besides, such as

Dangerous Don Rogers, gunning for 1st Division keepers (but not for long.....)

and

Stamford Bridge, 1932. Woodley, wearing all white, saving a Man City penalty.
martino

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:05 pm 
Post subject:

Can you not edit and put Bonetti in the Chelsea pic!!
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:55 am 
Post subject:

Happy New Year!!

Site update today, a few "killers" on there....................

I'd like to thank you all for your support through 2013, my first year on FPC, and long may that continue! Cheers!!!!!
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:53 am 
Post subject:

Today Friday 28th Feb my website is updated again. Here are a few examples of the new arrivals.

This shows a few Arsenal players joining up in May 1939. Does anyone imagine this might happen again today? For a start, are 5 current Arsenal players qualified to join the British Army? Does any club have 5 British players?

This one shows Nat Lofthouse heading a great goal at Villa Park, for England v Northern Ireland in 1951.

Finally this is Charlton and their chara in 1947 with FA Cup aloft. This season sees the Addicks getting as near to Wembley as they've been since - 67 years since a decent cup run. Let's all hope it doesn't end in tears - quarter final defeat and relegation to League One.

derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:00 am 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
Does any club have 5 British players?

Pete, there's a club that regularly fields 11 British players.

Guess who Smile
goonerboy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:02 pm 
Post subject:

an interesting question and mainly because why does it matter where a player comes from ? without hijacking this thread I will start another one on this topic.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:14 am 
Post subject:

Hi All

If anyone sees this thread and tries to access my site as a result, I have to report that this morning (Sat 1.3.14) for reasons unknown it has crashed and also I can't receive emails to the site address. My "hosts" are nowhere to be found.

If anyone wants to contact me, please use this one

[email protected]

Thank you.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: