Football Programmes Centre

Liverpool Programmes
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Liverpool Programmes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kjell Liverpool

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:57 pm 
Post subject: Liverpool Programmes

Hi!

Does anyone know about a website that lists up all Liverpool programmes that are produced from the second world war end until today.

I've got the dates for all the games that Liverpool have played in the period, but I'm looking for the dates of the programmes that are made for postponed games.

Kjell
seand

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:54 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Kjell

I doubt you'll find such comprehensive information on any website, but there was a 'book' produced by one of the Liverpool programme experts (Jim Gardiner) in the late 90s which listed every match played since the war with details of whether a programme was produced. It was home published by the look of it and will probably be hard to find but you might get it on ebay at some stage.

I think I still have a copy somewhere and if I can find it I'll let you know more details.

cheers
Sean
oldbolt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:28 am 
Post subject:

One of the rarer Liverpool postponed ones is v Newcastle at Anfield on 31 August 1997 when Princess Diana died.
There was an article in a Liverpool programme a few years later about the programmes being sent back to the printers to be destroyed and only a few survived.One of the surviving ones was on show in the Liverpool museum.
Having said that one can be bought for £75 from footballprogrammes.com so perhaps it isn't that rare!
corkkoppite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:41 pm 
Post subject:

oldbolt wrote:
One of the rarer Liverpool postponed ones is v Newcastle at Anfield on 31 August 1997 when Princess Diana died.
There was an article in a Liverpool programme a few years later about the programmes being sent back to the printers to be destroyed and only a few survived.One of the surviving ones was on show in the Liverpool museum.
Having said that one can be bought for £75 from footballprogrammes.com so perhaps it isn't that rare!
One of these came up on ebay early last year I think it only fetched about £24 at the time. I didn't know the story of them then Sad I read since only 10 or so survived.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: