Football Programmes Centre

Swansea Town v Merthyr Welsh Cup Final 1949
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Swansea Town v Merthyr Welsh Cup Final 1949

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KevinMorgan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:16 pm 
Post subject: Swansea Town v Merthyr Welsh Cup Final 1949

Hi all,

I have had a Swansea Town v Merthyr Welsh Cup Final 1949 Pictorial programme donated to me to sell on behalf of the current Save The Martyrs campaign to keep Merthyr Tydfil Football Club alive.

Anyway, my question is (I'm a complete amateur with programmes) how much is it worth? I'll be putting it up for sale on ebay and don't want to under or over price the price. I'd like to get it on there as a fair price, and see how it goes.

This is the item:

Thanks for your help.

Kevin Morgan
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:31 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry but i cant really help you with the price but i suspect the poor condition of the programme will reflect badly on the price.

However ive been keeping an eye on the things that geri414 is selling on behalf of the Supporters Trust. Its a terrible shame that the trust has been forced to become so critical to the clubs future after the actions of people at the club.

Hopefully everything will be okay as it wouldnt be the same not playing Merthyr every year.
KevinMorgan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:39 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the reply Craig. I figured the poor condition of the programme would be a problem, I wasn't sure with it being from 1949 what it would be worth as I guess it's fairly rare. These things are worth what someone will pay for things, I guess!

Thanks for your kind words about the club too, hopefully we'll be back to our regular preseason friendlies as of next summer! I hear a possible friendly in an international break some time during the season could be on the agenda (we're hoping anyway!) so we might see you then!
cardiff55

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:01 pm 
Post subject:

Hi, sadly it's not an official programme, but either a pirate or a magazine issue done by a firm in Cardiff around that time. Shame about the condition, but there are a lot of serious Swansea collectors who will pay good prices. Difficult to judge but anything from 99p to £10 is my guess, more if it didn't have the cellotape.

Tony
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: