Football Programmes Centre

Dealers you would not recomend?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dealers you would not recomend?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dellboye

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:13 pm 
Post subject: Dealers you would not recomend?

I have just had a dealing with an ebay seller called johnanfield. I brought an item off him and paid him not long after the item ended. The item was delivered promptly but my problem is that I will not leave sellers feedback before they have left me some. He e-mailed me tday asking to leave him feedback of which i replied only when he leaved me some. I then got this reply "Forget it, buyer leaves feedback first" which i found quite rude. I know there will be mixed opinion on this but was I right to stand my guns and not leave feedback first?
Geddon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:24 pm 
Post subject:

Why does buyer leave feedback first?

Once the seller has your money, you've done everything that you're obliged to do, and they should be leaving feedback for you.
Dellboye

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:46 pm 
Post subject: Re: Dealers you would not recomend?

Dellboye wrote:
I have just had a dealing with an ebay seller called johnanfield. I brought an item off him and paid him not long after the item ended. The item was delivered promptly but my problem is that I will not leave sellers feedback before they have left me some. He e-mailed me tday asking to leave him feedback of which i replied only when he leaved me some. I then got this reply "Forget it, buyer leaves feedback first" which i found quite rude. I know there will be mixed opinion on this but was I right to stand my guns and not leave feedback first?

I sent hime this reply "you should leave feedback as soon as i paid because that is my part done" to which he replied "Every buyer leaves feedback first, if they are happy with purchase. You are the exception."
Dellboye

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:09 pm 
Post subject:

I then sent him this "What you dont get is that all the buyer needs to do is pay for the item which he has won. Once he has done this the seller should leave feedback straight away because the buyer has done his part of the deal. Once the item arrives (in good condition) the buyer should leave feedback. I was simply waiting for you to leave feedback before I left mine as I believe this is my interpretation of how feedback works."

To which he replied
"In every transaction I do, I wait to see if the buyer is happy with the item. It is no use me putting feedback (positive), if the buyer is going to send item back, and require a refund, which has never happened yet, but it might happen. That is why all the deals I have been part of, see the buyer leaving feedback first, then I am sure he or she is happy with the item."

To which I replied "The way I see why sellers dont leave feedback is because if a buyer is not happy with the item and leaves neutral/negative feedback before the seller has left feedback, the seller might leave a negative comment(even though they have to leave positive feedback) on the the buyers feedback profile in revenge for the buyer leaving what could have been a justified negative"

I am just wondering whether you think who is right or are we both. I still refuse to leave him feedback.?

Last edited by Dellboye on Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dellboye

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:14 pm 
Post subject:

I have given up conversing with him so will not reply to his last reply "We will have to agree to disagree, and forget the feedback"
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:25 pm 
Post subject: seller's feedback

See my posting re this issue - "grumpy old men2 I believe they're just a bunch of f*ckwits who think they're more knowledgeable than everyone else. There's an arrogance surounding such low lifes. You could always leave your feedback until about a minute before the 3 month deadline runs out and then expose him for the arse he is.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:32 am 
Post subject: Re: seller's feedback

Auchinleckian wrote:
You could always leave your feedback until about a minute before the 3 month deadline runs out and then expose him for the arse he is.

Go carefull trying that. The 3 month deadline isn't exact. Sometimes you can leave feedback a good 3-4 days after 3 months have passed. ebay do that to stop people doing what you suggest above. Swines aren't they lol.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
grimsbybarralad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:11 am 
Post subject:

I don't pretend to understand how the feedback rules work on e-bay. What I do know is that since October 2007 I've bought at least 400 items but only received 275 bits of feedback. This discussion is very interesting as I always leave my buyers feeback as soon as I receive the item and am happy with it. I fully accept the point about buyers having "done their bit" by paying. In my case this doesn't seem to have been acknowledged by a good proportion of the sellers. Sadly, since I read this thread I've looked at the timing of feedback received and in only 64 cases have I received feedback before I've given it.
foxes1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:39 pm 
Post subject: Feedback on Ebay

I have sold quite a lot on Ebay and bought the occasional item.
Think the problem with Ebay now is that the buyer can leave positive, neutral or negative feedback. Whilst a seller is not permitted to leave negative or neutral feedback, and a lot of sellers are getting nervous in case they leave positive and the buyer for some reason leaves negative.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:45 pm 
Post subject:

This is exactly why I now avoid ebay like the plague. I don't see it as buyer or seller's responsibility to leave feedback first. If you are happy, as buyer or seller, you leave feedback. Too many people on ebay wait to see what you have put, and then leave their feedback accordingly, irrespective of whether the deal was done well or not. So, in this dispute, I don't know who's side I'm on!! It just highlights the fact that ebay need to sort out their feedback system, as its crap at the moment, and has been since it started.
johnwells

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:17 pm 
Post subject: ticket seler on Ebay

i had a problem with a ticketseller on ebay, who i had dealt with outside of ebay for sometime.
they had a 70's league ticket both on the website and on ebay that at thetime i needed but i felt that the prices were exceedingly high, considering i had picked up 3 from different sellers same club same era for considerably less that being asked .

when i asked the very best price they retorted "that I always expect something for nothing" ,which is wrong as i have always offered to pay foranything I am kindly sent
in more than 40 years of collecting and selling programmes that isthe only grumbler i have had

they hid behind this ebay policy and refused to even answer polite requests.

dont think they trade now,unlesst hey hide behind anon

rather one sided i think

john
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
vinnie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:58 am 
Post subject:

This comes down to integrity, etiquette, or just plain to goodness "good manners". Once you have paid for the item you should receive positive feedback - end of story!
Unfortunately the way e-bay is set up means that this is not always the case; more like "I'll give you positive feedback if you do the same for me!"
How petty!
But that's how it appears to work.
People who use this attitude no longer get my business - and I've got 100% feedback to date.
OK - I'm a fuddy duddy old pensioner; but I was taught manners - do unto other people as you would have done to yourself. Unfortunately does not appear to have much credence today.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:16 am 
Post subject:

I totally agree Vinnie. I have recently sold about 6 items on ebay, and as soon as I received money through Paypal, I left feedback. On the other hand, I sent a cheque to a woman 3 weeks ago, she marked the items as payment sent, but didn't leave feedback.Presumably she is waiting for me to leave feedback, but I haven't received the items yet!! Ebay breeds childishness when it comes to leaving feedback, and I think true colours are shown when people trade on Ebay.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:58 pm 
Post subject:

I have just bought something on ebay. I paid within 2 mins and then recieved their automated email to tell me that they had received the order.
Part of this mail mentioned that could I leave feedback as soon as I receive the item and they will then do the same.
I will not leave my feedback 1st as I have paid and believe that I have done my part so should get my FB 1st.
Oh well no FB for this one then.

If all buyers refused to leave FB 1st then the sellers would have to change wouldn't they.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:05 pm 
Post subject:

I have a perfect ebay feedback record - although I have had to resort to negative feedback on a couple of purchases - damaged beyond repair in one instance or not received in another.

When I have sold items - which isn't often - I have had only moderate feedback on my postal charges (around 4.2 stars). Frankly this is more than disappointing as:

1. I would never charge more than the real postage cost (unlike some)
2. Have been known to absorb several pounds of loss on postage for misestimating
3. Always discount (totally not partially) for a multiple purchase - whereas:

a. I have experienced sellers who want to charge the full amount for NINE separate purchases - I agreed to cancel the purchases
b. I have been charged something like £15 for 20 odd programmes (£1.50 P&P per programme, so a minimal discount on the postage)
c. I refused to pay for both of 2 items instantly with £2.50 per item postage charge (discount was refused) - insisting that, if I had to pay £5 then I'd receive them separately, thank you very much - and they took the best part of 3 weeks to arrive.

Strangely all but b. above were female sellers - disproportionately and b. himself is a well known Everton dealer.
kcs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:10 am 
Post subject:

eBay feedback is a weird thing... I have sold some old T-shirts on there recently and as soon as the buyer has paid I have left feedback, as stated by DellBoye at the beginning of the thread they have done their bit, if i try to sell things through bad descriptions then I deserve negattive feedback.

I had an issue similar ToffeeeDan with P&P after winning 2 late 1950's progs from the same person he wanted £5 for postage, I paid because i wanted the item (I know really I should have stood my ground), they arrived together. He subsequently received neutral feedback as the items were very good but I did expose the P&P con. Have since seen items from him for sale with a much reduced P&P rate and an offer for discount on multiple purchases.
Did this work becuase of my feedback or because people like Dan stood their ground, guessing I will not really know for this individual but I am glad I left the feedback I did.

I was searching the depths of eBay (as per normal) for Leeds home and came acorss a 'RARE' 1974-75 home programme on sale (The programme is available ten to the dozen). Rather bemussed by the situtation I emailed the t$£t and asked why it was rare (okay, so I said I was new to collecting), His reply....

It's rare because only around 30,000 people in world have a copy, do you have a copy? No! Therefore its RARE.

Of course I have a copy, but couldn't be bothered to reply anymore, so there you have it, if there are 'only' 30,000 copies of a programme then its rare!!!

Interestingly it didn't sell with a £0.10 starting price! Bloody Rare indeed!

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:36 pm 
Post subject:

We sold 1000s of football items on ebay and evertime as soon as payment was sent we left feedback. We even put in our details that as far as we were concerned if the buyer paid in good time they had fullfilled their end of the bargain.

Sadly our own feedback score suffered for that, not in negatives we were and still are 100% I think, but once some people had their feedback they didn't bother to leave ours. I think it cost us about 30% of all possible feedbacks.

So although I wouldn't do it myself I can't really blaim people for only leaving feedback when they have there feedback but it's poo aint it ? blackmail.
giorgio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:33 pm 
Post subject: Feedback continued

Seller should always leave feedback first unless item is despatched before payment has cleared, ie cheque. I used to leave neg feedback as a matter of course for sellers who didn't leave feedback before I had left mine but had to stop this as I was receiving retaliatory negs.
I accepted the situation in the end because there is nothing you can do about it and always leave feedback now when item is received.
Very reluctantly, I have now joined the masses of sellers who wait for feedback to be received as I was getting fed up with some buyers not leaving feedback at all no matter how good the service provided.
Ebay needs to do something about this and it's not very difficult. A seller should be forced into leaving feedback first under all circumstances. Anyone who does not comply should have 10% of their ratings removed. I'm sure these people would get the picture then.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:08 pm 
Post subject: feedback

It's a difficult one this. I would never leave feedback for anybody who I'd bought a programme off if they didn't leave similar for me, as I always pay within 24 hours, so absolutely no reason for a seller not to leave excellent feedback.
However, as a somewhat seller, I know I've forgotten to give feedback for maybe two or three weeks due to usually being completely forgetful. As a rule though, it is absolutely wrong for any seller to leave giving feedback until they've received similar from the buyer. Don't deal with these people again who do this to me. It's bad manners, end of story.
BCFC_1875

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:58 am 
Post subject: south staffs programmes

been ripped off a few times on ebay Nod
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: