Football Programmes Centre

Do you have a favourite tipple?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Do you have a favourite tipple?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:48 am 
Post subject:

Last time I was in Halifax, couple of seasons ago, went in the three pigeons and it was full of old men - me included. Laughing

Had a pint in the old post office, got chatting to the only other bloke in the pub. Asked him if he had ever tried a pint of Thatchers cider - he'd never heard of it. Has it finally arrived up north yet?

regards, mark
Ann Orack

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:43 pm 
Post subject: Favourite tipple

Don't get me started on that

This is where Senior82 says he's off again, sorry Andy

About 18 months ago I discovered the pleasures of Belgian beer and tomorrow I'm off the Bruge for the 5th time this year. My programme collection has now taken a back seat, so much so thats its being broken up over a period on the next few months. The bookcases of neat binders have been replaced by my own verion of the beer wall. An 9 foot span of glass fronted cd shelves that house my ever growing collection of beer bottles and beer glasses. Theres currently about 120 different bottles and 35 (ish) glasses. I quite possibly should post this response on BeerAdvocate rather than a programme site.

A few of my favourites

Spring and summer: try a few nice triples such as Karmeliet, Kanunnik, Pater Lieven, Westmalle

Autumn and winter: go for the heavy boys, Rochefort 10, Chimay blue, Gulden Draak and my current favourite Pannepot.

Ranging from 8 to 10% handle these with care. Hardly session beers but you get a really nice buz in a matter of minutes.

Cheers
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:32 pm 
Post subject:

Thatchers Cider is a great pint as is Natch. An even better one is Black Rat.
But given the choice a pint of real cloudy Cider from the barrel (you know, the sort with bits of dead rat at the bottom is my pint of choice. Will be doing my usual 13 hours on cloudy cider on Christmas Eve. Can't wait.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:45 pm 
Post subject:

Skol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
MATT RUSH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:15 am 
Post subject:

[quote="Posh1959"]
MATT RUSH wrote:
Timothy Taylors Bitter (not Landlord, although that is also wonderful)

Do you mean Taylor s Golden Best ?

No Posh it's just called Taylors Bitter. Give it a try if you get the chance.
One I omitted from my list is Sam Smiths "Old Brewery Bitter", I had a couple in the cobbled and vaulted cellar under the brewery after a conducted tour, one of my best pints ever. Sam Smiths are the only beers from Tadcaster worth bothering with. I'm afraid John Smiths is just an insipid tasteless attempt to impress the pseudo real ale brigade who pour J.S,Smooth down their necks and shout " this is great for us real ale buffs". Wan@@ers!!. A shame really as Magnet Bitter was a top pint in its hayday.

Last edited by MATT RUSH on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
MATT RUSH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:21 am 
Post subject: Re: tiple.

nozer wrote:
Anyone know if thay still make Websters Yorkshire Bitter.

Websters Halifax brewery closed down some time ago and brewing was transferred to Burton onTrent. Hows that for a Yorkshire Bitter. Shocked
Senior82

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:55 pm 
Post subject:

Can confirm the Three Pigeons in Halifax is brilliant.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: