Football Programmes Centre

WEEKLY RANT THREAD
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
WEEKLY RANT THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flackwell Lad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:22 am 
Post subject:

It's true e-bay has many faults, but the fact is you can get some good bargains regarding programmes, there is no way you can get the same from a dealer. I have just checked out some of the other web sites listed here, and some of their prices are nothing short of extortion, no way will I pay between 1- 3 pounds for a general league match from the 80s concerning Wycombe Wanderers. So while e-bay has it's faults, it's still the best place for me to purchase programmes
paulo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:22 am 
Post subject:

Whilst I do agree that ebay is not helping the programme sellers (CDs as well for me) I remember the days when there was no such thing as paypal and you would spend weeks waiting for a cheque for a couple of £££s to turn up.

It would be better if ebay got rid of all charges on items under a tenner however I suspect that this area ia where it makes most of its money.

As has been said though, we all know the charges and if we dont like them, dont list.

I have set up my own website and whilst I have sold a few items from it, using Ebay I hav sold far far more!
James

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:17 am 
Post subject:

This Weeks rant is:

People in this country who can;t drive their cars arrrrrrrrggggghhhhh why is it that since January this year there has been a very severe downfall in the standard of driving on the roads in this country.

1.) no one knows what indicators are for anymore and if they do know no one b***dy uses them and the few that do use them wait until they have more or less turned off into the road/junction before they put them on.

2.) roundabouts seem to be things which cause so much confusion (if your turning right at a roundabout and have a choice of three lanes which do you choose, oh yes the right lane and cut everyone else up, retards).

3.) Why is it that when you have a three lane motorway people will sit in the outside lane doing 50 mph and will not pull over when the other two lanes are empty, are people f*****g retarded, the idea is that you sit in the nearside lane and the outside lane (or lanes) are for overtaking only, not sitting there causing a long queue, and when you undertake them (where they refuse to pull over) they look at you as though your in the wrong

4.) Why do people who need to turn off at junctions wait until the last minute to join the long queue for the turn off and when they do try to pull over into the inside lane/slip road, they block the other lane off, Get in the lane earlier you inconsiderate ****h**es you are not more important than anyone else in the queue so sit there and lump it like everyone else, don;t block other people's routes because your a scumbag, the same at roundabouts when there is a queue at one of the exits, why do people pull out and block off everyone else, just because they can;t go anywhere they seem to think it;s a great idea to block everyone else meaning no one can move.

5.) Speed limits, yes they are there for a reason, but when you are in a 50 mph zone can we please go faster than 20mph, i mean for gods sake it would be quicker for you to walk backwards, i'm not saying everyone should be doing 49/50 mph in a 50 zone but 35/40 mph is more than acceptable, but 20 is taking the michael.

6.) When the obstruction is on your side of the road (IE parked car, delivery van etc) you DO NOT have right of way, why do people think they have?? Is it because no one has any common sense nowadays? or the fact that everyone is a retard?

7.) Why do these numpty's (mainly driving beemers and merc's) have there fog lights on 99% of the time when they are driving no matter what time of day or what the weather conditions are like, the only use they have is alert people that someone driving like a complete k*** is coming down the road and any old grannies, small kids and women with push chairs need to get out of the road sharpish, because the driver wont see them as they're too busy adjusting there cd/radio or talking on thier phone.

8.) Cyclist's traffic lights apply to you as well, and if you jump them and a bus nearly hits you it YOUR fault not the bus drivers if he catches you

9.) but the ultimate prize goes to the people who despite the fact that every other car is parked one side of the road and there is plenty of room for them to park that side of the road, so you can still have two lanes of traffic (well except when a bus comes through), yet they think is is a sensible idea to park the opposite side of the road meaning very busy streets get reduced to one lane, oh the intelligence of people in this country never ceases to amaze me.
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:46 am 
Post subject:

As a new driver of only 2 months and only having my first car for 5 days I hope I never fall into the above brackets! Surprised
Flackwell Lad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:06 pm 
Post subject:

You think the drivers are bad in England James? You should think yourself lucky mate, you should see the morons here in Australia, you would soon see that what you have to put up with is'nt so bad after all.
Geddon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:29 pm 
Post subject:

James - agree with everything in your post mate, and I come across most of them every day as well, especially 2, 3 and 8.

Also an honourable mention to the clowns who, despite there being two lanes on a roundabout, one for straight on and one for turning right, insist on cutting right across the right hand land because it's easier than going round the outside, even if I'm right next to them attempting to turn right. It's happened so many times on the same roundabout, you think people would at least check to see there's nothing coming before doing it.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:24 pm 
Post subject: driving

The bastards that don't acknowledge your courtesy when you give them a right of way. Moving your hand up and down for two seconds won't hurt, unless you're arthritic and indulging in some kind of self abuse.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:58 pm 
Post subject:

haha - its like the FPC version of "Grumpy Old Men"
James

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:36 pm 
Post subject:

Flackwell Lad wrote:
You think the drivers are bad in England James? You should think yourself lucky mate, you should see the morons here in Australia, you would soon see that what you have to put up with is'nt so bad after all.

At least your roads are wider out there Smile

I was in the states a few years ago driving through Memphis and the tour guide was telling us about the people in Tennesse are happy with the tag they have of being the worst drivers in America, just as he was telling us there was a 6 car pile up in the inside two lanes.

Barrett wrote:
As a new driver of only 2 months and only having my first car for 5 days I hope I never fall into the above brackets!

Barrett everyone has their faults driving so don;t worry about it, my faults are I drive to fast and I let my passengers hold up signs saying "Stop Lane Hogging" "use inside lane" get off your mobile phone" when i overtake other vehicles, it's just the things i highlighted above really grind me, simple common sense things that people in this country can;t comprehend.

Craig wrote:
haha - its like the FPC version of "Grumpy Old Men"

I'm only 29 i still class that as young Very Happy (just)
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: