Football Programmes Centre

ahhhhh! Rotherham last programme needed again!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ahhhhh! Rotherham last programme needed again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulo

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:35 pm 
Post subject: ahhhhh! Rotherham last programme needed again!

Recently I collected all the away programmes from the Norwich Championship title win in 2003/04 and by far and away the hardest to get in mint condition was at Rotherham (thanks to ManCityMark -recently I finally got a truely mint copy).

I then decided to get a programme from my first visit to each ground (currently 91 diff grounds, inc clubs that have moved etc) and last night I was offered the three of the last four that I need, so when they turn up it will just be ROTHERHAM V Norwich 2001/02 that I need.

Why are Rotherham homes so hard to get?

Confused

We need to get some Rotherham fans on here quick! Very Happy
CarlisleUtdMem

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:52 pm 
Post subject:

I know I need their last at Millmoor (v Barnet) and first at the Don Valley (v Lincoln)...I've never seen them on sale and the games were played over 8 months ago. Grrr
paulo

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:41 pm 
Post subject:

Hopefully I will be up at your place this season Adam, as long as the fixtures are kind. Hopefully your programme wont be as hard to get! Laughing
CarlisleUtdMem

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:49 pm 
Post subject:

You'll have to buy before 2:30pm as there has been a few sell outs in the last few months due to the club printing less. Any problems though give me a shout.

Hopefully you'll enjoy the read, it is one of the better ones so you should be able to get to at least Scotch Corner before you put it down!

Just on our games - any suggestions for places to stay near Norwich (within 30 mins drive say) for a few nights away? I might see if I can pursuade the misses to make a weekend of it (should it fall that way).
gfcpaul

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:50 pm 
Post subject:

Can't find a copy of Rotherham v Gillingham from this season.
paulo

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:02 pm 
Post subject:

CarlisleUtdMem wrote:
You'll have to buy before 2:30pm as there has been a few sell outs in the last few months due to the club printing less. Any problems though give me a shout.

Hopefully you'll enjoy the read, it is one of the better ones so you should be able to get to at least Scotch Corner before you put it down!

Just on our games - any suggestions for places to stay near Norwich (within 30 mins drive say) for a few nights away? I might see if I can pursuade the misses to make a weekend of it (should it fall that way).

There are plenty of hotels & B&Bs (from very cheap and not that great - reasonably pricey) near the ground, there is plenty of resturants and bars near by, if you are looking for a bit more out of the city, let me know your price bracket and I come up with something for you.

Carlsile were one of the first teams I ever saw at Carrow Road, way back in 1985/86, not seen you since so looking forward to it.
CarlisleUtdMem

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:14 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks, I'll have a nosey when the fixtures come out and give you a shout. Smile

Well before my time 85/6, we were probably rubbish then too Surprised, I think our last games against each other must have been the league cup ties when you were top of the Prermiership. If I remember right Chris Sutton missed a penalty at Brunton Park and we drew 2-2.
paulo

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:22 pm 
Post subject:

85/86 was a division 2 fixture so you cant have been that bad. You are right about the league cup in 92/93, the home leg was a programme I was chasing recently. I am trying to think if I went, I think I did as it was a couple of seasons before I moved to London, so I am sure I did go.

In fact the last two season we have met have been two of our best in my supporting life 85/86 we won the Divison 2 title and 92/93 we finished third (!!!!) in the prem! Hopefully this means we will have another great season next year! Laughing
Senior82

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:38 am 
Post subject:

I've struggled with Rotherham progs too, fortunately I have all the league games now.

Maybe they just don't print many because their crowds are pretty shocking
gfcpaul

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:28 am 
Post subject:

Any idea's on where you might be able to pick up this seasons programmes ?
Programme Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:22 pm 
Post subject: Rotherham United 2008/09

Most Rotherham Uniteds 2008/09 home programmes available. Contact me if interested.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: