Football Programmes Centre

Celtic European run
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Celtic European run

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roscoe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:33 pm 
Post subject: Celtic European run

As I said on another thread, we have had programmes donated to help fundraising for my club (Hearts).

We have been given a lot of Celtic in Europe programmes, including the 67 run (except the final). When looking to see what prices they could go for, I found that copies were made.

Can anyone tell me if it is only the final that has been copied. If not how can you tell them apart?

Any help advice would be gratefully received.
DannyRoberts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:25 pm 
Post subject:

Not aware of any copies/reprints made of the earlier round matches.

The original issue of the Final only had one (centre) staple - the reprint has two staples. Then there is the reprint where the areas on the cover that should be blue are actually green !!
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:25 pm 
Post subject:

They don't get anything like the prices they used to, even from a couple of years back, although on occasion the 67 ones still make a decent whack and can sometimes go for up to £20-£30 depending on whether or not two or three folk are bidding on them.

You might wish to consider selling them as a job lot with a fixed reserve at auction where they tend to do that little bit better. Did you get any 67 Euro aways? They're always very saleable.
Roscoe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:51 pm 

Thanks for this. I didn't want to be selling anything that wasn't real.

Unfortunately it is only the home programmes we have. The only Celtic in Europe, away ones we have are Borussia Dortmund 1987 and Nottingham Forest in 1983.

We are thinking about putting some of our programmes up for auction, and I have spoken to a couple. Are there any particular auctioneers you would recommend?

Thanks again
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:10 pm 
Post subject:

There's a good number of auctioneers now doing football. Best bet is to check out the cost involved, ie what it is the commission payable? This can vary greatly. Do they charge for unsold lots? Do they charge for photos of lots etc. If you simply google football auctions you'll find a good number, or pop into Almondvale Programmes in Embra and get a copy of Programme Monthly and get details out of the adverts there.

I've used both Football Sports Auctions and Sportingold in the past and had nothing but exemplary service from both of them.
Roscoe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:08 am 

Auchinleckian wrote:
There's a good number of auctioneers now doing football. Best bet is to check out the cost involved, ie what it is the commission payable? This can vary greatly. Do they charge for unsold lots? Do they charge for photos of lots etc. If you simply google football auctions you'll find a good number, or pop into Almondvale Programmes in Embra and get a copy of Programme Monthly and get details out of the adverts there.

I've used both Football Sports Auctions and Sportingold in the past and had nothing but exemplary service from both of them.

Sportingold is one I have spoken to, so that is good to know.
Cheers
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: