Football Programmes Centre

Lowland League 1st issuers update
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Lowland League 1st issuers update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:01 pm 
Post subject: Lowland League 1st issuers update

Only now awaiting Selkirk's first home game for the set, and should hopefully have that this week.

Have contacted a number of clubs about having an article from me in their programmes describing each club's first issue and some have agreed (all free, so no problem there)

DALBEATTIE STAR vs Threave Rovers 13.08 8 pages including card cover, cover price £1

EAST KILBRIDE THISTLE vs Whitehill Welfare 13.08, no price given (mine were sent gratis through the pub) 4pp glossy issue, individually numbered.

EDINBURGH CITY vs Spartans 10.08. Cover price £2 for 36 pages, and very informative.

GALA FAIRYDEAN ROVERS vs Edinburgh City 20 glossy pages, and a very slick production, dated 13.08 and 17.08 as it doubles up with the Tuesday night game vs Dalbeattie. Cover price £2

GRETNA 2008 vs Selkirk 13.08 24 high quality pages. No rpice given on cover, but £2 cover price charged.

PRESTON ATHLETIC vs Dalbeattie Star 10.08 24 b&w pages. Cover price £1

SPARTANS vs Vale of Leithen 13.08, but number 2 as a programme was produced for a ffriendly or Ramsden's Cup tie (?) 20 glossy pages including stiff cover. Cover price £1.50

THREAVE ROVERS vs Whitehill Welfare 17.08 (their first 2 games were away, so last club to produce their 1st programme) 12 glossy pages for £1.50

UNIVERSITY OF STIRLING 10.08 Cover price £2 (although I was charged £2.50 each pre-ordering) 12 glossy pages

VALE OF LEITHEN vs Gretna 2008 10.08 12 glossy pages, no cover price given but £1 each

WHITEHILL WELFARE vs Gala Fairydean Rovers 10.08 28 pages with glossy cover. Cover price £1, this was their seventh issue of the season!

When I get the Selkirk one, will have 2, maybe sets, professionally bound.
das

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:28 pm 
Post subject:

There was definitely a programme for the Spartans v Threave Rovers ramsdens cup game so I would think that was issue no1
Drvonshineck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:53 pm 
Post subject:

John,

How many of your sets are you selling and how much are you selling for?

Will one be listed on ebay?
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:50 am 
Post subject:

das wrote:
There was definitely a programme for the Spartans v Threave Rovers ramsdens cup game so I would think that was issue no1

But I'm collecting their first home league games in the Lowland League, not friendlies or cup games, as it's the League's inaugural season.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:52 am 
Post subject:

One will definitely be sold, and that will be on ebay as I want to realise as much money for Auchinleck Talbot.

I see there's been only 3 or 4 issues for sale individually on ebay up to now, which is good, as it makes the set quite attractive to non league collectors I would imagine. The individual copies each went for between £3 and £5, so on that basis am hoping for between £40 and £60 for a set.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: