Football Programmes Centre

RIP Sir Bobby Robson
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RIP Sir Bobby Robson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mancitymark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:38 am 
Post subject: RIP Sir Bobby Robson

A sad day for English football - A true footballing gent Sad

RIP Booby
Marco_Polo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:43 am 
Post subject:

Just heard myself Mark.. very much so. Clubs and country owe him a lot..
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:16 am 
Post subject:

One of my favourite people in football.

Would of been Everton manager if it werent for the club releasing a statement to the press before he had confirmed it.
stodin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:15 pm 
Post subject:

I dont often do sympathy for someone I didnt know but he was a brilliant football man who always came across as genuine and passionate. He managed England during my formative football supporting years and I blame him for getting me hooked after the 1986 world cup.

I will never forget the 1990 world cup and the dignity he showed in the face of scumbag journalists who were not fit to breathe the same air as him... wankers should hang their heads in shame

R.I.P its a shame that NUFC is the place that is looking likely to become the focus of mourning, how quickly they forget that they spat on him when he dropped Keegan in his 1st game as England manager. Best supporters in the world, my arse
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:34 pm 
Post subject: robson

Aghree entirely with Stodin's analysis. The same gutter journalists that taunted and vilified him will now be printing eulogies about what a great man he was.
Assue there'll be a decent obituary to the great man in the Guardian tomorrow, should anyone want to read something factual and decent.
gfcpaul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:46 pm 
Post subject: bobby robson

Genuine,fast becoming a rare word in Football these days,will be missed,very sad day for Football
holtie96

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:07 pm 
Post subject:

a true gent, enough said.
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:04 pm 
Post subject:

quality manager proved it by taking ipswich to silverwear and building a wonderfull early 80s side full of internationals that should have been kept together longer than they were.top manager.top bloke.of course england came calling he answered but ipswich never were the same again.proved he had respect of european clubs who noted his achievements and got him to come to them.psv/sporting lisbon and barcelona.he managed a young raw ronaldo twice.he was a rarerity at barcelona a manager who was sacked but still had the barcelona fans love for him.i wished as barrett said he'd have took everton over in late 70s.it signed and done but robson principles when we annouced it before it was official to the press made us foolish and one of the biggest mistakes of everton fc over last 30 years easilly.it was his destiny to go to newcastle.he was a geordie.he would have turned them round and got them back up the table and out of the mess they were in before he came.he was cruely sacked before he could do so.its wrong that now the newcastle club should be centre of mourning for him as rightly stated that city turned on him and blasted him after he dropped ''wor kev''.it should be ipswich that becomes the centre of mouring.its justice really that newcastle have gone down and got worse since sir bobby was taken from them cause he never wanted to leave them.rip sir bobby you were most sucessfull england manager who never won a trophy and gave us heart hope belief passion pride and a love of been english and supporting england when you was our manager.cant say more than that.other than i hope newcastle struggle for another 10 years now for the way they treated bobby robson and ipswich get promoted this season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
kenred

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:29 pm 
Post subject:

The epitome of a football great ,much admired by other Managers.A sad loss to British Football.R.I.P Bobby.
Rocky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:20 pm 
Post subject:

A very rare breed.......a Mag that was a gent.

Not only a loss to Football but also to the North East in general. His charity work is legendary. Check out this link http://www.sirbobbyrobsonfoundation.org.uk/

Truly respected by Newcastle, Sunderland and Boro fans alike.

RIP
rokerprogz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:50 am 
Post subject:

RIP Sir Bobby, a great loss to the game. A true gentleman and a genuine legend.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:23 pm 
Post subject: Robson

The Gaurdian has an excellent 4.5 pages in the sports section with some wonderful anecdotes, a couple recounting Bobby's hopelessness with names.

1. Shola Ameobi at a press conference was asked by a jouranlist whether or not he had a nickname at the club.

"No" he replies.

Journalist - "What do the players call you?"

Ameobi - "Shola"

Journalist - "What does Bobby Robson call you?"

Ameobi - "Carl Cort"

2. Italia 90, Bobby's using the hotel lift, when the door opens and in walks Bryan Robson.

Bobby Robson - "Hiya Bobby"

Bryan Robson - "No, I'm Bryan, you're Bobby"

Priceless insights into the man. The obituary, written by Brian Glanville is all one would expect from football's greatest writer.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: