Football Programmes Centre

A general programme query - opinions please
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A general programme query - opinions please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Senior82

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:16 pm 
Post subject: A general programme query - opinions please

More of a general topic as it's non football but it is about a programme!

Basically I follow Sheffield Eagles (rugby league) home and away. For the league that we are in this season, the powers that be have decided that each team is to sell a general weekly magazine instead of a programme, in order to cut back on costs. Some clubs do still produce their own though.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, Eagles were away at Halifax. The weekly mazagine came complete with a 4 page insert from Halifax, however, the insert is basically half a page of comments from an unknown person, maybe the club chairman, and three pages of adverts. There is no real reference to which game is being played, nor is there a date on the insert.

Would you class this as a programme, or would you say for that game there was no programme (i'm not counting the general magazine) - opinions please!
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:32 pm 
Post subject:

Was the insert dated at all or did it have details of the fixture on it?

Craig
Senior82

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:39 pm 
Post subject:

Craig wrote:
Was the insert dated at all or did it have details of the fixture on it?

Craig

No and no.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:58 pm 
Post subject:

It's just an insert but those who attend the game know that it relates to that game (in some way shape or form). Disappointing there's no reference to that game (date/teamnews etc.) tho it must be said.

To ease my own conscience in this sort of situation I would keep the general magazine relating to the week of the game I attended and perhaps produce my own insert for it with the line-ups from that game. At least then you have something that relates to that fixture. Basically it's up to you to make your own "rules" isn't it?

I'd imagine you know what's available and on your records you can state this - so there's nothing more to collect as an official record of this game.

WRT the "general magazine" itself unless you are a greyhound/horse racing/point to point aficianado you too probably bin the "programme" after the races (or not even buy one)..again unless you are a regular attendee. A lot of my mates don't buy programmes at the match!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: