Football Programmes Centre

International Match Programme Collector
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
International Match Programme Collector

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aidanw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:36 pm 
Post subject: International Match Programme Collector

Hi all,
I'm new on here and just starting out as a collector and potential dealer of international football programmes, with an emphasis on World Cups and Euros, or notable old matches.

So far I've made various purchases from ebay, but with the nature of that site sometimes there's a good deal to be had, other times the prices get out of hand. Great if you're selling, but not if you're looking to buy at a reasonable price.

Do any of you have any other suggestions for where I should be looking?

World Cup Final matches are of particular interest - the older the more interesting of course since the recent ones are readily available. 1966 if obviously of particular interest, but that is naturally where the prices can skyrocket on ebay.

As far as dealing goes, if I spot opportunities to end up with multiple copies of the same thing then I would ideally like to sell and make a bit of money on them, which I planned to do on ebay also unless anyone has any other suggestions for that too?

There seems to be quite a little community of collectors and dealers on here, so I look forward to becoming part of the group.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:49 pm 
Post subject:

Welcome Aidan
I'm sure there are many people on here who can give you all sorts of advice.
And if I can tempt you into the world of original press photos, don't be afraid to ask.

From the 1970 World Cup semi final - Riva scores Italy's 3rd goal. This photo will be going onto my website tonight.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Posh1959

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:21 pm 
Post subject:

Hi and welcome to the forum. I am after Albania v Norway WC qualifier from June 2012, if you have a spare or if you can even tell me if you have seen a copy.
aidanw

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:59 am 
Post subject:

Albania v Norway is a little obscure for me I'm afraid - not sure I can help you with that one.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:13 pm 
Post subject:

A belated welcome to the forum. When you say you want to emphasise your collection/dealing on World Cup and Euros programmes, do you mean Finals, Qualifiers or both?

Individual Finals programmes for each game of course finished in 1974 in Germany (and before that they were only seen in Sweden 58 and Switzerland 54), since then it’s really been just a tournament brochure with perhaps something separate done for the Final. The Euro’s are a bit more haphazard although again individual match programmes were last seen at Euro 2000 I think.

Not sure there’s much money to be made from dealing purely in International programmes these days unless you pick up relative rarities at a good price and then sell them on, even away games for the UK nations normally come back in enough numbers to satisfy demand these days. That said, it remains a popular area of collecting.

Have a look at my website in my signature if it helps, from a Scotland perspective. Hopefully one day someone will follow suit with England and Wales websites (there’s a N.Ireland link on my webpage).
CelticViking

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:53 pm 
Post subject:

l have a few WC and euro Qualifiers to exchange . What l would like if at all possible please in exchange is Authentic autographs , be it on programmes, photo`s card`s, paper etc

I have the following-

02.05.79 Austria v Belgium Euro
14.10.81 Austria v Germany WC Q
22.09.82 Austria v Albania Euro
27.04.83 Austria v Germany Euro
31.08.96 Austria v Scotland WC Q
09.11.96 Austria v Lativa WC Q

09.09 81 Belgium v France WC Q
15.12.82 Belgium v Scotland Euro
09.11.83 Belgium v Switerland Euro

09.11.96 Germany v Northern Ireland WC Q
05.09.07 Holland v Belgium WC Q
17.10.90 Ireland v Turkey Euro
11.10.95 Liechtenstein v Northern Ireland Euro
09.11.96 Liechtenstein v Macedonia WC Q
21.09 83 Northern Ireland V Austria Euro
05.1096 Northern Ireland v Armenia WC Q
09.06.83 Sweden v Romania Euro
31.10.96 Wales v San Marino WC Q

EURO 96 Group C Prog - Germany, Czech Rep, Italy and Russia
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:24 pm 
Post subject:

30% off all ours at the moment, no risk all fixed prices

http://matchdaymemories.com/shop/international-football/nations.html
garyspain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:27 pm 
Post subject:

Albania normally just do VIP/Media only programmes in small numbers. They are tough to get even if you are at the game. Probably not a lot of use to you in thiis case.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:01 pm 
Post subject:

garyspain wrote:
Albania normally just do VIP/Media only programmes in small numbers. They are tough to get even if you are at the game. Probably not a lot of use to you in thiis case.

Gary, I heard Poland didn't issue against RoI in Poznan? doesn't bode well for us in Warsaw in March.
garyspain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:12 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
garyspain wrote:

Gary, I heard Poland didn't issue against RoI in Poznan? doesn't bode well for us in Warsaw in March.

Yes definitely didn't issue. Had planned to issue but both teams had new managers so my FA source told me they didn't have time. Their monthly magazine is now only produced in electronic format.

Colour teamsheet in VIP area and black and white one in the pressbox.

In Warsaw you can normally get the whole way around the stadium and go up and down so should be able to get to an area where teamsheets are handed out. It was the easiest of the 4 2012 Polish venues to get teamsheets.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:43 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers Gary, fingers crossed they're more organised this time, and I'll have a mooch around for teamsheets.
garyspain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:17 pm 
Post subject:

I wouldn't be shocked if they don't issue again but hopefully you will get a programme.

Tickets are scarce from our game btw. I couldn't get a single one off the ground as most of the hosts were "print at home" which I don't class as a collectable ticket. One only appeared on uk ebay and I didn't see any on Polish ebay.
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:25 pm 
Post subject:

I have about 100 internationals,mainly home nations,a few tournament programmes a lot of qualifiers.I would sell the lot for £20 but postage is a problem.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:05 pm 
Post subject:

garyspain wrote:
Tickets are scarce from our game btw. I couldn't get a single one off the ground as most of the hosts were "print at home" which I don't class as a collectable ticket. One only appeared on uk ebay and I didn't see any on Polish ebay.

We encountered that on our last visit to Iceland. The majority of home fans (and a sizeable number of Scotland fans who bought tix for the "home end"), had print your own tickets. The official Scotland allocation seemed to be the only "proper" tickets issued and they are not too common.

Is there a daily Polish sports paper issued as well? my last visit was 2001 and I cant quite remember.
garyspain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:21 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
garyspain wrote:

We encountered that on our last visit to Iceland. The majority of home fans (and a sizeable number of Scotland fans who bought tix for the "home end"), had print your own tickets. The official Scotland allocation seemed to be the only "proper" tickets issued and they are not too common.

Is there a daily Polish sports paper issued as well? my last visit was 2001 and I cant quite remember.

Przeglad Sportowy is the daily sports paper. decent match content incl lineups.

STS (local betting company) also distributed a betting newspaper at the game in Poznan. It had 80 pages of mainly betting info but match details and a Polish squad. They had a glass booth on the stadium concourse. Not a programme but collectable.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:31 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers Gary, I'll have a good hunt round for bits and pieces.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:02 pm 
Post subject:

I'm assuming aidanw didn't stick around then.......
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: