Football Programmes Centre

Pudsey (Leeds) Fair - Sat 13 June
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pudsey (Leeds) Fair - Sat 13 June

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smk06

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:20 pm 
Post subject: Pudsey (Leeds) Fair - Sat 13 June

Anyone planning on going to this? I live in Leeds so I'll be going along. I emailed Mick Hewitt for a list of dealers who will be at the fair. Any idea which clubs they deal in (other than the two Liverpool)?

CHRIS WILLIAMS
DAVIS SIMON ADVERTS IN PM BOUGHT MOST OF CHRIS WILLIAMS STOCK ABOVE.
ALMONDVALE PROGS ADVERT PM(SCOTTISH)
TONY LAZENBY
ELMO BOOKS
FULLER PROGRAMMES
MEL HART
DAVID JOHNSON (LIVERPOOL)
A COUPLE OF COLLECTOR COME DEALERS NO MAIL ORDER
SOCCER HISTORY
JOHN HOLDROYD
GRAHAM HALLIGAN (LIVERPOOL )
COLIN BOULTER
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:30 pm 
Post subject:

Does anyone have contact details for the 2 Liverpool dealers? Would like to see if they have certain programmes before I commit to going.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:38 pm 
Post subject:

Mel Hart is chairman of the Forest Supporters Club, so I'm guessing his stuff will be mostly Forest.
kcs

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:56 pm 
Post subject:

Mick may have the liverpool ones your after, he use to have a section of LFC on his offers lists.

Cant recall his email address (catalogue somewhere but not at hand, typical) but he is HewAlex on eBay if that helps?

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:35 pm 
Post subject:

Looking for 1940's Liverpool v Everton programmes mate if he goes back that far?
andyfromboston

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:34 am 
Post subject:

ForestMick wrote:
Mel Hart is chairman of the Forest Supporters Club, so I'm guessing his stuff will be mostly Forest.

Mel's stuff is a very eclectic mix.......he has a fair bit of Forest stuff but not a really dominant quantity.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:27 am 
Post subject: Leeds Fair

I'll be there - John Holroyd, aka Auchinleckian - and will have the following stock with me, all in non acidic plastic board backed bags:-
Please note the the vast majority of all my stock is pre 1970, highly unlikely to find anything there more recent that that unless it's a European Final, F.A.Cup Final etc. Individual boxes containing
pre 1960's English League and Cup, plus over 100 x 1940's
pre 1960's English non league and cup
pre 1970 English non league in the F.A.Cup proper
pre 1960's Scottish league and cup
friendlies
internationals
finals and semi finals
pre league and ex league
reserves
club handbooks

all items usually in good to excellent condition.
hydemaine

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:13 pm 
Post subject:

hello I will be there also
good selection of northern clubs and old classics!
Senior82

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:11 pm 
Post subject:

Pretty sure Tony Lazenby deals in Rugby League stuff.
pompey gaz

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:44 pm 
Post subject:

yes im going as i live in morley bet there aint a lot of pompey stuff though
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm 
Post subject: pompey

You're probably right, there won't be a lot of Pompey items there. Reason being that Leeds is a fair way from Pompey, so highly unlikely that there's going to be much there. I will have a few collectable Pompey items, check me out when you're there. You'll see my Auchinleck Talbot scarf on the wall behind my stall.
grimsbybarralad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:34 pm 
Post subject:

I'm going to go by train. Where is the actual venue? Does anyone know how far it is from the station?

Thanks,
grimsbybarralad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:27 pm 
Post subject:

Well I went. It was only my second experience of a Programme Fair and although I picked up more stuff than at Sheffield at Christmas it seems that no-one really caters for people like me who don't want to go back to the early sixties and before. I realise I'm probably in a minority of one on here but I was rather hoping I'd come across a load of 70's/80's and even 90's stuff. I understand the arguments about the need to take with you what is likely to sell but even so.......

I did see some fantastic stuff though, with prices to match. I'd have wanted securicor to take me home if I'd paid some of the prices!
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:16 pm 
Post subject: Pudsey Fair

Nice to see the Barra Lad there, but unfortunately, nobody else off this site. Pity becasue it was a good fair.
The problem with catering for folk who want to collect modern day issues is tat dealers have to hump boxload after boxload of the stuff, and will be lucky to sell half a dozen at 50 pence a time, so it's just not worth it. It also confirms that there are two very distinct markets out there, one for the more modern collector who wants most of their items as cheaply as possible - as they've collected most of their items off ebay - and the other more established end of the market with people who are willing to shell out for the more collectable items.
When you look at those kind of economics it's easy to see why fairs tend to stick to the collector's needs of those who will fork out.
badhand

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:34 pm 
Post subject:

I thought that it was a good fair even though I didn't pick up anything. There were a few Bristol Rovers programmes there but not anything that I needed. Good venue and a good selection of helpful dealers.

Apologies for not introducing myself but I am a miserable sod so you haven't missed anything Laughing
grimsbybarralad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:32 pm 
Post subject: Re: Pudsey Fair

Auchinleckian wrote:
Nice to see the Barra Lad there, but unfortunately, nobody else off this site. Pity becasue it was a good fair.
The problem with catering for folk who want to collect modern day issues is tat dealers have to hump boxload after boxload of the stuff, and will be lucky to sell half a dozen at 50 pence a time, so it's just not worth it. It also confirms that there are two very distinct markets out there, one for the more modern collector who wants most of their items as cheaply as possible - as they've collected most of their items off ebay - and the other more established end of the market with people who are willing to shell out for the more collectable items.
When you look at those kind of economics it's easy to see why fairs tend to stick to the collector's needs of those who will fork out.

I understand perfectly where you are coming from. If anything my expectations were probably unrealistic. Did enjoy the day though, although I was petrified that when I was watching your stall someone would try to haggle with me! Smile
smk06

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:37 pm 
Post subject:

Was planning on going to I ended up taking advantage of the good weather and spent the weekend in Whitby instead. I don't go to many so my next one will probably be the Altrincham Fair after Christmas.

Hope everyone that went enjoyed it and I'll do my best to get there next year!
Rocky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:17 pm 
Post subject:

I was there and can confirm that it was good day. I've been going for the last ten years or so and there seems to be more dealers and collectors going now after a lull a couple of years ago.

It appears that quite a few members were there on Saturday but as a new member (joined on Monday) I didn't know that that you had a stall Auchinleckian. However after reading the thread I can identify who you were and have to say I was well impressed with the content and presentation of your stock. Everything boxed and in alphabetical order which made it so easy to go straight to the clubs I was interested in. I was even present when you were talking to the Grimsby collector, grimsbybarralad I presume.

Hope to put a few more faces to names next year.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: