Football Programmes Centre

Pre-Season silly season begins LOL
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pre-Season silly season begins LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
addicks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:15 pm 
Post subject: Pre-Season silly season begins LOL

Charlton go over to Ireland to play 2 friendlies Wexford Youth and Bray Wanderers. The 1st game against Wexford from the 2nd division in Ireland gets sold out due to 300 programmes only being printed. The programme immediately becomes available on Ebay and ended going for £52. My £45 bid was only 3rd highest. Luckily (the wife may not agree) it appears this seller has more than one copy and I was able to get it for £45. But it was a lot to pay for a pre-season. To be fair to the seller he did throw in a Bray programme for free, so i got both for £45.

Just hoping further ones dont become available at a lot cheaper price. The one on there at the moment has 5 days to go and is £5.50.

The joys of not being able to get to pre-season friendlies.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:42 pm 
Post subject:

Indeed.

I tend not to bother - the club play several (first team. reserves) pre-season games.

If I go to the game then probably would - ie home ones and the odd away one.

You got to draw the line - sometimes.
badhand

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:35 pm 
Post subject:

ToffeeDan wrote:
Indeed.

I tend not to bother - the club play several (first team. reserves) pre-season games.

If I go to the game then probably would - ie home ones and the odd away one.

You got to draw the line - sometimes.

I agree with you. I collect friendlies if they are easy, and not too bothered if I don't get one.

Bristol Rovers have played two first team and two reserve friendlies this season. Currently I am standing at 0 out of 4 Smile
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: