Football Programmes Centre

Rangers Glasgow away in Europe 1969
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rangers Glasgow away in Europe 1969
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cooper11

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:51 pm 
Post subject:

Can anyone advise that there are 2 issues different covers for

Clydebank v Rangers 14/09/85

I am sure there are 2 covers...
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:26 pm 
Post subject:

It appears that there is because if you click on the link to the Rangers programme site that bankies has posted you'll see that he has left a space for another Clydebank programme beside the one listed.
kpswannie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:25 pm 
Post subject:

Im sure is something as simple as 1 issue has a capital 'P' and the other has a lower case 'p' on the word programme

My mate who sits beside me at Ibrox finally got to the botton of this a couple of years back

Im sure this was his findings , will ask him and get back to you all !
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:38 pm 
Post subject:

To tell you the truth i'm not that bothered about certain issues. I haven't really got into reserve issues, I have a few postponed, i'm not interested at all in pirates,two different for the one match is quite interesting to me but if it is something like you have described Robert , I think that is too bizarre for me.I think I would have to have a collection like yours to even consider going there.
kpswannie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:36 pm 
Post subject:

Bankie boy wrote:
Eck wrote:
kpswannie wrote:
According to the Glasgow Rangers Collectors Club guide to Rangers programmes published in 1989 there was no programme for this match Shocked

It could well be a pirate but never the les its a very rare and unique item Cool

Swannie is there a list online of Rangers programmes. There are a lot I am in the dark about eg Am I right in saying there was no programme issued for the 71 Scottish cup final replay also the two 79 replays?

Have you seen this Eck?

http://www.sargesprogrammes.net63.net/

Bankie Boy , had a browse through your website and have got to say its brilliant Easy ( And that's coming from a Pollok fan as well) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I was looking at the photos and seen the colour one of a Rangers v Clydebank match at Ibrox (1977/78 I presume) of Peter McCloy (I still have nightmares about him) punching the ball as a Bankies player tries to head it.
Do you have any background about this photo, it looks to me as if it could be a still from the TV ?
The reason I am asking is that ,I have never seen any footage from a Rangers v Clydebank game from this season and Would love to see it if possible Laughing

Cheers

Swannie
Eck

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:48 am 
Post subject:

Bankie boy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:26 am 
Post subject:

kpswannie wrote:
Bankie boy wrote:
Eck wrote:
kpswannie wrote:
According to the Glasgow Rangers Collectors Club guide to Rangers programmes published in 1989 there was no programme for this match Shocked

It could well be a pirate but never the les its a very rare and unique item Cool

Swannie is there a list online of Rangers programmes. There are a lot I am in the dark about eg Am I right in saying there was no programme issued for the 71 Scottish cup final replay also the two 79 replays?

Have you seen this Eck?

Bankie Boy , had a browse through your website and have got to say its brilliant Easy ( And that's coming from a Pollok fan as well) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I was looking at the photos and seen the colour one of a Rangers v Clydebank match at Ibrox (1977/78 I presume) of Peter McCloy (I still have nightmares about him) punching the ball as a Bankies player tries to head it.
Do you have any background about this photo, it looks to me as if it could be a still from the TV ?
The reason I am asking is that ,I have never seen any footage from a Rangers v Clydebank game from this season and Would love to see it if possible Laughing

Cheers

Swannie

Thanks a lot kp, its my labour of love which I'm really proud of.
The picture you are talking about is a League cup sectional game at Ibrox from 72-73 and the Bankies player trying to head the ball is none other than Andy Roxburgh. I actually scanned it from the cover of a Scottish Football Book from the following season. Also noticed a wee bit of debate about two covers for the rangers game programme from sept 85, sorry to say their is definitely only one version of this cover.
Good luck to the Lok for next season looking forward to our customary six points lol. Laughing
Eck

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:54 pm 
Post subject:

I just had a look as well Bankie boy,that very is impressive. I doubt if i'll have anything that you don't have but i'll take a look because i've got hundreds of non Rangers Scottish programmes.

I'm a Pollok man myself btw.
Texas Ranger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:24 pm 
Post subject:

Guys, I'm wondering if someone can help with some info about an Ajax v Rangers super cup program. I know the original program from this game is quite rare, the original grey cover. I have the pirated version, the red cover. Anyone know how many of these were made and a value for it.
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:06 pm 
Post subject:

Texas Ranger wrote:
Guys, I'm wondering if someone can help with some info about an Ajax v Rangers super cup program. I know the original program from this game is quite rare, the original grey cover. I have the pirated version, the red cover. Anyone know how many of these were made and a value for it.

I'm pretty sure the Red issue was produced in Glasgow after the game, that was what I was told when I sold one on ebay for about £80 a few years back by a Rangers collector, he said it wasn't sold at the match it was just a reprint although they are nearly all sold as pirate programmes
Texas Ranger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:17 pm 
Post subject:

1980Cossie wrote:
Texas Ranger wrote:

I'm pretty sure the Red issue was produced in Glasgow after the game, that was what I was told when I sold one on ebay for about £80 a few years back by a Rangers collector, he said it wasn't sold at the match it was just a reprint although they are nearly all sold as pirate programmes

Cheers mate, I take it there aren't too many of them kicking around if it went for 80 pounds.
Texas Ranger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:23 pm 
Post subject:

Bankie boy wrote:
kpswannie wrote:
Bankie boy wrote:
Eck wrote:
kpswannie wrote:

Have you seen this Eck?

Cheers

Swannie

Thanks a lot kp, its my labour of love which I'm really proud of.
The picture you are talking about is a League cup sectional game at Ibrox from 72-73 and the Bankies player trying to head the ball is none other than Andy Roxburgh. I actually scanned it from the cover of a Scottish Football Book from the following season. Also noticed a wee bit of debate about two covers for the rangers game programme from sept 85, sorry to say their is definitely only one version of this cover.
Good luck to the Lok for next season looking forward to our customary six points lol. Laughing

That's a great site.

My favorite all time programme in my collection is a Rangers v Motherwell programme from the last game of the 1977-1978 season. Caught Davie Cooper just as he was coming off the team bus and he autographed it. Can still see him now signing it.
jimiblu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:23 pm 
Post subject: Re: Rangers Glasgow away in Europe 1969

col1111 wrote:
Please if anybody knows is it rare and worth anything? Seems that this is programme for both European matches Rapid - Vitoria and Steaua - Rangers played at same stadium on 01.10.1969. Punch-holes.

Interesting programme col, is it a one pager?
Hammy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:15 pm 
Post subject:

Hi there.i have a box full of rangers programmes and Scotland ones.i am looking to sell them they are all in great condition.can anybody point me in the right direction for pricing them etc?
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:09 pm 
Post subject:

Send a message to kpswannie,he is experienced at buying Rangers stuff and he will let you know what your stuff is worth. If you give me a list as well i'll offer you a fair price for anything I don't have.
Hammy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:12 pm 
Post subject:

Hi there.i have a box full of rangers programmes and Scotland ones.i am looking to sell them they are all in great condition.can anybody point me in the right direction for pricing them etc?
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:31 pm 
Post subject:

Hammy wrote:

Start by listing them on here.
Texas Ranger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:01 am 
Post subject:

Hammy wrote:

I might be interested in some too. Post a listing of them.
Eck

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:19 am 
Post subject:

I have a few European aways,nothing special.

Last edited by Eck on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
sneathen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:27 am 
Post subject:

Glasgow Rangers away in Europe 1969.
Should now be difficult to find it. I saw a lot of sites are football shirt in recent years.
Glasgow Rangers Shirt:http://www.footballtshirtuk.com/Glasgow-Rangers-Shirt.html.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: