Football Programmes Centre

King Kenny sacked by Reds
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
King Kenny sacked by Reds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:29 pm 
Post subject: King Kenny sacked by Reds

In the modern game, cups mean nothing. To finish 4th is far more important than two cup finals, as the sacking of Daglish proves. Judge
Floor Pie

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:52 pm 
Post subject:

Well the league is the Bread and butter but they were not reaching there goals long before he arrived, Mr abramovich has gone few a fair few with us in recent years! I reckon he deserved another season though.
nozer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:31 pm 
Post subject: Dalgleash Sacked.

Im sure the compensation payout for the remaining two years on his contract will lighten the blow of the sack for the guy.
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:23 am 
Post subject: Re: King Kenny sacked by Reds

Wullie wrote:
In the modern game, cups mean nothing. To finish 4th is far more important than two cup finals, as the sacking of Daglish proves. Judge

Agree

Legend or not, Its results.......

Owners have bailed out the club, (debts 300M), invested in players & wages.

They need a return on their investment & the only way is champions league.

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
Senior82

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:07 am 
Post subject:

He spent a lot of money on mediocre players.
WileBrownAstle

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:17 am 
Post subject:

Plus sides winnin the Carling Cup, and FA Cup final

120 million of the likes of Downing, Carrol, Adam, who havnt done it over the course of the season.
mancitymark

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:40 am 
Post subject:

They regard him in Liverpool as one of there own - Now he will really fit in there as he's no longer employed Shocked Wink

*No offence was intended to the good people of Liverpool in the posting of the above statement*
pnefan

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:14 am 
Post subject:

Quote:
120 million of the likes of Downing, Carrol, Adam, who havnt done it over the course of the season.

Downing and Carrol are in the England squad - why ? - if they haven't done it at club level .
mancitymark

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:05 am 
Post subject:

pnefan wrote:
Quote:

Downing and Carrol are in the England squad - why ? - if they haven't done it at club level .

Thought the same about Glen Johnson although not to sure how much he's played this season and is a liability IMO at international level, He must have something on Roy Hodgson to get in over Richards who has been outstanding for us this season Sherlock
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:05 pm 
Post subject:

pnefan wrote:
Quote:

It's Roy's revenge on Liverpool. Send them to Poland - don't select them & no summer off.
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:41 pm 
Post subject:

How much do the media love Liverpool ? four prem clubs searching for managers and the only one in the news is Liverpool.

I got a nice Yankee bet I want to put on but can't find a market for all of them. Not checked betfair been banned twice so not registering again:-)
CodeXIII

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:11 pm 
Post subject:

Martinez would be perfect for Liverpool, he's used to working with mid-table teams and keeping them up in the last weeks of a season Smile

LFC - how the might have fallen, Shanks and Paisley will be turning in their graves.
swnydwr

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:41 pm 
Post subject:

It was a strange season, we never got a good run going apart from in the cups. The americans disappeared when it came to the Suarez/Evra affair and left Dalglish vulnerable to a great deal of criticism which the media happily piled on him.

Being a stubborn scotsman and loyal red he has stood his ground with the press and they have not liked it one bit. At times I will be honest and say he has sounded a bit too antagonistic with his post match comments and that has not looked too good in this media age we live in.

The Americans have flexed their muscles rightly or wrongly and have stated that champions league is the target. What would have happened if we had beat Chelsea?? Would that have been enough? Something tells me no.

Dalglish will always be a hero to me and to the Liverpool fans but leaving him at the club would have heaped extra pressure on whoever comes in as it did for Hodgson. Whoever gets the job will know that success is the only option. Unfortunately 4th in the league is deemed more as success that winning a cup these days!!!
Inabitski

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:38 pm 
Post subject: Re: Dalgleash Sacked.

nozer wrote:
Im sure the compensation payout for the remaining two years on his contract will lighten the blow of the sack for the guy.

Declined any payment and has said put it into next season transfers. The way things are going, looks as though will be funding a new managers salary...
Inabitski

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:40 pm 
Post subject:

Kickoff3pm wrote:
How much do the media love Liverpool ? four prem clubs searching for managers and the only one in the news is Liverpool.

I got a nice Yankee bet I want to put on but can't find a market for all of them. Not checked betfair been banned twice so not registering again:-)

The media want attention and the sale of newspapers. Liverpool give them that. You only need to look at anything to do with Suarez mid season to see this. The more dirt they can dig the better for them.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: