Football Programmes Centre

Ticket on Ebay
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ticket on Ebay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 am 
Post subject: Ticket on Ebay

chelseachris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:20 pm 
Post subject:

Unbelievable, although Chelsea did win the League Cup that season.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:31 pm 
Post subject:

That is crazy. Those Chelsea fans again. The daft thing is, once word gets around, expect to see 2,3,4 or more of these tickets go on sale. Probably with a bargain (?) Buy It Now for £399
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:23 pm 
Post subject: Re: Ticket on Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/csc/Foot.....mp;_sop=16

I make that about £2500 for a few tickets, beats even finding a few old pictures of Peter Bonetti!!
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:49 pm 
Post subject:

And have you noticed that identical tickets for a number of the fixtures appear to have been sold twice.

For example the Blackpool one sold for £3.20 on 24th February and then for £145 on 6th March.

Of course it likely the seller had more than one ticket for a number of these games and used the same pictures but why the huge difference in price?
gatfb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:01 pm 
Post subject:

They were bought for an agreed price (greater than that shown) and then removed from ebay. Payment was made but then seller refused to send items as someone had contacted him regarding people prepared to pay more. He then relisted them.

In the end it worked out well for seller as there are few idiots out there with more money than sense at the moment. Still, bet it came as a shock to Mr S not to win some of the more exspensive ones.
Poolec

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:15 am 
Post subject: Tickets

Doesn't sound very straight to me. Firstly i think if someone lists something on ebay they should be prepared to let it run its course - however I can see how if you get a price you don't think the auction will ever get near why you're going to remove it from the auction.

But to agree a price and take payment but refuse to release the goods because you get a call to say someone might pay more, then re-list? i would think if they have proof of agreement on price and paid it then it's legally binding.
gatfb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:46 am 
Post subject:

I can assure you there is proof of purchase and payment (since refunded) but, legality aside the time effort and money it would cost to persue a legal claim seems hardly worth the effort.

I do know the original buyer is very annoyed at events but, it seems his only worthwhile comeback is to leave negative feedback (ebay were notified of events but have taken no action as far as I know).
Poolec

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:57 am 
Post subject:

A decent lawyer should sort their costs out if there's genuine proof of contract but my point was really it's just morally wrong to deal in that way.

That said i fully understand it's very hard to do anything about it other than name and shame. Even then unless it's a dealer would have little impact.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: