Football Programmes Centre

Ebay Auction Sniper.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ebay Auction Sniper.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speedykev

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:59 pm 
Post subject: Ebay Auction Sniper.

I currently use HammerSnipe however it's restricted to a maximum of 3 bids per 7 days. You have to pay for a Subscription to gain Unlimited Snipe bids (6 month Subscription cost $34.99).

I'm looking for an auction sniper which is reliable and allows Unlimited Snipe bids (Or more than I can currently use) preferably for free or certainly at a much lower Subscription cost. Can anyone help?
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:22 pm 
Post subject:

addicks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:32 pm 
Post subject:

I use goofbid.com

Seems to do the trick Nod
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:10 pm 
Post subject:

I use myibidder

works for me.....

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:12 pm 
Post subject:

pompeypete wrote:
I use myibidder

works for me.....

it doesnt seem to be working today Mad
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:37 pm 
Post subject:

www.auctionsniper.com

i have pissed that many people off over the years using this i will not change! Laughing

Leslie Millman is manchesterunitedman1 Wave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
PABLO76

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:45 pm 
Post subject:

Serious question, what is the point?

I've been registered on Ebay, using it regularly to buy and sell for 10 years, and never needed this. Or have I ?
Eck

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:09 pm 
Post subject:

You have to top my maximum bid no matter what tools you use so I don't have a problem with that.
MaccProgrammesWanted

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:26 pm 
Post subject:

It prevents bidding wars or someone constantly bumping up the price to reach your maximum bid. Ultimately it usually means you can get the item cheaper
Eck

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:43 pm 
Post subject:

My normal process when bidding on ebay is to make an opening bid jst to put it on my bidding list where I can keep tabs on it and if i'm around near the end of the auction I make a maximum bid.
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:35 pm 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
www.auctionsniper.com

i have pissed that many people off over the years using this i will not change! Laughing

ditto. Absolutely superb, very rarely bid on anything any other way - people have no idea you are even going to bid, then bam! Always 5 secs from the end, why go any earlier!

Just have to make sure there's enough balance to pay for the snipe
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:15 am 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
www.auctionsniper.com

ditto. Absolutely superb, very rarely bid on anything any other way - people have no idea you are even going to bid, then bam! Always 5 secs from the end, why go any earlier!

You pair of utter bounders. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Eck on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:45 am 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
Dorking wrote:
www.auctionsniper.com

You pair of utter bastards. Crying or Very sad

By eck-Been called a lot worse, but then i honestly don't give a Fxxk-it is my money and i am winning it fair and square and i reckon i lose out to others sniping too many times anyway-alls fair in love and war so if your serious then you need to wake up it's 2013 and if ur not go collect dried flowers i hear those guys are evil to deal with!! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:12 am 
Post subject:

Of course i'm not serious but we're not bidding on the same stuff anyway but I have a system that works for me and as far as i'm concerned whoever is the highest bidder has won it fair and square and it doesn't matter how you do it. I don't have to worry about that anyway because I mostly buy run of the mill items on ebay I won't be going for the stuff you guys buy for a while yet but i'm getting there. I've bought some seriously good items from people on here though. Eric the Hibernian guy has some seriously good stuff.
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:41 am 
Post subject:

I must be very green........doesn't it take the "fun" out of it for you all?

I reckon these snipers are used a LOT more by record collectors, though, given the number of times I've lost out on vinyl with 4 or 5 seconds to go.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:29 am 
Post subject:

Steve

It is not a matter of being Green but a matter of accepting that all of us at some point have said enough is enough as we are tired of waiting around for the auction to end to get stiffed with seconds to go!-that is why i joined up. Yes of course if you do not bid enough you cannot come back and try again if you select a few seconds to go-but when u win it no other Fxxxer can get back in time!.

Besides where is the fun in not getting the items all the time and being 2nd!, today we are in a more competitive world, a pre WW1 programme of say Liverpool v United sold for £3-5 40 years ago as there were no issues, no one was looking to buy up the world and there was plenty of stuff about, dealers controlled the market, you never got to see what u orderedtill it arrived but now the collectors have taken over the lunatic asylum it is all different.

Long live the sniper, without it some of my better stuff would be in the hands of others and this is not an old fashioned "excuse me" dance today where you stand aside and let everyone one in as it has always been dog eat dog at all levels and some collectors did sell their grannies for sure!.

Most of us gave been turned as if we wish to compete against each other we have to use whatever advantages there are, sometimes you win and sometimes you do not and some may say that is the "new" fun.

Just an opinion of a battle hardened collector who has won more than he has lost but just like that old warrior Fergie aint ever gonna concedeanything unless you have too!.
Stourbridge Lion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:02 am 
Post subject:

Definitely with the Sniper Brigade on this one,I took some converting but after losing out on one particular programme I had been after for ages and when looking at the bidding history on the item(one bidder going up in minimum increments until he surpassed me) and with me being away from the computer I think if I had been using the sniper then it would be sitting in my collection now. It has saved me some money in the last 12 months and I would not be without it now!
Andrew BSFC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:46 am 
Post subject: Auction snipers

Surely auction snipers only work if nobody else is also using it? If there is more than one person using the same auction sniper for a particular programme then there is no certainty that you will win.
Or have I misunderstood how these work?
Stourbridge Lion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:53 am 
Post subject:

Yes if more than one person is using the snipe on one particular auction it still comes down to highest bidder wins,but it does give you more chance of winning an item if you happen to be the only sniper in an auction!
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:26 pm 
Post subject:

It is an adrenaline rush (maybe that's the wrong term!) watching an auction end 'live' and seeing the seconds tick down, knowing your snipe is primed and ready to go and what is about to happen.

Yes it is possible that someone else also has a snipe and if their maximum is more than mine then fair play, however quite often it is an item which I really want and I'd pay well over the odds for anyway. So I set my limit high and watch the others sink like a warship being torpedoed.

I only started with snipes because it kept happening to me with seconds to go every time. Enough is enough I thought! Like Leslie, many of my best items have been won via snipes. This is the beauty of ebay auctions for buyers compared to 'real' auctions where they could potentially go on forever, with two people raising the price up and up.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: