Football Programmes Centre

whats the point?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
whats the point?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:28 pm 
Post subject:

Hi John,

Couldn't agree with you more. There is no need to personally abuse anybody and it is very unusual to occur in our hobby. As mentioned I think everybody has made the same judgement regarding the individual and I'm sure members will police it accordingly.

Never mind the rule 3 and you're out, he's probably done it himself, 1 and you're out! Laughing

Regards

Rocky Smile
stodin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:55 am 
Post subject:

With his whinging, moaning and victim mentality he has made himself look like a scouser
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:19 am 
Post subject:

stodin wrote:
With his whinging, moaning and victim mentality he has made himself look like a scouser

Now if your looking for a reaction..... Laughing
stodin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:01 pm 
Post subject:

Barrett wrote:
stodin wrote:

Now if your looking for a reaction..... Laughing

Very Happy Wink
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:47 pm 
Post subject:

The only downside - and it might be my settings (Craig?) is that when I receive a pm I don't get an email notification of this - so it might be several hours/days before a response is noticed.

Perhaps this could be rectified - and avoid future rants?

Dan
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:39 pm 
Post subject:

ToffeeDan wrote:
The only downside - and it might be my settings (Craig?) is that when I receive a pm I don't get an email notification of this - so it might be several hours/days before a response is noticed.

Perhaps this could be rectified - and avoid future rants?

Dan

Hi Dan,

Yes its already a setting on the forum, if you click into your profile you will see

Always notify me of replies:.........................Yes/No
Notify on new Private Message:....................Yes/No

Here you can set if you want to be emailed when you get new PMs or when someone replies to a thread you have posted in.

Craig
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:02 pm 
Post subject:

As promised, the pm arsenal288 sent to me yesterday...

arsenal288 wrote:
first of all my rant was about people on this site not about the admin, i put my fa cup final tickets up for sale and recieved an enquiry from one of your punters, he said he collected tickets from 1946 to the present and would i send him my list, i spent 2 and a half hours finding/pricing & listing them..and what does he say to me? i only need the 48 and the 70 replay( 2 that i did'nt have) why did'nt he just ask me for those tickets instead of me having to do a load of pissing about? and another one of your punters asked a question about a the value of a certain ticket and i sent him a p.m....no reply, 2days later i sent another p.m.....no reply! and as for the message i sent to craig i did not recieve a reply to that message either. when i have replie's or anything to do with a post i have commented on or written on i recieve an email telling me, i had no such email on the occassion that craig is talking about,yet i have recieved replies from him before, strange aye! look how long i've been on this site and how many posts or responses i've added, i get angy when other people can't be bothered to act reasonably....
......regards.....................steve.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:37 am 
Post subject:

Arse, Your really starting to bore me now. You say i havent replied to a message from you but ive proved my points with hard facts above. Please post here a copy of this "message" that i havent replied to that has wound you up so much!
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:20 pm 
Post subject:

Don't worry guys, he's gone now. He confirmed he won't be visiting us anymore on a pm to myself.

He obviously didn't want to discuss any of the matters privately or he wouldn't have posted his rant on here.

We tried to address his points but he hasn't aknowledged the fact we did and he still seemed determined to carry on.

Oh well, his loss. If he wants to come back in the future, then thats fine, we wont be looking for apologies, we just dont want things getting personal on here.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:42 pm 
Post subject:

Complaints should be kept private. He hadn't any need to air his grievance in public. If you didn't reply to his pm (unlikely) then he only had to follow it up with a 2nd pm

I always assume that those who shout too loud are in the wrong.
("Methink you protesteth too much")

Dan
gurulion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:32 pm 
Post subject:

The end, hopefully, of a quite bizarre episode.

I read his continued rant on another thread. Frankly, I still can't see what point he was trying to make.

He was, in effect, having a go at someone wanting to find out what tickets he had to sell. He blames a potential customer for his spending two hours making a list out and pricing them. Hello...? I am missing something here? Wasn't it he who wanted to sell them in the first place?

One would then reasonably assume that he would have a list of items and prices. The fact that the guy, in the end, didn't want what he had is hardly the customer's fault.

And if a customer doesn't want to give a blanket statement of all his requirements to someone he doesn't particularly know then, as both a vendor and collector, he should understand this. It is not exactly unheard of for unscrupulous sellers to up their price on items they know someone wants to buy.

Strange guy.

And all that needs to be said about keeping any perceived communication problems he had with Craig and co private rather than public has been, and rightly so.

Still, at least in fairness to the guy, he put me to rights about him being a life-long Arsenal supporter from Islington. That's me told and I doff my fedora accordingly. But as he has been supporting them since 1965, when he was nine, which makes him almost exactly the same age as I, one might have reasonably expected him to behave like a grown up and to have learnt something about the ways of the world; to understand that in life there are time-wasters and the suchlike.

People have been responding to my requests for pre-war Millwall progs on my e-mail. One guy wanted to swap a 44/45 programme he has worth about £45/50 for a pre-war worth about £300. I just laughed it off and politely declined. Enjoying at least a passing understanding of human nature, I expected someone to try it on and I wasn't disappointed.

However, according to this good ol' Arsenal288, it's Craig's fault...everyone's. Except his, even for wanting to get money off others but not willing to put in some basic work for it.

Right. At least Arsenal288 has given me a fresh task to do. I am going to jump in my car to go and find an exotic location he mentioned. Couldn't locate it on Google; or in The Times World Atlas or my car map. But, I'm hoping to find it somewhere between Chester, Fraserburgh, Buckingham and Mansfield....Yep, "Chesterfuckingfield" here I come...
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:55 am 
Post subject: gurulion

SoMewhere between Fraseburgh and BuckinghaM? That's about the wholeofthefuckinguk!
gurulion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:02 pm 
Post subject:

I ay be gone soe tie....
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:44 pm 
Post subject:

Just a message to everyone - Following Arsenal288s inability to hold a civilised conversation on here and also his message of personal abuse to a fellow member today via Private Messages his account has been suspended.

Its a shame as this is the first time anyone has ever had to be banned. I would like that he contacts us in future and decides he would like to come back but i doubt that will happen so instead the forum will go on happily without him Nod
Markyboy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:52 pm 
Post subject: arsenal288

This guy mailed me asking a question about one of my posts. He PM'd me the day after i left for my 2 week holiday break and I PM'd him today the day after I got back. I have now seen this post which I feel is very unfair. I have only been on this site for a short period but was ecstatic when I found it. Yes- some of my posts haven't been answered but probably because I am asking quite obscure questions which I am sure we all ask as we are trying to find a very specific programme or ticket to fill our collection. I for one think the guy who runs this site and all his admin helpers are doing a great job. Keep up the good work. Yours,

M
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: