Football Programmes Centre

November
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
November
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> A programme from this day in history
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:49 pm 
Post subject:

68 years ago (1945) and a Football League North fixture between Sheffield Wednesday and Blackpool.

The programme is a slim 6 page fold out style issue with a page of notes on Blackpool, fixtures, league tables, team line-ups and a half-time scoreboard.

There was also a weekly autograph, this one being Cyril Turton.

The Owls won 3-2 in front of 25,000 spectators.

bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:32 pm 
Post subject:

63 years ago (1950) and a 1st Division fixture between Stoke City and Blackpool.

A 12 page programme was issued containing lots of adverts, club notes, notes on the visiting team, line-ups, fixtures, a league table and a half-time scoreboard.

There was also a Portrait Gallery feature which in this issue was Harry Oscroft.

Stoke won 1-0 in front of just under 40,000 spectators.

sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:48 pm 
Post subject:

40 years ago, November 11th 1973

The official match programme for the Thessaloniki derby game between Iraklis and Aris in the Greek League. Newspaper style

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Maidonian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:08 pm 
Post subject:

2006 and Maidenhead reach the 1st round of the FA Cup for the first time in 35 years and are drawn away to... Stafford Rangers. The Conference Premier side were, at the time, two divisions above us but, despite having two players sent off, we managed to draw 1-1 thanks in part to a 81st minute penalty miss from Neil Grayson - although in fairness, his tame effort was saved. 1,526 watched the game and the 48 page glossy programme sold out ages before kick-off.

PaulRStoke

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:23 pm 
Post subject: Stoke FC v Stafford Rangers 1911/12 Birmingham League

102 years ago the Potters hosted Stafford Rangers in a reserve game.

The game finished 1-1

Last edited by PaulRStoke on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:24 pm 
Post subject:

To the village of Morda, on the outskirts of Oswestry, for the local team's big day out...a Welsh Cup tie with Kidderminster.

28 page programme issued free with entry - mostly adverts from the local tradesmen but plenty coverage on the visiting team, at that point lying 2nd in the Conference (Morda were lying 7th in the Central Wales League).

Photo of the club's main stand below the programme scan.

bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:03 pm 
Post subject:

64 years ago (1949) and a 1st Division fixture between Blackpool and Derby County.

Blackpool were sitting 5th in the table with Derby in 9th just 2 points adrift.

Blackpool won 1-0 with Mortensen scoring the goal.

A standard 8 page programme was issued numbered 16.

Maidonian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:44 pm 
Post subject:

2011 and the first (and only) time Maidenhead have been drawn at home to league opponents in the FA Cup 1st round as Aldershot Town visited York Road.

In what would have been an ideal tie to be televised because of the historical significance of the occasion (140 years since the first competition, Maidenhead being one of the original 15 contestants, and playing one of first four fixtures in the competition on 11th November 1871 on the same York Road ground), we were overlooked because of our inability to satisfy the necessary TV entourage arrangements due to lack of space and facilities.

Nevertheless it was day that will not be forgotten, and the game ended in a 1-1 draw in front of 2,281 spectators. A disappointingly ordinary 48 page programme was issued priced £2.

Programme, ticket and teamsheet

One of four commemorative pennants produced for the game
BarnsleyCollector

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:44 pm 
Post subject:

12th Nov 1988 - Sheffield Senior Cup tie between Ash House (Whitbread County Senior League) and Stocksbridge Park Steels (Northern Counties East League Div 2)

Ash House were one of the top teams in the Sheffield area in the mid to late 80s regularly winning the County Senior League and quite often beat other local clubs in the County Cup. They were top of their League when this game was played with a 100% record. They played at the Sheffield Transport Ground at Meadowhead.

The programme is 20 pages with a glossy card cover. Inside is Chairman's Report, paragraph on Today's Opponents, Quiz, Match Facts (won 9-0 away the previous Saturday), Player Profiles (Paul Savage & Tony Pierpoint), League Table, Playing Record and Team Line Ups. Nice little programme.

derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:40 pm 
Post subject:

58 years ago and another away issue from Derby's days in the Third Division North.

A 5-2 win in front of 10,182 lifted the Rams to 3rd in the table, leaving Chester in 12th.

8 page issue is fairly basic though there is a whole page of quite detailed "club notes", everyone at the club obviously looking forward to the upcoming Annual Whist Drive.

Big day for the Chester Blue Coat Prize Band who had been offered the opportunity to entertain the crowd at half-time.

Maidonian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:32 pm 
Post subject:

1937 and a visit to Top Field, Hitchin for a Spartan League fixture which ended in a 1-1 draw. Hitchin finished 5th, Maidenhead 9th (of 14), Waterlows (Dunstable) won the title. Eight page programme printed black on pale yellow paper.

bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:52 pm 
Post subject:

65 years ago (1948) and a 1st Division fixture between Portsmouth and Blackpool.

The programme is a 6 page, slim, fold out type with club notes, details on the Blackpool players, 1st and reserve team fixtures, league tables and a half-time scoreboard. There were also plenty of adverts.

There is no indication of opponents on the cover.

The match ended 1-1 with just under 45,000 in attendance.

Mortensen scored Blackpool’s goal with a penalty for the second game running with Harris scoring for Portsmouth.

BarnsleyCollector

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:45 pm 
Post subject:

Large single sheet programme was produced for Bradford Park Avenue Reserves v Sheffield Water Works for the Yorkshire League match played at Park Avenue on 13th Nov 1971.

If anyone has anymore of these, please get in touch.

Other Yorkshire League programmes in this flikr set:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/barnsleycollector/sets/72157630012468246/
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:45 pm 
Post subject:

This day in 1965 and a trip to Anfield for Northampton. Not a happy one, though, as the home team won 5-0 in front of 41,904 thus dropping the Cobblers to the foot of the table.
The 16 page programme is a very good read with plenty in-depth coverage on the visiting team.
Another programme I bought from a dealer who hadn't spotted the match ticket nestling inside!
On the same day, the Cobblers reserves beat Coventry 3-1 in front of 2,121 spectators.
A4 single sheet programme was issued costing a penny. Blank on the reverse.
Cobblers reserve homes are quite hard to find for this particular season, though.

bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:43 pm 
Post subject:

As it is yet another international break (getting fed up of these) here is an England friendly from 1973.

This was against Italy at Wembley where Fabio Capello scored the only goal in a victory for the Italians.

The programme was a standard issue of 16 pages.

sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:51 pm 
Post subject:

BarnsleyCollector wrote:
Large single sheet programme was produced for Bradford Park Avenue Reserves v Sheffield Water Works for the Yorkshire League match played at Park Avenue on 13th Nov 1971.

If anyone has anymore of these, please get in touch.

Other Yorkshire League programmes in this flikr set:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/barnsleycollector/sets/72157630012468246/

Love this Barnsley, the No4 for Sheffield Waterworks looked good, but he was a bit wooden.

Gutted to have missed the Yorkshire Wrestlers v Calender XI which was advertised Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Maidonian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:23 pm 
Post subject:

1967 and a Wycombe Floodlight League Cup tie away to Woking which Maidenhead won 2-1. The Cards finished 4th, the Magpies 5th in a group of six won by Slough Town. Four page porogramme issued printed black on white.

BarnsleyCollector

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:17 pm 
Post subject:

Love this Barnsley, the No4 for Sheffield Waterworks looked good, but he was a bit wooden.

Gutted to have missed the Yorkshire Wrestlers v Calender XI which was advertised Sad[/quote]

Thanks Sharrow - am guessing Big Daddy was in goal for Yorkshire Wrestlers, but were there enough to turn out a decent XI ?
BarnsleyCollector

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:27 pm 
Post subject:

14th November 1970 - Bridlington Trinity v Rawmarsh Welfare at Queensgate in the Yorkshire League. Rawmarsh were the current Champions and 2nd in the table while Bridlington were bottom

Large format with 8 pages. Club notes on page 3 are written by "Emerald Green" who bemoans the fact that they have just played 8 Cup games in a row and were happy to get back to League action. Five of those were FA Cup Qualifying Rounds and Replays.

Centre pages has the team line ups surrounded by adverts. Scorers and Next Home Match are on page 6 and Fixtures on the back page. The rest are adverts
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:26 pm 
Post subject:

City 1 Derby 1 in front of 31,817

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> A programme from this day in history All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: