Football Programmes Centre

Rangers Glasgow away in Europe 1969
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rangers Glasgow away in Europe 1969
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
col1111

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:15 am 
Post subject: Rangers Glasgow away in Europe 1969

Please if anybody knows is it rare and worth anything? Seems that this is programme for both European matches Rapid - Vitoria and Steaua - Rangers played at same stadium on 01.10.1969. Punch-holes.

Driver8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:06 pm 
Post subject:

I would say it is rare. I don't remember seeing this before, and indeed had it down as a non issue in my notes. I would estimate a value in excess of £100.
Rangers FC are obviously very collectable especially rare aways in Europe.
Perhaps a dedicated Rangers FC collector could comment more specifically on its value.
NB: It wasn't unusual for some early season European ties to have been played as 'double headers'. I've noted this before in Hungary and Poland, also from around the late 1960's / early 1970's period.
Eck

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:09 pm 
Post subject:

Rangers played Steaua Bucharest away on 17/9/69 and won 2-0 A very collectable item I would say because i've never seen it before. Punch holes is a problem collectors hate that. I have only 3 with punch holes i'm not a stickler for condition but I would hope to replace these 3. The national stadium in Bucharest used to be called "August 23 stadium" so that isn't a date at the top. Good luck with it anyway.
kpswannie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:49 pm 
Post subject:

According to the Glasgow Rangers Collectors Club guide to Rangers programmes published in 1989 there was no programme for this match Shocked

It could well be a pirate but never the les its a very rare and unique item Cool
Eck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:15 am 
Post subject:

kpswannie wrote:
According to the Glasgow Rangers Collectors Club guide to Rangers programmes published in 1989 there was no programme for this match Shocked

It could well be a pirate but never the les its a very rare and unique item Cool

Swannie is there a list online of Rangers programmes. There are a lot I am in the dark about eg Am I right in saying there was no programme issued for the 71 Scottish cup final replay also the two 79 replays?
kpswannie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:41 am 
Post subject:

Nothing issued for the 1971 replay or both 1979 replays , there used to be a cracking website rangershistory.com but it was shut down about 2 years ago Crying or Very sad

If you need any info don't hesitate to ask , I also have about 7 years of notes from ebay , prices for Rangers items that have been sold in that time , if you require any info at all just ask Smile

If you want to give me your wants list to ,I will see if I have anything spare Smile
Texas Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:07 am 
Post subject:

kpswannie wrote:
Nothing issued for the 1971 replay or both 1979 replays , there used to be a cracking website rangershistory.com but it was shut down about 2 years ago Crying or Very sad

If you need any info don't hesitate to ask , I also have about 7 years of notes from ebay , prices for Rangers items that have been sold in that time , if you require any info at all just ask Smile

If you want to give me your wants list to ,I will see if I have anything spare Smile

First post on here guys. Used to collect Rangers programmes when I lived in Scotland but that was 25 years ago. I brought a couple of hundred of my favorites to Texas. Seriously thinking of getting back into it. I can vouch for the 79 replays as I was at all three games and they resold the original at both the replays.
Eck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:10 am 
Post subject:

Nice one mate. It is not only a great pastime but also very therapeutic. Enjoy the forum.
Texas Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:13 am 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
Nice one mate. It is not only a great pastime but also very therapeutic. Enjoy the forum.

Thanks. It seems like there is a lot of knowledge on here from what I've seen.
Eck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:22 am 
Post subject:

I have a lot of knowledge about Rangers but not about programmes. Here is a site that you can get every Rangers result in major competitions.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/rangers/2012-2013/results

Where in Scotland did you live?

Last edited by Eck on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Texas Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:25 am 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
I have a lot of knowledge about Rangers but not about programmes. Here is a site that you can get every Rangers result in competition.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/rangers/2012-2013/results

Where in Scotland did you live?

Glasgow.

I use the Statto site quite a bit.

Get back home quite often. I was at the Clyde and Queens Park games at Xmas.
Eck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:29 am 
Post subject:

Do you use Glasgow guide boards.? It's a great site for ex-pats Urban Glasgow is also a good site for old and new photo's of Glasgow.

I am from Glasgow - Govan,Priesthill,Househillwood,Hillington,Cardonald, now Crookston.
Eck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:33 am 
Post subject:

Texas Ranger wrote:

I am a season ticket holder my nephews two kids have season tickets beside me.Their dad was off work on boxing day so I let them all go together. I was at the Queens Park match on the 29th though.
Texas Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:36 am 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
Texas Ranger wrote:

I am a season ticket holder my nephews two kids have season tickets beside me.Their dad was off work on boxing day so I let them all go together. I was at the Queens Park match on the 29th though.

Lucky you. I'm missing the football already. Can't wait for the new season. Time to call it a night here. Thanks for the welcome.
Bankie boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:27 pm 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
kpswannie wrote:

Swannie is there a list online of Rangers programmes. There are a lot I am in the dark about eg Am I right in saying there was no programme issued for the 71 Scottish cup final replay also the two 79 replays?

Have you seen this Eck?

http://www.sargesprogrammes.net63.net/
kpswannie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:34 pm 
Post subject:

The guy has some crackers in his collection , the April 1980 Morton v Rangers was never on public sale Shocked
Eck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:58 pm 
Post subject:

Bankie boy wrote:

Have you seen this Eck?

http://www.sargesprogrammes.net63.net/

Cheers man,no I haven't seen it, i've bookmarked it now.
cooper11

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:33 pm 
Post subject: Re-Hi

Hi

Just joined today it is my website for the Rangers programmes

If anyone has any I need for a small fee please let me no

I also have ALL homes from last season all with match reports in great condition if anyone wants to buy them as a starter?
Eck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:28 pm 
Post subject: Re: Re-Hi

cooper11 wrote:
Hi

I also have ALL homes from last season all with match reports in great condition if anyone wants to buy them as a starter?

Fantastic collection mate. I didn't know there was 2 versions of the 64/65 LCF I noticed you had the blue version on your site and not the red,Is there a reason for that?
Bankie boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:14 pm 
Post subject: Re: Re-Hi

cooper11 wrote:
Hi

Alan, welcome to the forum mate.
Clydebank v Rangers game now re-scheduled for Thurs 15th August still got your address so will send you a programme.

Stevie
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: