Football Programmes Centre

World Record price for a programme!!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
World Record price for a programme!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LCFCmatt

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:22 pm 
Post subject: World Record price for a programme!!

Just came across an article on the BBC News website:

1882 FA Cup final programme between Old Etonians and Blackburn Rovers sells for world record price of £35,250 Shocked
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22532857
Nice to see the programme was bought by the Old Etonians Football Club and will go on display at Eton College's Museum of Eton Life.

www.programmebinders.co.uk
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:23 pm 
Post subject:

Lovely item. I bet Auctioneer Graham Budd was " thrilled" at the price. A big pay day for him. Thumbs Up I wonder if they want to do a swop?
I got a Fergie first and last game. AND a flag....
BCFC_1875

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:54 am 
Post subject: first world cup 1930

i think the 1st programme for the world cup final went for over £50000 didnt it ? i could be wrong but am sure it was posted on here few years back
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:33 pm 
Post subject: Re: first world cup 1930

BCFC_1875 wrote:
i think the 1st programme for the world cup final went for over £50000 didnt it ? i could be wrong but am sure it was posted on here few years back

I have in my collection a official lithographic poster for the 1st ever World Cup Final - Yours for £50,000

If you mean the 1930 World Cup i'm not convinced that a programme exists for the first World Cup Final. There is a however a tournament programme but it's not worth that much, £750-£1000 is the price they normally sell for,

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:38 pm 

1980Cossie wrote:
BCFC_1875 wrote:

I have in my collection a official lithographic poster for the 1st ever World Cup Final - Yours for £50,000

If you mean the 1930 World Cup i'm not convinced that a programme exists for the first World Cup Final. There is a however a tournament programme but it's not worth that much, £750-£1000 is the price they normally sell for,

Well Done Cossie
We can always rely on you with your knowledge and incredible items from the World Cup and European Competitions! Cannot imagine what you would have unearthed had HTFC played in the European Cup in the mid 1950's Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:56 pm 
Post subject:

Wrexham & Newport away in the FA Cup is about the closest they ever got to the European Cup Laughing
BCFC_1875

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:21 pm 

1980Cossie wrote:
BCFC_1875 wrote:

i could be wrong but am sure the record is for a world cup final programme in 1930 or 1934 i could have been posted on here or i read it on line a report in a newspaper
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: