Football Programmes Centre

Laurance Flannigan RIP.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Laurance Flannigan RIP.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nozer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:22 pm 
Post subject: Laurance Flannigan RIP.

Just heard the sad news of the passing of Laurance Flannigan of JJ Football Programmes ( Northern Ireland) Was a great help to me when starting my Distillery prog collection several years ago ,nothing was to much trouble to him had great service from his site, true gentelman.
RIP Sir.
jachaz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:36 am 
Post subject: Laurance Flannigan RIP

Just seen sad news about Laurance.

I had dealt with him over the years re my own Glasgow Rangers collection
and found him to be a very courteous and pleasant chap.

My thoughts and condolences to his family.
martino

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:26 am 
Post subject:

I am stunned. I did not know Laurence but we exchanged E Mails only about a week ago.

RIP
Fishy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:56 am 
Post subject:

I'm stunned also!

Had various dealing through the years via email - always positive.

A sad loss to the collecting world.

RIP
garyspain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:49 pm 
Post subject:

very very sad. Totally shocked. RIP Laurence. An absolute gent and far too young.
martino

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:04 pm 
Post subject:

LIke many others I have received the attached E Mail via Programme Monthly.

No need to say anything else.

------------
I would like to inform Programme Monthly readers that one of the best known programme collectors in Northern Ireland, Laurence Flanigan, died suddenly on 7th November following a massive heart attack.

He was just fifty-nine years old and had taken early retirement in September 2012. As the clergyman at his funeral service said, he had three great loves, his faith, his family and his football. His loss will be felt greatest by his wife Heather and his two daughters and our heartfelt sympathy goes out to them. Laurence was one of nature's gentlemen who had time for everyone. He was known and respected by all who came into contact with him.

I had the privilege of knowing Laurence for over thirty years and we did many exchanges over the years. His passion in football was Linfield and Rangers and I would think he must have had one of the best collections of Linfield items. He was also a club statistician and many years ago produced a list of home programmes issued by Linfield since the second world war. I have produced a few programmes for various semi-finals and finals over the years and Laurence was the first person I would turn to when Linfield reached that stage. He was always ready and willing to supply whatever I needed quite often at short notice.

Laurence was a faithful attender at the Northern Ireland monthly programme meetings and gave a talk at the October meeting displaying some of his prized items and it was very well received. He always took a stall at the annual Fair where Heather supplied the rest of the stall holders with goodies. I naturally always tried to get a stall beside him.

I understand that collectors may be owed either money or programmes, however I would ask that you do not contact his family at this time. Should I be of any help please get in touch via email and I will see what can be resolved.

John Duffy
[email protected]
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: