Football Programmes Centre

Fancy a gamble
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Fancy a gamble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:54 pm 
Post subject: Fancy a gamble

Listed on ebay
SUNDERLAND A.F.C. OFFICIAL PROGRAMME SEASON 1954-55

I made contact with the buyer and asked for opponents and he has failed to reply. He is not normally a programme seller, BUT, he is listing some York City programmes from around this era. Now, York played a FA Cup Semi Final Replay v Newcastle at Roker Park in the 1954/55 season and i have a sneaky feeling this could be a programme for that game, worth about £100.
Finally, what the hell i'm i telling you lot for ???? Laughing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUND.....500wt_1287
ashburton-grove

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:38 am 
Post subject:

I think the gamble will be if your item turns up, not who was playing.
I avoid sellers like this at all costs.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:08 am 
Post subject:

You might be right, go for it.

I guess even a fiver on a regular Sunderland game from that season would not be the worst thing you've ever spent your money on if it wasn't the one you want.

He's also selling a "whistle"
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:08 pm 
Post subject:

collectors are getting wind of this one ( the guy is from York).
It's a bit like my favourite tv programme "Storage Wars" on History channel. People bid for abandoned storage units, but all they are allowed to see is the storage from the outside, no looking inside.
This programme could be v Manchester United, Chelsea or Spurs, or a Reserve game or the FA CUP Semi.
Then again it could be against someone crap and uncollectable like Middlesbrough. ( Sorry Rocky) Laughing Laughing
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:24 pm 
Post subject:

The guy got in touch and said it is the semi final. I did the decent thing ( as i am a decent bloke) and told him to relist it as the semi final as he would get a better price for it. As he is not an experienced programme seller i thought it was the right thing to do.
All together now...... "" what a knob you are " No No
Rocky

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:43 pm 
Post subject:

On a very similar theme, whilst browsing through ebay last week I came across an item titled "Football Programme".

On closer inspection the said programme was Middlesbrough v Man Utd 49/0. Unlike Wullie I am not a knob (Laughing) and went on to win it for £47.99p. Did I do the right thing and did I get a bargain? Nod
Floor Pie

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:44 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
collectors are getting wind of this one ( the guy is from York).
It's a bit like my favourite tv programme "Storage Wars" on History channel. People bid for abandoned storage units, but all they are allowed to see is the storage from the outside, no looking inside.
This programme could be v Manchester United, Chelsea or Spurs, or a Reserve game or the FA CUP Semi.
Then again it could be against someone crap and uncollectable like Middlesbrough. ( Sorry Rocky) Laughing Laughing

I love watching these type of shows wullie, im may be confused with a very similar show as theres 3-4 now, but is storage wars the one that is allways very over the top and they end up "fighting" or finding Ferraris etc? No
Auction Hunters on Discovery Channel is brilliant and more belivable....But i find them all a bit suspect!
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:51 pm 
Post subject:

the guy who lists "Football Programme" is a well known seller. Why he does it i don't know. Could be a double bluff, people think they getting a bargain then mad bidding at the end?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: